PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Steel Fist commando: PF

Nosta
2017-07-15, 11:19 AM
I am in need of Feats for a 20th level Steel Fist commando who Relies on Broken Blade and Riven hourglass.

The Character is a user of Trips and AoO

so I know a few feats I need but the others I have a hard time filling in

Elricaltovilla
2017-07-15, 12:17 PM
You can never go wrong with advanced study to pick up extra maneuvers you may have wanted but not quite gotten yet. If you branched out a little into other disciplines you could pick up a new 8th or even 9th level maneuver to compliment your fighting style.

angelpalm
2017-07-15, 12:24 PM
I am in need of Feats for a 20th level Steel Fist commando who Relies on Broken Blade and Riven hourglass.

The Character is a user of Trips and AoO

so I know a few feats I need but the others I have a hard time filling in

I'd trade out one of your disciplines known for Eternal Guardian.

Warden’s Bearing is a legit boost that lets you use basically any combat maneuver, meanwhile it lets you do so against critters that would normally be too large for you to trip.

Intruder’s End increases your threat area and gives you more AoO's, and you can use it as an immediate action.

The whole discipline has good warlord synergy too being charisma based so if you want to use fear effects you are set to go that route as well.

Edit: Also take note that Brawler’s Attitude from broken blade doesn't have a listed duration, so you could use that one round or I suppose even before combat? Then when you do use something like Warden's Bearing you will probably get a guaranteed trip.

legomaster00156
2017-07-15, 11:28 PM
I would consider investing in the Wolf Style (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/wolf-style-combat-style) feat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/wolf-trip-wolf-style) tree (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/wolf-savage-combat-style).

Sagetim
2017-07-16, 03:14 AM
my steelfist commando player tonight just showed off how effective panther style can be, by punching everything that tried to aoo him along the way. He used a high ac compared to their attack bonus to basically just punish them with a punch to the schnoz whenever they tried to AOO him.

This tracked off his wisdom bonus though, so if you don't already have some good ability scores to spread around, there's no reason to make yourself a little more MAD by going panther style.

Also, with broken blade you don't necessarily need to trip anyone when you can just dual boost and drop adamantine knuckle and iron knuckle at the same time and then stack that into whatever the higher level version of steel flurry strike is, with it's 3 attacks and +3d6 per attack and....yeah. You can murder the hell out of something one one storm of punches there. Warblades with Broken Blade are dangerous as hell with the stacking they can pull off.

Now, just because you don't Need to trip doesn't mean you might not want to anyway. So, to facilitate aoo spam at all times forever, quick draw, then improved quick draw will let you threaten your normal area with your weapons sheathed, so even if your fists are in your pockets, babam, punch to the face with an instant back in the pockets, whistling innocently and looking at them all 'what? I didn't do that'.

Additionally worth noting is that you can really inflate your unarmed strike damage with effective size increases. The Primal Fury stance seems to stack with the steel fist commando effective size increase at level 8, so you'll wind up with something like 4d6 or 4d8 baseline unarmed strike damage (because of the way the increasing damage dies works on the chart they eventually consolidated). That same chart has a d10 go straight to 2d6, which is relevant for other stuff, but a point of reference that I can recall off hand. That kind of raw unarmed strike damage stacks well with the wolf style shenanigans, and taking the feat for entering a stance and a style with the same swift action would probably be a wise investment for abusing that.