PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder New to Pathfinder; Help with PCGen

Burley
2017-07-14, 10:23 AM
Yo. Whattup?

SO, I'm making a Half-orc Inquisitor of Ebrietas (basically a Bloodborne Hunter). We're 5th level and we did 4d6;low-drop for stats and I ended up with a 17-15-15-14-12-10 before racial adjustments.

Before I start putting pen to paper, what do I need to look out for? I've been playing D&D 3.5/4/5 for a decade or so, but making a PC with just the SRD gives me agita.

Also, the GM is one of those GMs that wants to win, so, the other players are advising I bring a second character. I rolled 16-15-15-10-8-4 for that and... I'm keepin' it. Any suggestions for something with a 4?

legomaster00156
2017-07-14, 01:21 PM
Uh, before you get into this, I'd like to make note that a GM vs. player mentality is not healthy for most groups, especially when the GM is the one who holds it.

Kurald Galain
2017-07-14, 01:28 PM
Before I start putting pen to paper, what do I need to look out for?
What do you want, a list of trap options? There aren't many, and there are retraining rules available. Inquisitors generally want high str and wis, and decent con and dex. You might want to specify what a "Bloodborne Hunter" is supposed to be, and why you're not using the Hunter class for a hunter.

I rolled 16-15-15-10-8-4 for that and... I'm keepin' it. Any suggestions for something with a 4?
Plenty. Numerous casting classes can get away with a 4 str. If you don't mind a lack of social skills, you can do cha 4 on lots of classes. Or, take a caster class with two skill points per level and with 4 int you'll still have one skill point (plus one from human or half-orc, plus one from favored class). Of course your character will be dumb as a brick.

ATHATH
2017-07-14, 01:40 PM
Put the 4 in STR, then play a race with a STR penalty, then get a wheelchair and be Professor X.

Calthropstu
2017-07-14, 01:57 PM
Con 4. Come on, it'll be fun!
A 4 eh? Been a long time since I had an ability that low. I like the idea of a 4 cha character. Give him some reason to be considered a cha 4. A xenophobic sexist obnoxious pig for example. "Adventurin is a man's work. Filthy demihumans and women have no place slayin monsters. Hey wench, bring me a beer. And throw these filthy drunken dwarves out, they're ruining my appetite."
For the rest, skills and feats can be retrained. It takes money and time, but if you really start to dislike what you picked it'll be easy to fix.
For your primary character, I recommend taking spells that increase your combat effectiveness. Eg. boosting ac and to hit. Bless, prayer etc. Also adding some healing would be beneficial.
Other than that, you will find pf to be very close to its parent, 3.5. Most options good there are good here.