PDA

View Full Version : Odd question.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-14, 04:30 PM
New contemplation for my wizard as a character with the scag blade singer.at 17
And a bard at three taking the middle finger of vecnas bard battledancer what is my ac going to be and could i dervish dance and atck with green flame blade

Link to battle dancer here http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2015/07/battledancer.html?m=1

lunaticfringe
2017-07-14, 04:49 PM
You linked Big Top here is Battledancer (http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2015/07/battledancer.html)

I have no idea what your AC will be I don't what your AC from items & Int Mod are. If you are asking if Bladesong & Dervish Dance stack I would say so. They are 2 different effects, and Dervish is flat +2. I'm calling Cheese on you though.

I don't see why you can't GFB, but I would rule it doesn't get the benefit of Dervish Dance because you Cast A Spell. You didnt take the Attack Action.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-14, 04:50 PM
Well we will assume leather plus 3 leather armor and a defender longsword as well as int of 20.so thanks vut it does allow me to be a little more in the fray yes or no

Clone
2017-07-14, 05:27 PM
If wearing light armor, you'd need to consider your DEX too. Whatever your AC would be as a straight bladesinger, just add +2 to it and thats the AC of Bladesong and Dervish Dance.

I wouldn't allow you to attack with GFB and Dervish attack however, as casting a cantrip which uses a melee attack =/= making the attack action. You could still use the Bladesinger's Extra attack with it though.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-14, 05:45 PM
Thanks just some crazy ideas.

sir_argo
2017-07-14, 07:39 PM
Middle Finger of Vecna is homebrew stuff, so it is by definition, not tested out against official material. Even the official material doesn't like mixing from two different supplements. That rule is because additional classes are normally only vetted against the base classes in the PHB and it is possible to find OP combinations if you mix these outlier classes together. I believe it's called the PHB + 1 rule. But of course, if you're using homebrew, there really are no rules.

That being said, I don't think you would be able to do two different dances at the same time (cue comments about artists who fuse different styles together). I would think that Dervish Dance and Blade Dance are mutually exclusive.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-14, 07:40 PM
Thats a fair point actually ok. So a normal bard archetype foe funzies that goes with blade singer is

lunaticfringe
2017-07-14, 07:59 PM
I'd go straight wizard or Sorcerer honestly if you are looking to fill out those last 3 levels. Wizard gets you Spell Mastery & Signature Spell which are great. Sorcerer 3 gets you Metamagic, remember when you Multiclass there are no Sorcerer & Wizard Slots just Slots so you can go nuts making Sorcery Points.

Paladin is solid for brutal Melee Smites to up your combat game but I assume you have poor Str?

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-14, 08:01 PM
12 str i use dex based weapons with charisma and int at 20 or really close. I just want some thing thematic towards a noble drow elf who isnt ****ing drizt. Mind you i just dont like the last two abilities they are nice but dont exactly scream fun ive been a max level wizard and looked at Every one elses capstones. Felt less important by that point.