PDA

View Full Version : NE deity

Stryyke
2017-07-16, 06:27 AM
For my cleric, I want a NE deity with Knowledge, Destruction, and Healing domains. The premise of the character is to take the Healing and Destruction feats to fill domain sacrifice, and to have the knowledge domain and feat. With extra turning, 6+ uses of fast healing 2+ for 1 min each. As part of the character, he will refuse all buffs and healing from other sources; needing to be completely self-sufficient. Using the knowledge domain, he gets access to all knowledges. And with the knowledge feat, he can turn that knowledge into bonuses. And he will have the Destruction feat to help when he is fighting an especially tough enemy. It should be doable with 2 flaws.

The problem is that the only deities that seem to fit the bill aren't really battle deities, so much as corrosive/disease/etc deities. I can certainly homebrew the deity, but I wanted to make sure that there wasn't an established deity that qualifies.

Crake
2017-07-16, 06:47 AM
Clerics in 3.5 do not need to follow a deity, however, for domain feats, there needs to be a thematic connection between your choices, one that you will need to approve with your DM.

I'm not aware of any deities with both destruction and healing in their domain choices, so you will need to build a theme for your character and have it DM approved.

Tiri
2017-07-16, 06:59 AM
The Heretic of the Feat allows you to modify the ideals of your religion to allow for one domain that your deity normally does not have, so if you find a deity that you like but does not have the required domains it can help.

Also, consider using the Cloistered Cleric, which gets you the Knowledge domain for free.

Note that you cannot have more than two domain feats, so your current plan will have to sacrifice one of those feats before it works.

Stryyke
2017-07-16, 08:14 AM
The Heretic of the Feat allows you to modify the ideals of your religion to allow for one domain that your deity normally does not have, so if you find a deity that you like but does not have the required domains it can help.

Also, consider using the Cloistered Cleric, which gets you the Knowledge domain for free.

Thanks. That helps. But you are wrong about 1 thing, this is from page 53 of the Complete Champion:

"Clerics and Domain Feats: If you are a cleric (or any
other character class who gains access to a domain), you
can choose any domain feat corresponding to the list of
domains offered by your deity, even if you do not have
access to those particular domains. A cleric of Pelor, for
example, can choose to cast spells from the Good and
Healing domains but select the Strength Devotion and
Sun Devotion feats.
In addition, you can choose to give up access to a domain
in exchange for the corresponding domain feat. Doing so
allows you to select up to three domain feats, but you cannot
prepare domain spells or use the granted power of the sacrifi
ced domain. In essence, you trade in a domain for an extra
feat slot that you can spend only on a specifi c domain feat.
For example, the above cleric of Pelor could choose to give
up the granted power and spells of the Good domain for the
Good Devotion feat.

Tiri
2017-07-16, 08:27 AM
Missed that. Thanks for increasing the sum of my D&D knowledge.

Thurbane
2017-07-28, 10:00 PM
Not many Evil deities have the Healing domain, full stop.

Luthic is NE, and has the Community, Earth, Evil, Healing and Protection domains (not helpful to the OP).

Taiia (Deities and Demigods) has two aspects: the Creator aspect has Healing, while the Destroyer aspect has Destruction. You cannot worship both aspects, AFAIK. If you could, a Clositered Cleric of Taiia would have all three requested domains.