PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. George Romero

tomandtish
2017-07-16, 08:22 PM
Well, the person who is arguably the father of the modern day zombie craze passed away today (http://variety.com/2017/film/news/george-romero-dead-dies-night-of-the-living-dead-director-1202497068/) after a battle with cancer. This really sucks.

Rodin
2017-07-17, 12:36 AM
Well, the person who is arguably the father of the modern day zombie craze passed away today (http://variety.com/2017/film/news/george-romero-dead-dies-night-of-the-living-dead-director-1202497068/) after a battle with cancer. This really sucks.

I think you mean bites. Sucking would be vampires.

Very sad news, I've greatly enjoyed his work, especially Night of the Living Dead. Even beyond his own films, the sheer amount of quality entertainment that's come out of the zombie genre is staggering.

Rest in peace...or not, in his case.

Rater202
2017-07-17, 12:46 AM
It's a bit dark, but the first thought that came to my head when I learned was "this would be an ironic time for it to turn out that zombies are real."

JoshL
2017-07-17, 08:37 AM
As a horror fan who lives in Pittsburgh, this one hits hard. 77 is a pretty good run and I'm sorry that he didn't get to make more films. If you've never seen Martin, go see Martin right now!

The Monroeville Mall, where Dawn of the Dead was shot, still has a hallway with photos from the production, even though the mall has drastically changed since then. A year ago I got to open up for Claudio Simonetti, who had done the music for Dawn (with Goblin). He had never been to Pittsburgh, and the promoters made sure to take him to the mall. I'm chatting with him before the show, trying to contain my fanboy glee, and he's talking about the trip to the mall...also trying to contain his fanboy glee!

RIP George. Sorry everyone called them zombies, we knew you wanted them to be referred to as ghouls. Also sorry your Resident Evil movie got scrapped in favor of one that didn't really have much to do with the games.