PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Jungle, we've got gun and flames!

ImNotTrevor
2017-07-16, 10:15 PM
It's hot. It's dam near always hot at Steelbird Landing. The paint-stripped chrome of the two birds is sometimes even good for cooking, if the sun's right.

On days like this, when the heat seeps into the shade so there's nowhere to hide, and the blood gets to boiling... bad things are going to happen.

Largo, you're already having a bad day. Some Bloodborne A-hole is seizing on the ground, great gulps of crimson juice flowing from his neck while Emerald and Gams are trying to get the hot rouge off of them with anything towel-like they can get their hands on. Doc Di, you're there, too. But for whatever reason, you're not currently doing anything.

So, Largo, what in the hell happened here?
And Doc, what's keeping you in your seat?

But that ain't the only business going down at the Landing today, oh no. Far from it.

Truth Jackal, I'm just gonna call ya Truth, you've got one of your boys in front of you. Goes by the name Femur. Real wiry guy, has a sort-of beard and no real hair on top. He's got a bag full of knuckle bones that he dumps into a bowl. It used to be a Wok in some famous chinese restaurant, but you don't know that. He's muttering something about omens, and he keeps mentioning Akasha. Something about a Baron? It's hard to tell. Femur has definitely snorted something. But he's rarely wrong. In fact, Akasha just stepped into your place holding a decapitated head by its hair.

Truth, Who's head is that, and why is its presence especially alarming?
Akasha, how did you acquire this head, and why the hell did you bring it to Truth, of all people?

Zimmy, you've got more important crap to worry about right now than decapitated heads.
You're maybe 4 klicks deep in the trees right now, and you're crouched in an abandoned RV. Why? Jaguares, that's why. All dressed in their armor and feathers and cat-skull helmets, there's easily 5 of them out there right now. They must have heard you throwing slugs with those ferals a klick back and come sniffing. As you crouch under this moss-covered card table next to a skeleton wearing a faded hawaiian shirt, you hear the distinctive low, bubbling growl of one of their pets. The same big yellow cat they take their name from. You're already bleeding from those ferals, and you know that thing can smell it, even without being coated in a sheen of sweat and dirt. In fact, someone is opening the door to the camper right now. And somehow, all of this is Largo and Taggart's fault.

Zimmy, what are you doing out here, and how does it relate to Largo and Taggart?
Oh, and what do you do to not die?

Good luck!

Volthawk
2017-07-20, 02:16 PM
Doc Di

There's a very simple reason why I'm not in there already - sleep. I was just having a nice nap in the corner after a few hours poking around inside someone, and then this. The hell's going on?

Now I'm actually able to have a look at the guy, I see that it didn't matter that I missed it. ******* tried to start trouble in the infirmary a few days ago, wanting a load of my supplies when he didn't need them, went aggressive when I refused. I heard from some of the others he was causing trouble elsewhere too.

I warned him that doing that would cost him my help, but he didn't listen and here we are. The usual mercy my principles allow people has already gone with him - he got that when we kicked him out rather than just shooting him, and unconditional help went away from the list of doctoring principles right about when Dad's head got exploded. He can get help somewhere else - not that it'd do much good, with that injury. Guy needs a miracle...part of me, well a lot of me, wants to help, but if I do every scumbag's gonna take liberties.

Mekboy
2017-07-20, 05:23 PM
Zimmy

Growling to herself, Zimmy fumbled her machete out of its sheath. This was a stupid f*cking plan. According to Largo, the stragglers from some trade caravan turned up in town recently. Their caravan got hit, and then Taggart went and put the idea in her head that it might be possible to grab some jangle before it got stripped bare. Didn't mention it was the Jaguares. Cat-f*cking bastards were a vicious bunch. And their hunting cats were damn impossible to sneak past. Sh*t was gonna fly when she got back.

The camper door opened. Zimmy vaulted over the table and threw herself at the unfortunate trespasser, screaming a warcry at the top of her lungs.

ImNotTrevor
2017-07-20, 07:44 PM
Zimmy

Growling to herself, Zimmy fumbled her machete out of its sheath. This was a stupid f*cking plan. According to Largo, the stragglers from some trade caravan turned up in town recently. Their caravan got hit, and then Taggart went and put the idea in her head that it might be possible to grab some jangle before it got stripped bare. Didn't mention it was the Jaguares. Cat-f*cking bastards were a vicious bunch. And their hunting cats were damn impossible to sneak past. Sh*t was gonna fly when she got back.

The camper door opened. Zimmy vaulted over the table and threw herself at the unfortunate trespasser, screaming a warcry at the top of her lungs.

Sounds like you're entering Single Combat.
The Jaguar in front of you is dressed as they usually are, like a filthy child playing dressup as an aztec warrior of the same name. This particular warrior is wearing a bicycle helmet arrayed with feathers, with two long wooden fangs attached near the front than hang down to his cheekbones. As you start screaming, the guy draws his Razorpaddle and swings it at you. It's essentially a baseball bat cut vertically in half down to the handle, then wired and glued back together with the gap filled in with rusty razors, nails, screws, sharp rocks, and other cruel implements.

Go ahead and roll +Hard. This guy clearly doesn't feel like dying today, and the blood around his mouth suggests he's got plans for your meat.

n0ble
2017-07-21, 11:23 AM
Femur? Yeah he's a weird fúck, always casting about the bones and whatnots. Aint never said nothing about the Battlebítch before tho. I take in his rambling and offer him some finger food before trying to get the wierdo to settle the fúck down about the bones and what he's saying, but he isn't stopping. He starts sloshing the bones around and theres enough rattle to them to make the voices go crazy along with his prophecy. Keeps mentioning something about head.

Suddenly Akasha in the door of my crib and she's carrying Dipper's head. She was a good girl Dipper, almost had all of her fingers and toes. If I'm being honest she looked like our next pledge or feast. She was good lookin by my estimation. Good enough to eat. "Hey-aye-aye baby! Y'know when the voices were telling me I was gonna get head... that aint exactly what I had in mind but mamma didn't raise no food wasting fool! Bring it on over and we can all share!" I wave at her to come on over

thenewflesh
2017-07-22, 01:57 PM
Akasha strides in holding Dipper's still-bleeding head by the hair, slams the butt of her staff on the ground, and throws the head splash into Femur's meal.

"That's what you get when you and Femur crash into my bedroom and threaten to roast my arms." Akasha says to Truth, totally ignoring Femur. "I cut off your f*cking head. I'm a merciful woman, though, Truth. Femur gets to keep his, not that it's much use to him anyway. All I ask for is his right hand and I walk away like nothing happened."

n0ble
2017-07-25, 10:03 AM
I plucked the head outta Femur's bowl, made to shake some gore from it then thought better of it. No sense lettin all that juicy-juice go to wast after all. "Y'know Feem...she does make a good point." I paused for a sec to turn my peepers on Feemur then Dipper's pretty head. Never thought it'd so so empty. Girl never struck moi as one for lightheadedness. "Arms really do taste better roasted. That and you should probably give Miss May-ham over there your hand. Don't let todays celebrations be you. " I turned to her and let my molten eyes walk all over her body while letting my head stoop to the side. "I get to keep the fingers right?" Everyone knew the fingers were the best part "And does it have to be any hand in particular? He's real good with his right aheheheh."

ImNotTrevor
2017-07-25, 09:14 PM
ZIMMY
This Jaguar is a decent fighter, but he's not in your league. He manages to wedge that rusty mass of edges and points into a gap in your armor, leaving a nasty gash that severs some of the tendons in your armpit. Your arm is mobile, but you're definitely worse for wear.

Tell us how you murder this wretch.

No matter how that happens, though, you hear the low bubbling growl of a hunting cat and the distinct mechanical noise of assault rifles being raised. They know where you are now. What do you do?

AKASHA AND TRUTH

Femur just stares at you, Akasha. He's fixated, like he's staring at his muse and his muse is death herself, grinning with pointed teeth and a knife across his neck. He is terrified, and in love. So, for you, nothing out of the ordinary.

Femur sure as hell won't stop you, and it looks like Truth isn't going to, either.

What will you do now?

Truth, what part does Femur play in the Augury you perform with your cult? Are you totally sure you want him to lose a hand?

Mekboy
2017-07-26, 08:00 PM
Hissing through clenched teeth, Zimmy let her momentum carry her, bowling the Jaguar to the floor with the machete embedded in him. But Zimmy was on top of him now, slamming his skull repeatedly into the floor before he could react. His helmet kept him intact, but he was stunned. Zimmy ripped the heavy blade out of him with a spurt of blood, then slammed it home into his face.

Her heart was pounding now. Her face and body were soaked with the unfortunate Jaguar's ichor. Zimmy grinned wide and a crazed laugh bubbled out as she pulled the rifle from her shoulder. Let them come.

ImNotTrevor
2017-07-27, 10:15 AM
Doc Di
This guy is leaking fluid all over the floor. Turns out he'd been harassing one of the dancers and she decided enough was enough and stuck him with a pair of scissors right in the jugular.

As you're watching, a pair of Truth Jackal's cult, two of those bloodborn psychos, dam near kick down the door.

The first one to see the one on the floor starts screaming, "TUCO! TUCO!" He's trying to stop the bleeding, but you can tell from the weakening stream that he's way too late to help. The other one you recognize. You treated him for malaria like 2 months ago. His name is Slab, a name he has earned and then some. This guy is easily 6'7", and twice as wide as you. Probably the least savage of the bloodborn, strangely enough. Slab looks right at you with a look of visible confusion, clearly not understanding why you didn't help.

The first guy, covered in blood, stands up and draws his gun. "WHICH ONE OF YOU CHUCKLEF**KS KILLED TUCO?"

What do you do?

thenewflesh
2017-07-27, 04:59 PM
A flicker of a smile plays across Akasha's face. Without responding to Truth she walks over to Femur, still gazing deep into his terrified soul, grabs his right hand like she's shaking it, and then twists it, hard; the sickening sound of bones cracking is plainly audible.

This looks like a seize by force, and I'm seizing his right hand? [roll0] If this indeed what I should have rolled, the options I pick are I take one less harm, and I take definite and undeniable control of it (his hand).

I'm still waiting for a response to my OOC question. Can I, at chargen, have swapped out one barter for a regular 1-harm bone knife to use for this kind of thing?

ImNotTrevor
2017-07-28, 12:25 PM
A flicker of a smile plays across Akasha's face. Without responding to Truth she walks over to Femur, still gazing deep into his terrified soul, grabs his right hand like she's shaking it, and then twists it, hard; the sickening sound of bones cracking is plainly audible.

This looks like a seize by force, and I'm seizing his right hand? [roll0] If this indeed what I should have rolled, the options I pick are I take one less harm, and I take definite and undeniable control of it (his hand).

I'm still waiting for a response to my OOC question. Can I, at chargen, have swapped out one barter for a regular 1-harm bone knife to use for this kind of thing?

I guess I had only answered your bone knife question in my head, but really vividly. Sorry about that. But yes, you can have that.

Femur isn't going to stop you, so unless Truth does something you're getting that hand with no effort.

thenewflesh
2017-07-28, 01:40 PM
Femur looks like he's about to scream but he never does; another wrench and Akasha's holding a bleeding human hand, torn off from its moorings. She flashes a quick smile, turns to Truth. "Thank you." she says, and leaves.

n0ble
2017-08-01, 10:19 AM
"Huh. Well shít Femur, whattarewe gonna do now? Reckon Double D could fix you up, but lets go wake the rest of your brothers and sisters first eh?" "Boss... boss I think I'm dyin here..." "Oh? well don't bleed into the rune bowl you idiot, go die outside or something."

And then it hits me. Battlebitch took Femur's fingers. My fingers. I stomp outside, none too pleased with her. "HEY BÍTCH. THOSE ARE MY FÚCKIN FINGERS!! GIVE EM BACK OR DIPPER WONT BE THE ONLY ONE TO LOSE HER ARMS." Seems like my hollerins a-done something else too, judging by the squeals and moans coming from the crates we call home. The Bloodborn have woken up.

Going aggro, Truth wants his fingers! this would be thenewflesh's choice, yes?

Roll: [roll0]

Edit: Ulp. Well... this outta be interesting :smallbiggrin:

Volthawk
2017-08-02, 08:24 AM
I let out a sigh as the situation continues to go down the drain. The shotgun comes out from under the coat onto my lap - not aimed at anyone, mind, just there and in hand as a reminder to the angry one that he's not the only armed person here. For now, he can keep on raging, surely he won't be dumb enough to start trouble in here between myself, the bouncer and whoever else in here that's armed.

As for Slab, I suppose he deserves an explanation. If nothing else, to reassure him that I haven't stopped doctoring Bloodborn as a whole. "Hse tried to rob me a few days back. I could've shot him then, but I went the merciful route and instead just told him he wouldn't get any doctoring from me from then on. I was expecting a little more time until someone else did him in though. Risk you take living like him. Don't worry, if you don't start **** with me I'll still doctor the rest of you."