PDA

View Full Version : The Robe of Useful items and quest threads

Marvnmartian
2017-07-14, 10:54 AM
In one of my campaign that just wrapped up a player pulled this off and I will always include it as an option from now on.

So he sought out a wizard who can craft magical items and payed him the 500gp + cost of aristocratic life style 100gp for the 10 days it takes to craft a Robe of useful items. then came to an agreement where he will just continuously make them and profit endlessly he was a bard and high charisma made it possible. this also made the wizard a defacto member of the party as he gave them quests and helped with information as the campaign went on.

I still say its the most interesting magic item just because if you wanted to sell all the contents from the patches for gold you would make about 1k gp on avg but I have used them as a sort of gambling catch as i would have the players role the 4d4 and the d100 for what they get.

So every other adventure I would have the wizard send the bard a sending that a robe is ready for pickup. and it instantly made everyone at the table want to head back to town (quest hub) and see their goodies.

It didn't break the game too much, except one time where we had 5 robes at one time and they must have been planning on this for a while as on their surprise round on a group of orcs all pulled their patch with 2 mastiffs on it so i had 10 mastiffs and the party vs a hard encounter was entertaining and they got to keep the 2 mastiffs that survived the encounter as pets.