PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need a simple to play cleric for a "cohort"

Malroth
2017-07-16, 07:18 PM
Turns out my evil housecat telepath used to be a pharoh of some lost civilization brought back by some unholy ritual, so when i go Thrallherd next level i want to have my own high priest spreading the glory of me to all the peasants. (you know every cat secretly dreams of this). But as I'm already playing the most mechanicaly complex character in the party i would like my two legged servant to be very direct and quick to run in battle, a blaster or something similarly direct and fast so i don't eat up even more time in combat than i already do.

Egyptian or Norse parthenons only, a cleric of Odin would really cause problems with another PC's backstory.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-07-16, 07:43 PM
A Favored Soul or Spontaneous Cleric seems like a good bet-- something that'll have a consistent set of spells is definitely a start. Or to go slightly farther afield, how 'bout a Marshal? A Marshal would be good at spreading the word, and would be a highly simple and passive character.

denthor
2017-07-16, 07:44 PM
LE Egyptian crocodile god forget name

CE Egyptian his set

There is also a cat goddess forget the name basset I think

Alistaroc
2017-07-16, 08:00 PM
Turns out my evil housecat telepath used to be a pharoh of some lost civilization brought back by some unholy ritual, so when i go Thrallherd next level i want to have my own high priest spreading the glory of me to all the peasants. (you know every cat secretly dreams of this). But as I'm already playing the most mechanicaly complex character in the party i would like my two legged servant to be very direct and quick to run in battle, a blaster or something similarly direct and fast so i don't eat up even more time in combat than i already do.

Egyptian or Norse parthenons only, a cleric of Odin would really cause problems with another PC's backstory.

LE Egyptian crocodile god forget name

CE Egyptian his set

There is also a cat goddess forget the name basset I think
Sobek, Set, and Bastet, all good choices
Many more can be found with a quick search, plenty of discourse on Osirion and their ports of Egyptian gods(Thoth is my personal favorite).

As for classes, a Wildblooded (Empyreal) Sorcerer could make a blasty pseudo-cleric, and (iirc) it's compatible with other archetypes like Tattooed Sorcerer (story of your glory written on their skin, a living tapestry commemorating your reign?), or False Priest, for an even more pseudo-cleric feel.

Particle_Man
2017-07-17, 01:38 AM
A bit out of the box, but if you are not actually a god currently granting spells to your clerics, why not just have a bard cohort that calls itself a priest? They can "spread the word" of your glory to the peasants just fine, and during combat can just stay at the back and buff the party with bardic performance.

Florian
2017-07-17, 01:43 AM
A simple to use cleric? Hm... Not entirely rules-legal (both archetypes touch on armor proficiency), but an Angefire Apostle / Blossoming Light cleric of Ra using the Sun domain and equipped for archery is easy to handle as a cohort.

Hackulator
2017-07-17, 01:51 AM
A Cleric of Bast (You're a cat, this is a no brainer) who just buffs and heals. Simple, direct, useful.