PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of War: Adding Martial Scripts?

EisenKreutzer
2017-07-15, 12:09 PM
Tome of Battle, which PoW is based on, introduced a number of items to 3.5 including martial scripts, scrolls that contained martial maneuvers.

PoW did not contain an equivalent item for Pathfinder.
Would adding martial scripts, and the Scribe Martial Script feat, change or unbalance amything? Were they just a bad idea?

Morty
2017-07-15, 12:11 PM
I can't say I see much of a point to them. Writings containing secret maneuvers, techniques and styles are all well and good, as a plot element. As a game mechanic, it feels like trying to imitate spells.

khadgar567
2017-07-15, 12:15 PM
You know whole path of war actually already mimics the magic system so scrools of punching I-IX is not a complex thing to do

Elricaltovilla
2017-07-15, 12:15 PM
We added Martial Elixirs in Steelforge. They function similarly to potions, containing the distilled knowledge of a one time use strike, counter and boost. I don't know if they've been fully published yet, but that's what we came up with as opposed to martial scripts.

khadgar567
2017-07-15, 12:18 PM
We added Martial Elixirs in Steelforge. They function similarly to potions, containing the distilled knowledge of a one time use strike, counter and boost. I don't know if they've been fully published yet, but that's what we came up with as opposed to martial scripts.
Part 1 aka so few pieces published

Tuvarkz
2017-07-15, 12:22 PM

The playtest document remains nuked atm as well.