2. Blur & mirror image
3. Fireball & haste
4. Banishment & greater invisibility
5. Animate objects
6. Disintegrate & sunbeam
7. Plane shift & reverse gravity
8. Power word stun
9. Meteor storm & wish

I was thinking at high level most encounter will have strong saves so anything that has a save each round would not be good.
Mage armor encase the DM strips yiu of items
Blur and mirror image for defense
Firball fir aw attacks haste to assist warriors
Banishment to hopefully reduce 1 or 2 enemy
Greater invisibility for serious get away or don't hit me big creature
Animate object. Hopefully something will get a 20/20
Disintegrate twin damage sunbeam for sustain damage and vrs undead
Plane shift lets go time
Reverse gravity. Make sure DM describes the area. No save
Power word stun help end combat
Meteor storm aw devestation
Wish. Need to pull a rabbit out of the hat trick

What's your suggestions. Thanks

TheUser
2017-07-16, 05:00 PM
1. Make arnor
2. Blur & mirror image
3. Fireball & haste
4. Banishment & greater invisibility
5. Animate objects
6. Disintegrate & sunbeam
7. Plane shift & reverse gravity
8. Power word stun
9. Meteor storm & wish

I was thinking at high level most encounter will have strong saves so anything that has a save each round would not be good.
Mage armor encase the DM strips yiu of items
Blur and mirror image for defense
Firball fir aw attacks haste to assist warriors
Banishment to hopefully reduce 1 or 2 enemy
Greater invisibility for serious get away or don't hit me big creature
Animate object. Hopefully something will get a 20/20
Disintegrate twin damage sunbeam for sustain damage and vrs undead
Plane shift lets go time
Reverse gravity. Make sure DM describes the area. No save
Power word stun help end combat
Meteor storm aw devestation
Wish. Need to pull a rabbit out of the hat trick

What's your suggestions. Thanks

This question depends so much on your Metamagic and Archetype.

My go to Fire Draconic Sorcerer would have Subtle and Empower Spell with Quicken @ 10 and Twinned, Distant or Heighten at 17 (hard call to make).

That having been said

1 - Disguise Self, Shield
2 - Suggestion
3 - Counter Spell, Dispel Magic, Fireball, Lightning Bolt
4 - Wall of Fire, Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door
5 - Animate Objects
6 - Sunbeam, Mass Suggestion
7 - Teleport
8 -
9 - Wish

If I had heighten spell dominate monster might be on that list instead of Mass Suggestion but I really don't like level 8 spells too much...

The list doesn't synergize with twinned spell too well so if I did take Twinned it would probably be followed up by a slew of different spells being swapped up until level 17.

There are also certain items that can help emulate spells (hat of disguise self)
as well as a phenomenal 3 level multi-class into valor bard dip that unlocks 6 spells known (instead of 1) to really help the crunch.

Whit
2017-07-16, 05:17 PM
Ahh. Ok. Wild magic
meta twin, silent , disadvantage, quicken

Aaron Underhand
2017-07-16, 05:31 PM
My own list, though making this happen as you level up is not easy...

1 Feather Fall, Shield
2 Blindness/deafness, Phantasmal Force, Suggestion
3 CounterSpell, Fireball
4 Banishment, Dimension Door
5 Animate Objects, Wall of Stone
6 Chain Lightning
7 Plane Shift
8 Dominate Monster
9 Wish

1 A draconic sorcerer doesn't need Mage Armour - these reactions can save you a lot of heartache.
2 Saves scale more slowly than casting plusses so saves are more useful at higher levels. Also you can both upcast and twin to make the spells target multiple creatures, so you can 'play the odds'
3 Now have Dex, Con, Wis and Int saves - plus counterspell their counterspell....
4 Add a Cha save, and some mobility
5 Control, Damage and flexibility
6 For the fire resistant people who just need damage...
7 Mobility - covers for teleport as well
8 ...again... twin...
9 Just so you can cast any lower level spell you are missing....

Feather fall is campaign dependant - if you're not in Sharn you might prefer misty step at second.

TheUser
2017-07-16, 05:32 PM
Ahh. Ok. Wild magic
meta twin, silent , disadvantage, quicken

Tone down your number of higher level spells

you get 1 slot of each and cutting down on your flexibility for other spells that you have 3+ casts of per day is not wise.

Mid level spells are best to max out on because they are a good use of your turn and if you run out of slots you can always upcast them to keep your spell diversity. If, however, you run out of high level slots, those spells become useless once the slots are spent (you can't synthesize 6+ spells with sorcery points either). Best to have 1 spell known per level after 6.

@ Aaron Underhand it is very unlikely you will ever counterspell a counterspell because it has no verbal component.
If they conceal their hand in their robes you don't see it happening and can't counter it.

Best to just use subtle spell and have the ability to always counterspell them whilst they can never counterspell you.

Aaron Underhand
2017-07-16, 05:48 PM
There are also certain items that can help emulate spells (hat of disguise self)
as well as a phenomenal 3 level multi-class into valor bard dip that unlocks 6 spells known (instead of 1) to really help the crunch.

Yes I'd assumed some defensive item, with nothing to help you out a few defensive spells are required.

That said your "three levels to Valor Bard" will also give you medium armour and shield!

That as well as that boost to the first and second level spells known and some outside the list that are really worth having. Healing Word, Faerie Fire, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Heat Metal and Silence all spring to mind.

That really is an awesome dip for a sorcerer going to level 20

Naanomi
2017-07-16, 06:31 PM
My current sorcerer is intended to focus on debuffs heavily (and has a lot of concentration reliance because of it unfortunetly); but this is my planned spell list:

0) Chill Touch, Frost Bite, Light, Shocking Grasp, Ray of Frost
1) Mage Armor, Ray of Sickness, Shield
2) Blindness/Deafness, Misty Step
3) Slow, Counterspell
4) Banishment, Polymorph
5) Hold Monster, Animate Objects
6) Disintegrate
7) Reverse Gravity
8) Dominate Monster
9) Wish

EvilAnagram
2017-07-16, 06:42 PM
When considering sorcerer spell selection, there are three important aspects of your class to consider: Archetype, Metamagic, and Flexibility.

Archetype
What archetype you have matters. If you're Storm or Draconic, you'll want at least two elemental spells that are consistently useful and for which you have multiple slots to use. If you have Gold ancestry, you aren't using your abilities to the fullest if the only fire spells you have are Meteor Swarm and Burning Hands. And remember that both archetypes provide all the benefits of Fly sans concentration. If you're Wild, you'll want to take advantage of a wide array of save-or suck spells to take advantage of Bend Luck, and you'll probably want some attack cantrips for Tides of Chaos.

Metamagic
Metamagic decides how you're going to use your spells. If you want to be a blaster, Empower is definitely worth it. If you want to be a social manipulator, Subtle is necessary. A buffer? Twin. Disabler? Heighten. Anyone at all? Quicken. Your choice of Metamagic and your choice of spells are entirely interconnected.

Flexibility
You will have sixteen spell slots of levels 1-5, all of which can be replenished with Sorcery Points. You have 6 spell slots of levels 6-9, none of which can be replenished using Sorcery Points. Essentially 3/4 of your casting will be done using your spell slots of 1-5, so you should concentrate 3/4 of your spells in those slots. If you have more than 4 spells of levels 6-9, you have too many high level spells.

Another component of flexibility is that spells that are useful in a wide variety of circumstances should be prioritized over spells of limited use.

That in mind, this is what I would do for a Tiefling Wild Mage:

Note: By virtue of being Tiefling, Darkness and Hellish Rebuke are already in the bag.

Metamagic: Heighten, Quicken, Subtle, Twin

Shield
Mirror Image, Misty Step, Suggestion
Counterspell, Haste, Hypnotic Pattern, Lightning Bolt, Major Image
Banish, Dimension Door
Hold Monster
Sunbeam
Reverse Gravity
Power Word Stun
Meteor Swarm

A solid disabler and all-rounder, not to mention a Social god. Throw in a couble attack cantrips and it's golden.

I avoided Wish because I hate Wish.

TheUser
2017-07-16, 07:18 PM
Metamagic: Heighten, Quicken, Subtle, Twin

Misty Step

Dimension Door

If you have quicken spell having misty step and dimension door is kind of redundant.

EvilAnagram
2017-07-16, 07:54 PM
If you have quicken spell having misty step and dimension door is kind of redundant.
Ooh, good point! That frees up room for Banishment or Hypnotic Pattern, too.