PDA

View Full Version : Ideas needed

NinaWu
2017-07-14, 11:43 PM
Basically what has happened is that 2 of our players (the cleric and the warlock) played with a deck of many things (2 different decks in a gaming room) and both, somehow, drew the Donjon card. One of these players (the cleric) has now left our game.

Another PC played with the deck and drew the Knight card followed by the Flames card. The Lv 4 fighter (knight card) has already joined the party as they head off to rescue their friends from their extra dimensional prison (for simplicity of the game both went to the same locale). I'm now looking for creative ideas of how to turn the cleric into a devil to fulfil the Flames card obligation.

Any and all ideas appreciated.
The party of 6 travelling to rescue the prisoners is now level 6.

imanidiot
2017-07-15, 12:52 AM
A Wish is literally the only way to free someone from the Donjon prison. The Cleric could have potentially used Divine Intervention but the cleric is the one imprisoned. They should travel to that cleric's holy order and get them to try to get their god to intervene. That or spend an entire campaign looking for a Wish spell.

Edit: BTW a Deck of Many Things is a terrible magic item. I don't have my exact math handy but it is essentially a slot machine that never pays out a jackpot and occasionally takes all of your money or just kills you. If you DM includes one in your game laugh at him and throw it away.

JackPhoenix
2017-07-15, 06:13 AM
I'm now looking for creative ideas of how to turn the cleric into a devil to fulfil the Flames card obligation.

True Polymorph, Wish, or be Lawful Evil, make deal with someone from Nine Hells, die, get turned into larva and then wait until you get promoted to high enough form to count as "powerful". Good deal (and being really LE bastard) may get you higher starting point than larva, but propably still not above lemure. Note that the devil won't have the cleric's memories or personality, but at least the "enemy" part would be easier to reach that way.

And it propably won't work anyway, because the card doesn't say the powerful devil will become your enemy sometime in the future, but (presumably) when you draw the card.

NinaWu
2017-07-15, 06:56 AM
Mmmm, yeah the time thing was on my mind. But, mind you, doesn't say it has to materialise immediately. Food for thought. thanks :)

JackPhoenix
2017-07-15, 07:04 AM
Mmmm, yeah the time thing was on my mind. But, mind you, doesn't say it has to materialise immediately. Food for thought. thanks :)

It doesn't have to be summoned (unlike the Avatar of Death from Skull card)... it's your enemy, but it can just as well work against you from its home in Baator, at least until it get a chance to visit material plane.

NinaWu
2017-07-15, 07:07 AM
It doesn't have to be summoned (unlike the Avatar of Death from Skull card)... it's your enemy, but it can just as well work against you from its home in Baator, at least until it get a chance to visit material plane.

Agreed. That was the plan. It's just organising the 'apprenticeship' period to work in with the game.

Puh Laden
2017-07-15, 09:16 AM
A powerful devil makes a deal with the cleric: I'll let you out (and the following may or may not be written in invisible ink) if you become my subordinate. The cleric, being a cleric, would of course be targeted by such a being because it's all the sweeter.