PDA

View Full Version : What If? Eugene and his kids

martianmister
2017-07-14, 05:23 PM
What if Eugene had killed his other kids too? Would he be trapped in "purgatory" state forever without no hope of "redemption"?

woweedd
2017-07-14, 05:44 PM
Um...Julia hadn't been born yet.

martianmister
2017-07-14, 05:55 PM
Um...Julia hadn't been born yet.

I didn't say that he killed them all in the same time.

y2kyle89
2017-07-14, 05:57 PM
If destroying to the world counts for it I would think Loy Redscabbard killing Xykon would count for it too.

woweedd
2017-07-14, 05:58 PM
I didn't say that he killed them all in the same time.
..Jezz, he's not THAT bad a father. He's neglectful. That's downright incompetent.:smalleek:

Razade
2017-07-14, 06:00 PM
If destroying to the world counts for it I would think Loy Redscabbard killing Xykon would count for it too.

No, the blood oath specifies it has to be someone of his direct line. It has to be one of his children.

woweedd
2017-07-14, 06:04 PM
No, the blood oath specifies it has to be someone of his direct line. It has to be one of his children.
I'd think that, if circumstances beyond Eugene' s control rendered the oath unable to be fulfilled, the spirits of Ultimate Law And Good would be understanding.

Emanick
2017-07-14, 06:11 PM
I'd think that, if circumstances beyond Eugene' s control rendered the oath unable to be fulfilled, the spirits of Ultimate Law And Good would be understanding.

Maybe if they weren't Lawful, yes. But he did swear a binding oath. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lawful Good plane held Eugene to his word and refused to ever let him into the afterlife due to the fact that he had no living descendants to carry out his work.

Of course, that doesn't mean they wouldn't change their minds if Eugene had genuinely tried to uphold the oath while alive. We know that he gave up on it, and that they consider that the main strike against him. I suspect the LG afterlife would feel much more positively disposed towards a Eugene whose children could not fulfill his oath but who tried his best to fulfill it himself during his life.

Kish
2017-07-14, 06:13 PM
If Eugene killed all three of his kids, the Blood Oath would be the least of his problems getting into a Good afterlife.

woweedd
2017-07-14, 06:17 PM
If Eugene killed all three of his kids, the Blood Oath would be the least of his problems getting into a Good afterlife.
Also this, yes. Kish, you remain a bastion of wisdom.

Morquard
2017-07-14, 06:27 PM

Just because Eugene think that it will count does not mean it will actually count.

y2kyle89
2017-07-14, 07:43 PM
Just because Eugene think that it will count does not mean it will actually count.

Good point.