PDA

View Full Version : Evil Ascending (IC)

El'the Ellie
2017-07-17, 01:29 AM
The world is on fire.

War, murder, and fear run through the four contents like widlfire. And at the center of the inferno lie the Harbingers: four creatures of intense power and unspeakable evil. Abandoned by the gods and circumstance, they channeled their hatred outwards, inciting riot and anger in those around them. The Harbingers lit the world ablaze just to watch it burn.

There was Rakan, the Shadow Caller. It was said that the illusions he weaved were stronger than reality itself. No image was too horrific for his twisted mind to turn into reality. He pulled at the strings of nothingness and turned the world around him into a simulacrum of his mind.

There was Drak, the Never Chosen. It was a cruel irony that the the man rejected time and time again for his strength in arms would come to be one of the most devastating warriors to grace any battlefield. It is said that he would carve through lesser men an women like a scythe through wheat, and that their corpses pointed like grim signs to his latest devastation.

There was Sophia, the Broodmother. Of the Four Harbingers she is the only one that was well and truly insane. It is said that she peeled back the layers of reality in her search for greater power, and in doing so lost all sense of reason. But the creatures she pulled out of space and time... the things she set loose upon the world, was an army Sunthura had never seen.

And there was Illu, the Extinguisher. The curse of vampirism took everything he loved and left him with nothing but an unquenchable hatred for anything with blood in its veins. He was cold, calculating, and cared only to blanket the world in the most death possible. His armies of undeath multiplied across Sunthura, and it was said remnants of his hatred are why the dead in Sunthura will occasionally return to unlife.

The Four Harbingers were unstoppable. Armies of good and life rose up from around the world to bring them down, and though they staved off the Harbinger's forces for a time, one by one they were snuffed out, sometimes by the Four themselves.

It was the angel Auriliel that brought the madness to an end, acting on behalf of Pelor though many gods lent their strength to Auriliel. The simple answer of death was not sufficient for the Harbingers, Auriliel though. She feared their spirits may be too strong to truly die, and so she imprisoned them. From the many planes she formed a great mountain of rock and stone, fire and ice, shadows and light. She let it fall from the heavens on the Harbingers and though it could not kill them, they would be trapped and separated within its mystic walls. To this day Mount Otius stands proud in Yamirkskol, though the world has forgotten the evil it contains. As the years went by, Sunthura began to heal. But the scars the Harbingers left were too great for people to ever have the confidence they once did: they were shaken, broken. So with the last of the power the gods gave her, Auriliel let the atrocities of the past years slip from their minds. Agents of the gods hunted down any records of the event, and the world quietly forgot.

But they did not destroy all records. And no prison can last forever.

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/ellinnen/images/1/18/Great_Nyrn.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160327204154

These events were a few centuries ago, although to Drak and Rakan it's impossible to tell exactly how long you were imprisoned for.
I'll let you decide if your characters lost power after being imprisoned or not.

@Drak: Your prison is one of stone. For untold years you have born the weight of Mount Otius on your back, aching with the pressure, cold, and pain. After years you managed to claw away at the stones around you, grinding them to dust in your hands and allowing you the simple pleasure of sitting, and eventually standing. But the stone around you proved harder, and any attempt to break through it was met with no success and the sting of defeat. In this tomb of dark isolation, no one could hear your struggle.

You pace in the darkness and dust from the rocks you destroyed, as you have paced so many times before. Your body aches for any mortal comforts, but of course there are none to be had down here.

Drak.

You hear your own name, echoing in your head. This was new, but was it just a figment of your imagination.

Drak.

The voice again. Could it be that you are finally going mad after all these years? That this is what insanity feels like?

Drak.

This time it is loud, purposeful, and powerful. So much so that it turns you, literally. As if someone had grabbed your chin and pulled, you spin around and face the wall of your tomb. And for the first time you can see the wall. A thin sliver of... something is on the wall. It takes you a moment to realize it is sunlight, filtering through a crack. Was that always there? It couldn't be, surely you would have seen it.

It's not much. Just a sliver. A hair line of silver light. But you see hand holds. You see opportunity.

Strength check to burst through, or deal damage to break through more slowly.

Afterwards, Fortitude Save.

@Rakan: Your prison is one of shadows and darkness. Auriliel was clever, that b**ch. There isn't much in this world that you could not unravel, in time, but this shifting weave of shadows itself was proving to be your undoing. The feeling was similar to being underwater: nowhere to grab, only able to breath in half-breaths. Every movement was labored and weak, and your spells were similarly stifled. Even your most potent magic could reach only a foot in front of you, and lasted only a moment. Perhaps worse, you know you haven't moved from a three-foot circle in untold years: with every step you take, you can feel a powerful magic slide your foot back to where it started. You could see other places in the dark blue half-light: the walls of the cave you are in, a small pool just out of reach. And, tantalizingly, the narrow exit to the cave. But as hard as you try you cannot push your body any more than a step, and magical attempts lack the power to do... anything.

Rakan.

From the first sound you know something is different: you can hear the voice in your head, yes, but also bouncing around the chambers of the cave.

Rakan.

The voice pulls you, physically, perhaps an inch. What kind of magic is this?

Rakan.

With the third call, you feel a violent shove, that propels you a few feet forward. You take a shaky step forward... and feel your foot firmly planted on the ground, staying where you placed it. What was this? Who was this? Could it be a cruel trick from Auriliel? At least for the time being you had to believe that no: this was the first step towards freedom.

Make a wisdom check, as there is still a mental barrier to leaving the cave.

Afterwards, Fortitude Save.

Tjallen
2017-07-17, 04:22 AM
Seeing the crack in his prison Drak grins as he moves over to the crack. Centering himself he brings Fleshrender down on the wall repeatedly.

Using Diamond Nightmare Blade with full power attack for [roll0]x4 with an adamantine guisarme, using guided strike to overcome damage reduction if it turns out it's a golem instead of a wall.
If that is not enough following up with Time Stands Still for an additional 8 hits: [roll1] next round.

Fortitude save [roll2]

Chimaera
2017-07-17, 01:34 PM
Rakan was left into the shadows for a long time, forever trapped into that prison. Time alone gave him perspective of his failures and distance to reflect on how thigs went wrong. And madness as well.

Once he hears his name, the gnome look around and feel the shove forcing him to take a step into the ground. Oh... How he missed feeling the ground, he take a deep breath for once feeling the power of stone invigorating him as he begin to force his conscience through the remaining bars of his magical prison.

Wis check [roll0]
Fortitude save [roll1]

El'the Ellie
2017-07-17, 03:29 PM
@Drak: You bring Fleshrender down on the crack with a precise fury. There is a loud, reverberating snap at the stone splinters off beneath the blade. Gradually the crack widens from a sliver of sunlight to a hole you can fit your arm through, eventually to a complete opening. You stare down a tunnel, towards the sunlight beyond.

Freedom.

You take a step and immediately feel ages of fatigue weigh upon you. It's been centuries since you have properly slept, and at least as long since you've eaten. Whatever magic kept you buried also kept you alive without those things, but you can feel now that that magic is gone.

Drak.

The voice again. In your tomb it had been a command, strong enough to move you and to crack the walls of the cave. You can still feel it mentally pull you towards something, as if leading you. But out here, with your strength returning, it is only a suggestion. You could follow it and see who or what freed you, or you blaze your own trail in this new world.

As you stand at the opening you created, you see a dwarf at the sunny end of the tunnel with a pick-axe in hand, squinting down at you. He wears coal-smudged overalls and tan shirt.

"H-hello? By the gods is someone down there?"

You are fatigued until you rest. Since this is a divine origin, it overcomes normal immunity.

@Rakan: You feel the sweet stone beneath you: a rejuvenating feeling by itself. But freedom does not come that simply: the exit of the cave seems to swim in your vision before you. The path seems to multiply: one, two, four, eight tunnels you could take. The effect is nauseating. Added onto to that is a sudden wave of exhaustion that comes over you: for centuries the imprisoning magic allowed you to survive without food, water, or sleep, but now you can feel that holy magic no longer sustaining you. And it has been far too long since you have had any of those things.

Rakan.

You hear the voice again, more of a guide now than a force. The sound of it makes your vision snap to attention, bringing the cavern into better focus.

Retry the wisdom check with a +2 bonus. Each time you fail the voice will give you a further +2.

Additionally, you are Fatigued. Since it is a divine effect it bypasses normal immunity.

Chimaera
2017-07-17, 03:54 PM
With his vision pulling tricks on him, Rakan close his eyes, hoping it helps but for no good, as his mind spin like he was diving in a whirlpool of shadows.

Gritting his teeth, he try once again to break free: this divine cage wont hold him anymore!

Wis check [roll0]

Tjallen
2017-07-17, 10:48 PM
Deciding that the dwarf had earned the right to answer questions before dying, Drak starts walking towards the dwarf, sheathing Flehsrender on his back.
"You, dwarf, you have disturbed me so you get to answer my questions about this place."
As he talks he seizes up the insignificant creature in front of him, already having relegated him to beneath him, however being without information could lead to problems.

Sense motive check to assess the dwarfs strength: [roll0]
Diplomacy to pump him for information [roll1]

El'the Ellie
2017-07-17, 11:23 PM
@Rakan: You will not be bested by this place! Not when you are so close!

You try again with your vision swimming, but this time the world seems to straighten out. With great mental effort, you push past the barrier in your mind, and the way down the cavern becomes clear. With it, you feel the intense rush of arcane energy come back to you! You are truly free!

At the end of the tunnel is open sky: the opening drops off into a sheer cliff of this mountain. The world is yours now, the only question is what to do first.

Rakan. The voice again. It's a suggestion now, but it draws your attention to a place just at the foot of the mountain. In fact, you think you can see it from the edge of the cave. Whoever or whatever helped free you is still calling you.

@Drak: The dwarf takes a hesitant step back as you approach. He raises his hands to show he is no threat.

"Look Mister, I don't want no trouble. I just heard some cave-in down here an' I thought someone might be in trouble so I came to investigate. But you look fine so I'm just g-going to go now, if I can..."

He walks slowly backwards, trying to get out of your arms reach. You size up the creature: other dwarves might call this one strong. His arms and legs are clearly toned from backbreaking mining work. His mental strength? Not so much. He is clearly not used to seeing warriors, let alone a creature like yourself. From the way he holds that pick, you guess he is nothing more than a working man. He wears a ring on his finger, which strikes you as opulent for someone in his line of work. Perhaps he's married?

He's a commoner, so we can feel free to skip things like grapple checks and so on if you decide to.

Chimaera
2017-07-17, 11:39 PM
"I'M FREE! MUAHAHAH!", the gnome let out as he takes a deep breath, "Oh, how I hate this world's aroma".

He begins to walk outside the cave and for once he feel exhausted, how long have he been trapped inside that cave? And who called for him? And what about this hunger he feels? Rakan try to remember when was the last time he ate and just couldnt.

As he approaches the entrance he cast a simple glammer on himself and take his time to get used by the bright light.
"How I hate this sun", he complains as he finally get out of the cave.

Reflective Disguise (last 160 mins)
Also, the voice was masculine or feminine?

Tjallen
2017-07-18, 01:07 AM
Does the simpleton think he is going to survive?
Drak thinks amused to himself, before simple walking up to the dwarf and picks him up by the neck. As his claws painfully dig into the dwarves skin he unfurls his wings threateningly before speaking. His voice dripping with well practiced malice:
"It seems I was not clear enough, you will answer my questions or you and every dwarf from whatever pitiful village you are from will suffer a fate that makes even Illu feel like it's enough. What year is it, does any of the other Harbingers still walk the land and most importantly: Are you alone and if not, where are your companions."

El'the Ellie
2017-07-18, 10:06 AM
@Drak: The dwarf struggles in your hands and tries unsuccessfully to pull your grip free as you raise him two feet off the ground. He winces as blood runs down his neck, clearly terrified.

"I- It's 1721. I, ack. I don't know... what a Harbinger is... Or Illu. Please sir. There are others mining here, but they dinn't do nothing." His words are strained as he chokes them out.

1721? That can't be right, can it? The last date you remember is the winter of 1089.

@Rakan: You stand on the edge of the mountain, relishing your freedom for a moment before remembering how much you hate the way the world smells, the way the sun feels on your skin. At least in the cave it was cool and dark.

Beneath you, the mountain drops off into a cliff several hundred feet tall. Below that, a forest sprouts to your left and stretches for miles on. To your right is a grasslands, and farther beyond you think you see scattered settlements. The voice pulls you gently towards that grassland and if you strain your eyes, you can just see a speck of something on the grass, apparently isolated from everything else. The details are too fine to make out from this range, however.

It can be hard to tell with disembodied voices, especially ones that you don't recognize, but this one sounds feminine.

Chimaera
2017-07-18, 12:43 PM
Rakan look all around and into the speck in the grass. Who could possibly be calling him? That voice did helped him out of his prison.

He begin to cast his routine spells, but wihtout the Never Chosen by his side, he save the second casting of Mind Blank.

Overland Flight, Mind Blak and Greater Anticipate Teleportation

He then fly towards were he believe the voice come from, enjoying the view of the land below: maybe there are some good warrior in those settlements he can turn into his new bodyguard or maybe a beast in the forest to become his skeletal pet.

Tjallen
2017-07-18, 03:59 PM
"So many years wasted... Nevertheless you will lead me to them and we will discuss the conditions of your survival as a group." Drak drops he dwarf to the ground. "And while we walk there you will tell me of this place, what you are mining for and what is happening around Yamirkskol."

El'the Ellie
2017-07-18, 04:56 PM
@Rakan: You soar out of the side of the mountain, fresh air pulling you hair back, and head towards the speck.

Rakan. The voice affirms that you're headed in the right direction.

As you draw closer, you can see who it is that freed you: A figure sits cross-legged in the grass, clad in hooded green robes that look extremely well made, with a silvery filigree on the trim. She (because you can see it is a she by the way the clothes fall, and long brown hair that hangs down) sits with her palms at chest height, facing upwards. Besides that, her robes cover any other visual details that would reveal more information about her. In front of her, face up in the grass, is a Pelorite. Or rather, the remains of one. He was a young man, maybe about eighteen or twenty, with short black hair and a face still pimpled slightly from puberty. He wears traditional Pelorite garb which you immediately recognize from the Harbinger's reign so many years ago, although it has some minor changes that you might expect over time. The boy must have been a cleric: his shield lies cracked in half, the two pieces a few feet from his body, and his mace has rolled a bit further, down a small hill. What is most striking though, is his chest. The Pelorite's chest cavity has been ripped as if someone had grabbed it with both hands and pulled. A few rib bones stick up from the body like tiny flags, while others are scattered a few inches away. The internal organs, at least the ones you can see, are ripped to shreds. All except for one: the Pelorite's heart is still in tact and surprisingly still beating. It floats a few inches above the corpse, tethered down by the blood vessels it is attached to. Some kind of red energy flows out of the heart in two spiraling arcs, each one ending in the palm of the woman.

@Drak: The dwarf lands on his hands and knees, coughing violently. He stays down there for a while and curls his stubby fingers into fists.

Without looking up, he speaks. "I'll answer yer questions. I'll tell you what you wanna know because I value my life. But I ain't bringin' you back to my clan if you're jus gonna kill us. I cannae do that to my friends."

Chimaera
2017-07-18, 05:09 PM
Rakan watch the scene below him with curiosity and slowly land in to grass.
Flying is great and you feel free, but some reasons rakan hated it: he liked to feel the ground below his feet and so he walk to the woman and the dead pelorite.

"Lunching?", he ask and find his voice weird in his ears for the long time not using it. He look at her and stay quiet for a few moments before speaking up and when he opens his mouth to speak, he give up and just cross his arms and look at the her. She called him, so maybe she should be the one speaking.

El'the Ellie
2017-07-18, 09:49 PM
@Rakan: The woman keeps her head down in focus.

"Not quite. Although I wouldn't expect you to--" She gasps as she looks up at you.

"Wait who are... It's you! It actually worked! I didn't think it would but, well, here you are! That's an illusion, I presume? All of the texts mentioned the illusionist, err you, were of gnomish descent." She has a look of equal parts shock, fear, and excitement.

This woman is not a race you are extremely familiar with: this creature looks much like a cat-folk, a cross between human and feline. She certainly shares many of the features: a tail, long clawed fingers, a larger pair of ears atop her head. Her ears and tail are covered in a long tan hair, and although its hard to place her age she looks young: probably early adulthood for whatever race she is. There is something more sinister to her as well, something of deeply evil nature that is hard to place exactly. Maybe it's the fierce glare in her eyes, or the point of her teeth.

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/159/719/large/sara-naji-piapo.jpg?1443931930

Knowledge: The Planes to ID

"I can't believe it. A Harbinger, here, right in front of me. The texts didn't mention a name, I don't know what to call you... Is the other one with you? The warrior? I felt his presence be freed as well. Are you hungry? I don't know if you've eaten in the past six centuries, but I figured not, and I brought... On second thought, maybe that's ridiculous."

Her words come out in a rush, leaving you little space to actually respond. Her excitement and nerves are palpable, almost infectious.

El'the Ellie
2017-07-18, 10:08 PM
@Rakan: You recognize this creature, but only by what you have read. This is a Rakshasa. Cat-like, evil creatures that are inherently skilled in arcane magic, subterfuge, and manipulation. For any normal person, meeting a Rakshasa would spell almost certain doom.

Chimaera
2017-07-18, 10:27 PM
"I dont know how to call you too, so we are even", he says and sit on the grass, "You can call me Rakan and I'll call you Sasha, raksasha. And you said six centuries have past? They stole my victory and so much time out of me".

"And you said the warrior was freed as well? Might have him join us. What you brought for me to eat? There was no food service in that prison nor the need to eat, but right now I would eat a heart if offered".

He then begin to focus his mind towards Drak the Never Chosen, but never stop looking at the cat woman in front of him, "I'll summon him here. It might take a while, so... enlighten me. Why did you freed a Harbringer? That seems to be unwise or suicidal. Expect me to grant you three wishes, Sasha?"

He take magical haversack and say a few magical words, linking it to all other Drak's mind.

You alter a magic gate or portal so it sends out a mental beacon for up to six creatures, including yourself if you choose. These individuals must be known to you but need not be present at the time of casting. Once you cast portal beacon, these creatures know the direction and distance to the targeted portal for the spell's duration.
Moving to a plane other than the two connected by the portal ends the spell for that creature but leaves it intact for others. You can have any number of portal beacons tuned to you without impairing other abilities or actions.

He grabs some shadow from below him, and whisper to them before blowing them away.

Burning a 5th level Heightened Silent Image to mimcic Sending.
WIll save DC 26 to disbelief (if it applies, it's 70% real)

"Follow the beacon back to me, my friend. I'll wait you one week at most, so hurry up".

El'the Ellie
2017-07-18, 11:54 PM
@Rakan: The rakshasa bows slightly to you. All in all not normal behavior from one of their race.

"You can call me Tashtaku, if it please you Harbinger. And yes, six hundred years, I'm sorry to say. Oh, right, of course."

She pulls several bundles from the bag, which clearly must be a magically spacious one, and starts opening them. This creature came prepared: who knows where she got it, but the food is fresh, fragrant and extremely tempting given your current state. A loaf of bread steaming as if it had just come out of the oven, a beef round cooked in some kind of spices, and an array of fixings: cheese, butter, a handful of fruits from far away places. A meal fit for a king, certainly.

She raises an eyebrow at your comment about eating the heart, not entirely sure if you're joking or not but not going to stop you if you want it.
"I was expecting four, so please, have your fill." She gestures to her bag, implying there might be more.

"Why did I free you? No, nothing like that. I suppose part of it is I wanted to see if the stories were true. And if they were, I wanted to align myself with someone of that power. To help you achieve what you want to with your freedom. It's been six hundred years, the world has changed. A lot. I want to be the person to guide you back to greatness."

Chimaera
2017-07-19, 12:07 AM
Rakan sniff the food and is more than quick to cast a simple divination revealing poisons of any nature.

Cant be sure!

"But you know I can grant you wishes, right?", he says allowing him to eat the food if no poison shows up, "What do you want? Help me get back to power, conquer the world and be on my good side? Cause if that's it then it's kinda...", he bite an apple, "Naive. And your kind isnt one known for being naive nor benevolent. So ask away: what you really want, Tashtaku?".

Tjallen
2017-07-19, 05:31 AM
Upon receiving the sending from Rakan, Drak immediately fortifies his mind before relaxing upon hearing the familiar voice. I'm on my way though still inside this damn mountain, how long have you been free? Are the others with you?
Without waiting for a reply he points in the direction of the signal:
"We are going in that direction, show me the way there and I won't kill you, I might even forget your transgression of not using my proper title."

El'the Ellie
2017-07-19, 11:49 AM
@Rakan: You cast a quick spell to detect any poisons in the food before you, just in case. There are none to be found, however.

Tashtaku pauses for a moment to answer your question. "Perhaps. I knew I was rolling the dice with this pursuit and like you said, it could easily have been suicidal." She shrugs. "It might still be. What I said wasn't a lie: if half of the stories are to be believed, I wanted to see your power for myself and to let that power return to Sunthura. But you're right, my reasons for this are not altruistic. I did not want to lead off with that because it felt... manipulative. Which in general I would have no problem with, but I was fairly sure you might have just killed me instead and gone on your merry way. No, if you decide to work with me I want it to be of your own will, not out of some sense of... debt.

What I want. A lot of things Rakan. But it might be easier to say what I need. Right now I need something someone has, and he made it clear he's not going to give it up as long as he is alive. A Pelorite: I figured you might be able to sympathize, somewhat. So I suppose the question is: are you interested in a hunt?"

@Drak: The dwarf looks up at you, then nods. He wordlessly stands, and starts leading you down the tunnel. It reaches a T, and he turns left towards the sunlight. On the right, you can hear the sounds of heavy labor: metal picks on stone, it sounds like. The stone floor here has a cart track that leads down towards the noise, and what looks like a small camp. The dwarf goes the other way, eventually following another intersection in the tunnel to the right. Eventually the tunnel opens out into the fresh air. A few hundred feet in front of you, a forest begins and stretches back as far as you can see. To the right is an open grassland, and it is there that Rakan's spell pulls your attention.

"Well, I did as you asked. Now let me go."

Tjallen
2017-07-19, 01:26 PM
Drak let's out a short laugh: "Hah, no. Also you forgot the 'My Lord' again, come along now else I might regret leaving your friends alone." He then starts walking towards Rakan's beacon.

Chimaera
2017-07-19, 04:09 PM
"This pelorite must be really powerful if you seek the help of two Harbringers to deal with him", Rakan says still eating from the feast, "At least, powerful enough to justify breaking the deific seal on us, so whatever he holds must be very precious to you... Or powerful", he speaks before asking, "And out of curiosity: how you overcame the seal, by the way?"

He think for a moment on her words while playing with his shadow. He smile and begin to laugh.
"Ah, I'm sorry", he apologizes and drink some water, "It's just that you sound like you want to be friends. You say you dont want us to help you out of debt, so what you have to offer me that I can t just seize from you? The thrill of the hunt? Slaying a damn pelorite? Do you think I am this easy to manipulate?", he then mimics her voice with Ghost Sound, "He hates the sun priests! Maybe I can convince him to kill this one first and give me what I want! And he wont kill me outright because the magic of... FRIENDSHIP", as he says the last word it appears in the air.

Ghost Sound and 1st level Silent Image

"Please, don't tell me you're THAT naive", he scratch his chin wondering how much would it take to kill her and pondering if his fatigue would be in the way, "Just make your wish, ok? Dont try to play games or I'll just leave you here and go wreak havoc somewhere else: six hundread years make you have a short patience for the little things".

El'the Ellie
2017-07-21, 09:07 AM
Hi folks, sorry for the delay! I had/have a lot going on this week.

@Drak: The dwarf looks up at you, stunned. "Wh... what? Why?" He gives a frightened look back towards his coworkers, then shakes his head and follows you.

"Can you at least tell me what you want from me? What I need to do before you'll leave me alone?" With a heavily sarcastic grumble he adds, "My Lord."

Your walk through the field isn't a long one, perhaps fifteen minutes over a pair of hills, until you see the place Rakan's beacon is drawing you. It's a bit of a picturesque landscape, actually. A light breeze blows through the hills, rustling some of the taller grass and dandelions. Tiny creatures scurry out of the way of you and the dwarf: a pair of rabbits, a family of prairie dogs, and a small grass snake.

As you reach the top of the hill, you see

A figure sitting cross-legged in the grass, clad in hooded green robes that look extremely well made, with a silvery filigree on the trim. She (because you can see it is a she by the way the clothes fall, and long brown hair that hangs down) sits with her palms at chest height, facing upwards. This woman is not a race you are extremely familiar with: this creature looks much like a cat-folk, a cross between human and feline. She certainly shares many of the features: a tail, long clawed fingers, a larger pair of ears atop her head. Her ears and tail are covered in a long tan hair, and although its hard to place her age she looks young: probably early adulthood for whatever race she is. There is something more sinister to her as well, something of deeply evil nature that is hard to place exactly. Maybe it's the fierce glare in her eyes, or the point of her teeth. Or maybe it's the fact that in front of her, face up in the grass, is a Pelorite. Or rather, the remains of one. He was a young man, maybe about eighteen or twenty, with short black hair and a face still pimpled slightly from puberty. He wears traditional Pelorite garb which you immediately recognize from the Harbinger's reign so many years ago, although it has some minor changes that you might expect over time. The boy must have been a cleric: his shield lies cracked in half, the two pieces a few feet from his body, and his mace has rolled a bit further, down a small hill. What is most striking though, is his chest. The Pelorite's chest cavity has been ripped as if someone had grabbed it with both hands and pulled. A few rib bones stick up from the body like tiny flags, while others are scattered a few inches away. The internal organs, at least the ones you can see, are ripped to shreds. All except for one: the Pelorite's heart is still in tact and surprisingly still beating, although that seems to be stopping as well.

Knowledge: The Planes check to identify

The dwarf, presumably seeing this as well, lets out a startled noise of surprise. "By the gods! Who would do that?"

She doesn't seem to notice you, as she is turned the other way in conversation with a tiefling, who seems to be holding the bag that Rakan's portal spell is calling you towards.

@Rakan: She looks darkly, not amused by your imitation.
"He is." She says, speaking of the Pelorite. "Although we might have different frames of reference for 'powerful'. As for how I broke the seal... Undoing an angel's magic is not easy, but possible. It took me decades to even be certain of your existence. You know most of the world doesn't know you exist, right? There are certain profane rituals that can undo divine magic, briefly. It looks like briefly was all you needed." She nudges the Pelorite with her foot. "Wouldn't have been possible without this little guy.

Fine. I was partially expecting that you were joking about the wish, but I guess if you are insistent upon this. I want High Father Dahl dead, and his possessions brought to me. He is the leader of the Pelorites in Cythaos." Cythaos isn't a place you've ever heard of. "Though a word of caution. The world has changed in the half millennium you have been away. It might take some getting used to."

Note: not ritual spell as in the epic level casting. She's not claiming to be an epic level caster.

Tjallen
2017-07-21, 10:23 AM
Sounding somewhat annoyed with the dwarf Drak answers his question: "You're going to be my banner and for each time you utter more stupidity it will make the experience less enjoyable, for you at least."
Deciding on an exciting entrance he grabs the dwarf by the shoulders and takes off into the air, flying up high above the camp and dropping the dwarf from a height that shouldn't kill him, but most likely will break both his legs.
Diving down after the dwarf he lands with Fleshrender lightly grabbed in one hand, about 10 feet away from the cross-legged creature.
"Still with the disguises Rakan, is this really the way to greet a friend?"
Turning his head slightly to make sure the girl knows he is addressing her he adds:
"No casting."

Chimaera
2017-07-21, 11:51 AM
"That city didnt exist in my time, so you'll have to guide me there. And since the world has certainly changed, you'll be our general guide as well. You'll obey me and answer my questions the best way you can and I'll kill him and bring what you want. Does that sound good?", he says before being surprise by a dwarf falling off the sky, "What kind of freak storm is that?", he jokes as he look to Drak, "And the disguise is pretty much a reflective one although Tashtaku here was able to pierce it easily. How you're doing my friend? And who's the dwarf? Dinner?", he says looking to the poor humanoid.

"This girl here helped us break through the seal apparently, so I'm striking a drsl with her: she guides us and we kill some high priest of Pelor. Are you ok with that?"

Tjallen
2017-07-21, 12:22 PM
Looking a the now very hurt dwarf Drak simply shrugs. "He was in my way when I got out and then he wouldn't shut up so I am turning him into a banner, might need some dismemberment first though."
Thinking over the proposal Drak looks somewhat surprised: "I hate the gods and their slaves as much as the next person, but all my weapons have aged like milk. Only Fleshrender and Horde Bane didn't crumble over the years, and even they have weakened significantly. So we will have to do it by ambush. Have the heavens been alerted to our escaping yet?"

El'the Ellie
2017-07-21, 12:59 PM
@ "Ach, what are you-- Ahh!" The dwarf cries out as he's lifted off of the ground into the sky, kicking and screaming the whole time.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!" He falls from the sky, a few feet away from Rakan and Tashtaku, and you all can hear a loud crack as his femurs break from the impact. The dwarf howls in pain almost immediately.

"AAch! My legs! Oh gods my legs! Oh god, oh my gods--"

Tashtaku jumps a bit in surprise, but doesn't seem particularly phased once she realizes what happened.

"Ah, you must be The Never Chosen then. I--"

"Oh gods, me f**kin' legs. AAaaaagh, Oh my gods I can't..." The dwarf lets out another continuous howl.

"I'm glad you could--"

"AAAh! Moradin's f**king beard it hurts. Oh god it hurts!"

"I think we sho--"

"AAAAHHHHH!!"

"Would you shut the f**k up??" For the first time Tashtaku looks actually irritated, and with a wave of her hand she creates a shimmering bubble around the dwarf, immediately silencing him.

"Okay. Finally. You asked for no casting, but... I mean come on." She nods to the dwarf, who is rolling silently in the glass clutching his shattered legs.

"Greetings, I'm glad to see you're using your newfound freedom. And unfortunately I would have no way of knowing that. Although I suspect not. To my understanding, the gods have... retreated, in a sense, to their divine domains since you have been away. Perhaps they're losing interest in the material plane.
Rakan, that sounds agreeable to me."
She addresses the both of you.
"Cythaos might be the most populated city in Sunthura these days, on the northwest corner of Criose. About half a world away. I don't suppose one of you can teleport? Otherwise we should prepare ourselves for a long journey."

Tjallen
2017-07-21, 01:15 PM
Sounding entirely unbothered by this development Drak puts on an air of false annoyance: "It was the first screams of pain I have heard for decades, if not more. So I guess you are helping me with the banner, Miss Fluffball.
Walking a bit over to the dwarf and poking him with the blunt side of Fleshrender, Drak airs one of the questions he never got answered: "So when is Illu and Sophia going to join us?"

Chimaera
2017-07-21, 01:16 PM
"If you're okay with my terms then...", Rakan ask looking to the raksasha, "Dance".

He waits to see her reaction and actions before he keep talking, "The high father will have to wait til we reach there and a long journey is not what I'm looking forward now as I havent had a single night of sleep in several years. Centuries in fact. What can you say about the lay of the land? Isaw some settlements when I was flying my way here and I'm looking for some skilled Champion of Justice to corrupt and maybe some fearsome beast to add to my collection".

"Also I feel like my powers dwindled since my prison so I want to make sure how weak I really am and how much is just fatigue".

El'the Ellie
2017-07-22, 01:51 PM
Tashtaku looks at Rakan with half a smile. "Don't test me this early."
Then she sighs and shakes her head. "To my knowledge... they will not. The magic I employed should have had a similar effect on all four of you. But with the other two, I felt... nothing. Perhaps they were unable or unwilling to answer. I don't know, this is very ancient divine magic we're talking about. Or," she adds sarcastically. "Who knows, maybe they're already free.

There's a settlement to the south that you probably saw. An orcish tribe lives there, Clan Vas-Orskung. Maybe a thousand or so. The issue is we're deep in what folks call 'Uncivilized lands' in Yamirkskol. It's a long trek to the nearest port. But we can stop in that settlement, VasNosrok, if you want. I'm sure they have food, beds and... whatever you might be hungering after. I don't know about Champions of Justice, but if you're looking for fearsome beasts, you came to the right place. Yamirkskol is one of the only places in Sunthura where dinosaurs have not gone extinct."

Tjallen
2017-07-22, 02:21 PM
Upon getting the worrisome news from Rakan Drak asks the very relevant question: "Hopefully your powers are well enough for a spot of 'enslave the orcs'? I would hate to have to slap down their leaders again and again without proper weapons. I second the whole sleep thing,
being entombed under a mountain is hard work."

Receiving even more bad news from Tashtaku he adds in his thoughts on the subject: "That's too bad, however I would not be surprised with either of the two just refusing your summons. Hell, I'm surprised Rakan even answered. But where are my manners, I am Drak the Never-Chosen, and who are you O' mysterious benefactor?"

Looking at the dwarf and deciding to save dealing with him for later Drak picks him up and puts him in the enveloping pit he carries around.
"You can come out when you are done being a pansy, I had a mountain dropped on me and you don't hear me whining about it do ya?."

Chimaera
2017-07-22, 05:05 PM
"Meh", Rakan says as the catgirl dont dance, "I thought you agreed on obeying me. Oh well", he get up begin to walk around the area studying the terrain. Once he find a good spot he begins to cast a few spells.

As he cast he begin to gather many many shadows from the nearest trees and rocks and form a single door knob in the middle of the air, before a 4ft by 8ft shadow door appears aroun d it.

8th level Silent Image for Mordenkainen's Magnific Mansion.
Caster level is 23th, so it last for 46 hours and is staffed by 46 unseen servants that obey me and my guests (which includes the Drak, Tashtaku and the dwarf). It also have more than enough food for them all.

He then cast a powerful veil to hide their presence there, masking all the blood, sign of battle and the pelorite dead body and broken gear.

Masking all blood, struggle marks and the the invisibile door (in case they could). It also protect the area against divinations and stuff

"Come inside and lets rest. Tomorrow we'll start our journey", he says and open the door to the do a mesmerizing palace, with corridors and stairs and whole chambers in complete strange angles, as if the gravity was distorted inside.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/49/c8/4d/49c84d8a8e1540729f54e79dc389b6c9.jpg

"Make yourselves at home. Needing must call a servant and they'll do as told. Drak: be sure to keep your pet under your control", he says refering to the poor dwarf, "And Tashtaku: you're probably not tired but it would be wise to remain inside and trying not to get lost".

Tjallen
2017-07-22, 05:22 PM
Heading inside the magnificent mansion Drak grumbles something about finally having a decent bed before addressing Rakan's concerns with regards to the dwarf: "What is he going to do anyways? Run away? Anyways I'm sure our new companion is more than willing to show the dwarf just why death isn't the worst of fates should he exit the hole. Although I must say I am a bit surprised with you picking up a stray, I expect that kind of stuff from Sophia, but at least this one is only suicidal."

Chimaera
2017-07-22, 06:18 PM
Rakan look to Drak and shrugs, "She might be useful considering she managed to undo godly works", he says before adding, "Also, she's good looking and I'm interested in seeing her dance", ignoring the fact she is there in the same room.

He then proceed inside his mansion, hoping to be left alone as he rest and get ready for tomorrow's conquests.

Tjallen
2017-07-23, 05:02 AM
"Allegedly undid godly works, but as long as you know what you're doing." Drak shrugs before heading to a room and ordering the servants to bring him food, as an afterthought he orders some for the dwarf as well.

El'the Ellie
2017-07-24, 11:37 PM
"Tashtaku, at your service." She gives a small bow, completing your greeting.

After a moment of concentration, Rakan coalesces wisps of darkness together, forming an enormous mansion, fit for people of your lofty stature. Tashtaku runs a palm along the doorframe admiring the handiwork before stepping in. Her only response to Rakan is a quick flick of the hips that seems to imply she heard, and possibly that she didn't terribly mind. She's quickly distracted by the sight inside, however.

Rakan's mansion is twisting, opulent and labyrinthine. His comment to the rakshasa about not getting lost wasn't just a joke. Magnificent dark wooden staircases sweep up the sides of the carpeted foyer to living quarters, a den and study, and so on. On the first level, the foyer stretches back into a hall, dining room, another study and sitting room, lavatories, all impeccably crafted out of wood, tile, stone, and carpet. Close inspection reveals that it all shifts with the dark Weave of shadow magic, giving the place a haunting glow. Dozens of pale, ghost-like humanoids tend to you as you enter, which Tashtaku wastes no time ordering around. She hands off her coat to one while telling another to start drawing up a bath.

"I could get used to this." She says as she goes off exploring.

@Drak: The dwarf whimpers slightly as you scoop him into the portable hole. It seems like he's silently screamed his voice hoarse. You quickly become preoccupied with other things, like food. With a snap and a command, the servants begin setting the dining hall table in the back with a feast fit for king: it would have to suffice. Still, the shadow-conjured food is impeccable, and being trapped under a mountain for so long has made you famished. It's one, two, three helpings of crackling roast duck, mashed potatoes dripping with butter gravy and garlic, seared collard greens, fresh baked bread and cheese, and bold red wine before you can start to say you're feeling satisfied. With another lazy gesture, you order a plate for the dwarf, and the servants scoop the contents of the plate into the pit, and drop down a waterskin. After a while you hear some pitiful munching and drinking. Truly you are a merciful god.

@Both: The day turns into evening as you unwind, and it is mostly uneventful as you relax. There is a moment, however, that you watch from the windows out onto the material plane.

A large riding party, perhaps ten or twelve humans, elves, halflings, and a pair of draconic creatures ride almost directly over the entrance to your mansion. Most of them are mounted on horseback, although two ride griffons and fly low with the others. A massive dire bear follows the group. Many of them carry holy symbols or some sort of marking on them, the most common being the grasped lightening bolt of Heironeous, but symbols of Bahamut can be seen on the draconic humanoids. One of the mounted folks raises his hand to pause the party, and for a second they are all silent.

"What is it captain?"

"It's... nothing. I thought I sensed her. Never mind. We're loosing time, let's keep moving."

With a yah to their mounts, the party pushes on, and aren't heard from again.

The next morning rises with a soft yellow glow dappling over the hills, the way it might in an an idealized painting. Puffy white clouds roll down from the north, pushing lazily across a very wide, blue sky. You feel rested, full, and renewed. The day is yours.

Chimaera
2017-07-25, 12:24 AM
Rakan isolate himself into his mansion, twisting the hals and corridors as he doe so, so he cannot be found and is left alone. How could he feel so tired? He let himself fall face first in the floor and order the servants to drag him into a comfy bed and undress him as he just watch the scene thinking about how much things he might have missed? Six centuries was a long time.

For once he feel numb as he fall asleep for what seems to be ages.

The next morning, Rakan find himself poorly wrapped in sheets, his many magical vestments all around in a mess. Stil laying in the bed, he mentally order breakfast and start reading his spellbook smiling as he cherry pick his spells, imaging the situation to use them.

"Magic Jar? Hmmm... Maybe I should trap some greedy commoner who picks up a pearl close to the swines. Baleful Polymorph? Yeah, I'm definitly turning someone into a toad today...", he thinks before closing the spellbook and putting it back in his backpack.

He take a hot shower and dress in his usual black robes, before leaving his domains and meeting the others.
"I believe I saw paladins last night, Tashtaku", he says as he greet his guests, "Do you know anything about it?"

Tjallen
2017-07-25, 09:35 AM
Upon finishing the feast Drak retreats to a room, spending some time meditating to ask questions of the apparition that serves as a teacher for the eternal blade arts.
Teacher, my weapons have grown dull and I need something worthy of myself, do you remember any tales of powerful artefacts?

Having conversed with his teacher he lays down in the luxurious bed, however years of sleeping on cold hard rock has made sleeping in the soft bed impossible, Drak eventually finds himself sleeping, standing up, against the door.

As the morning comes Drak goes through a simple training regiment before meeting up with the others.
"Well you got you wish of champions of good to corrupt."

Roll for knowledge history, local and religion to see if the blade spirit knows of any artefacts or weapons of power in the area.
History: [roll0]
Local: [roll1]
Religion: [roll2]

Chimaera
2017-07-25, 03:11 PM
"If all my wishes come true like tat, maybe we'll be watching Tashtaku dancing until the end of the night", Rakan jokes while waiting for the answer about those champions, "And if there are dragons from Bahamut, I made turn one into a zombie which will be perfect".

Tjallen
2017-07-25, 04:29 PM
Having the servants clean the dwarf and make sure he is ready to travel, or at least lie in the bag, Drak simply smiling at the gnome Drak adds in:
"A zombie dragon? I am sure Illu will be proud at you."

Holding out his glaive for Rakan to inspect: "Anyways I was not kidding about my weapons being worse off, I mean look at this it's not even that sharp anymore. So when we have some time you think you could whip up some magic to locate something useful?"

Chimaera
2017-07-25, 04:33 PM
"I bet it might still cleave that dwarf easily", he says looking to the dwarf, "What do you think?", he direct the question to the dwarf himself.

"But yes, I'll divine later to find out about any weapons of legends around this place. But that if I still have the spells once we stomo those good-doers..."

Tjallen
2017-07-25, 05:10 PM
Guffawing, Drak simply shakes his head. "A stiff breeze could cleave the dwarf, they were made of sterner stuff back in the day."

Upon hearing this change of plans Drak lifts an eyebrow:
"Weren't we going to go 'discuss' new leadership with the orcs? Eh, doesn't matter much in which order we do things I guess."

El'the Ellie
2017-07-26, 10:15 AM
@Rakan: Early the next morning you approach Tashtaku about the people you saw last night.
"Paladins..?" She says, thinking between bites of toast. "Oh son of a b**ch. Big bear, meathead looking guy on a horse? I can't believe they followed me here. Well, I had to burn a couple bridges to get the ritual I did yesterday. Some folks in Onos didn't like it, apparently. Although I really thought they would give up when I hit the ocean. Their persistence is kind of unnerving."

@Drak: While watching the dwarf shuffle around in his hole you contemplate what you might do today, as well as what you know about the land and how it pertains to any weapons of legend that might still be here. The dwarf has managed to repurpose his shirt to keep his legs straight in an effort to get them to heal correctly.

On Yamirkskol, strength in arms is the rule of law moreso than anywhere else on the planet. War and combat is deeply rooted in almost every culture in one way or another. Except in rare cases the strongest take charge, and to the strongest go the spoils. You can't bring up any specifics, but if there was such an artifact here, and it wasn't locked away somewhere, it would have risen to the top of whatever clan was most influential. That is most likely the same clan that it was centuries ago, but with different people in charge of course: Clan Orskung. Another orcish tribe to the Eastern edge of the continent. Their capitol of Bahvaest is nestled in a canyon, and is home to incredible, brutal warriors. You might very well stronger than any of them. But thanks to their sheer numbers and not insignificant skills of some, declaring war on or supremacy over the clan singlehandedly would be suicide, even for you.

Tjallen
2017-07-26, 05:08 PM
Seeing the dwarf persevering Drak offers him some encouragement: "Dwarf, continue surviving I might just allow you to record our deeds. Now is clan Orskung still home to mighty warriors or have they turned soft?"

Looking at the food on the table Drak takes the time to pick out plenty of meats, switching between eating and putting it in the hole.
"So, Tashta, what can you tell us about this group, how big are the dragons, how powerful are the spellcasters, how many hanger-ons and most importantly: Anyone of martial note?"

Chimaera
2017-07-26, 05:19 PM
"I guess we should go paladin hunting then: better deal with them now than having a retinue following the pretty Tashtaku and ourselves", he says and begin to think for a moment, "What exactly you did? I know you took off the heart of a pelorite, but from what I saw, it seems you infuriated champions of a lot of benevolent gods: which is actually a point in your favor: maybe one day you can become an Harbringer yourself".

He proceed to cast his default spells before finishing up his breakfast.
Overland Flight
Greater Anticipate Teleportation
Mind Blank (only two non-Illusion casting of 8th level, so it's for Rakan and Drak only - and he doesnt want her to be immune to his magic)

"Also Drak, if needed I can heal that dwarf so he can dance for us or try to escape and make a good hunting".

Tjallen
2017-07-26, 05:24 PM
Smiling at Rakan Drak simply responds: "Appreciate the offer, but until he proves himself worthy of our company he won't get our help.
You do raise a couple very valid points though, exactly what happened between your minion and the rest of the world causing paladins to hunt her down?

El'the Ellie
2017-07-26, 11:47 PM
"What is chasing me? Well, that's the easier question. There's a knight of Hieroneous, a number of his clerics, a few courtly mages, a pair of... they call themselves Dragonborn of Bahamut: people who devote their lives to that sparkling dragon and are reborn as draconic creatures themselves.

Then there's a druid of the land. He's the worst of the lot. If we wanted to go hunt down the hunters I am happy to help. Those people have been a thorn in my side for too long. As for their skills... I haven't been foolish enough to face them all head on. Except for the druid. That was... a draw. The knight is 'Sir Gamly West the Third, Knight of the Vengeful'. Apparently some great deal." She says his name with a sarcastic sense of grandeur.

"They're all soldiers, from Onos. You probably wouldn't know of it's existence since it came about in the past two centuries or so. They're a disgusting bunch of warriors, mostly, who fight in the name of whatever light gods they cow before. Mostly they busy themselves fighting with folks in Shiania, but every once in a while they find something evil enough to send a few after it. Finding that ritual wasn't easy. It was supposed to only be in the hands of a few deific creatures. So I tempted one of the clerics to commune with his god, and hijacked his mind in the middle of the spell and asked a couple of questions on his behalf. The little weasel teleported away before I could kill him and raised the alarm. Turns out god fearing mortals don't like it when you talk to their gods. That, and the cleric must still remember what I asked, so I'm sure they've all figured out what I was planning. Heh, I bet they still think they can stop me... Won't that be a surprise for them."

@Drak: The dwarf looks up at you sadly. It takes him a few tries to get his voice back, and although he is still miserable he looks to be in slightly better shape than yesterday.

"I... I don't know. My lord... Their strength is feared and respected everywhere. Everywhere that I've been. But I don't know what you consider strong... I thought I was strong."

Chimaera
2017-07-27, 12:44 AM
"So you fought one of them and ended with a tie? Interesting", Rakan says and look better at her, "So, what kind of spellcaster you are? Can you show me some of your powers? Just to use it as a ruler for how strong the druid is".

The gnome is already pulling some shadows from under the desk and shaping it in the form a mouthless dragon with spikes all over his tail and back.

Tjallen
2017-07-27, 05:40 AM
Digesting the information Drak seems indifferent: "So we will be wasting the element of surprise on a bunch of semi-nobodies. What a shame. At least I get a chance to test out the champions of this age."

Addressing the dwarf he grins, exposing his unnaturally sharp teeth: "Well maybe for a lower class warrior, if you have potential I might find someone to train you up a bit. I wonder if they still have war scribes, if you are actually some kind of strong that might be a fitting place for you."

El'the Ellie
2017-07-27, 12:45 PM
@Rakan: You pull the shadows together and begin forming ghostly black and purple dragon that takes up more an more of the dining hall. Tashtaku looks at you, then the creature.

"My kind are always gifted in arcane magic, but I am more-so. Beyond that I've learned to channel the power of the gods, similar to what clerics do."

What god or gods she employs she doesn't say, nor can you see any holy symbols or markings on her.

"I could, but it wouldn't be an accurate measure. Most of what I can do are effective only on creatures with a body to ruin," says with a nod to the conjured dragon. "I don't think they'll work on that one. But I usually like to remain invisible, whether in fights or out of them." She adds the last part with a note of pride. So she must be at least capable enough for the greater invisibility spell.

"As for the Druid... before he joined up with others he was chasing me down with the Wind Walk spell. I suspect he stopped when he realized he couldn't fight me alone, and realized he couldn't affect all of his companions. His bear is formidable, arguably just as strong as he is."

@Drak: He flinches when you bare your teeth. He doesn't meet your gaze, not really sure how to respond and clearly not a terrific fan of planning out the rest of his life in your service.

Chimaera
2017-07-27, 12:54 PM
"Maybe I should make his pet boar as my undead slave then", Rakan says as close as he can of being happy, "And you're oing to fight alongside us too, right?"

He waves his hands and the dragon disappears, "No need to test your skills if we're going to fight a full retinue of paladins I guess... Once you're done let's go outside and check things".

Rakan finish his breakfast and jump ready for some actions after ages.

El'the Ellie
2017-07-27, 01:32 PM
@Rakan: With your spells prepared, your belly full, and your mind rested, there's only one thing left to feel like yourself again: Murder a handful of light champions, and maybe corrupt a few powerful creatures to your side while you're at it.

@Drak: It's time to see how weak and soft this world has become in your absence. If the dwarf is any indication, very.

The four of you (including the dwarf, in his pit) exit Rakan's twisted mansion, which fades away into nothingness after a period of time. The hillside is basically the same as when you left it last evening, but now you can see the addition of trampled grass and claw marks headed off to the west.

Tashtaku looks at them and her gaze follows the path over a hill. "I guess they really weren't worried about being followed, huh? Shall we?"

The track DC would be less than 10, so I'm comfortable saying you don't need the track feat to be able to follow these.

The mashed grass and ground act like a giant red arrow pointing towards the soldiers. It travels west for a few miles, then stops at the bottom of a hill. You approach a large, safe distance from the crowd assembled below: they seem to be resting and a smaller group seems to be arguing over something, but from this distance you can't hear them. Still, there are a few on the outskirts of the camp keeping watch.

The knight in the center busies himself polishing his shield while five very lightly armed and armored people argue among themselves and one woman tries to break it up. The two dragonborn are talking and tending to their griffons, who seem to be taking a rest after some flying. At roughly evenly spaced intervals around the camp are armored men and women that are keeping watch: six in total, in three groups of two. The druid Tashtaku warned you about looks half asleep against the massive side of his bear, face up towards the sun. One more, a raptoran with a bow on his back, tends to the twelve horses and... is that a unicorn? There's no mistaking the pure white horned creature that walks among the other steeds.

Tjallen
2017-07-27, 04:14 PM
"Let's see how many we can kill before they get over here. Bonus points if we kill ALL their flying capabilities." Drak then unsheathes his bow and nocks an arrow, getting ready to fly up and unleash arrows at the very ill hidden enemies.

Chimaera
2017-07-29, 06:44 PM
Rakan smile as he watch the camp of so much noble paladins and priests.
"This is going to be fun", he whisper to them, thanks to a simple cantrip, "I'll go up the hill and check it".

He cast a transmutation spell, granting them all great agility, nimbleness and speed before running to the top of the hill.
From that vantage point he begins to gesture as several tiny snowflakes made of shadows appear around the many knights gathered before they explode in several ice shards, hamstringing them and freezing their very souls.

He'll cast Haste previous and move to the top of the hill, then 8th level Heightened Silent Image for a 120% real Field of Icy Razors (24th caster level).

Damage [roll0] (half of it is cold while the other half is slashing)
Additionally, their speeds are reduced by 20ft for the next 24 rounds.

Will save disbelief (DC 29) and Reflexes (DC 29 or DC 34 if they fail the Will save) halve the damage and negate the speed penalty.

Superreal Hallucinations: it's 30% above 90%, so those who fail their Will save have a more difficult time to save against it (increased Reflexes DC, rounded down I guess) and the damage is 30% higher:

A sucessful Will save reduce the damage to 68 (half cold/half slashing) which can be reduce to 34 if they suceed on the Reflexes save (DC 29);
A failed Will save means the damage increase to 98 (half cold/half slashing) which can be reduced to 49 if they suceed on the Reflexes save (DC 34);

Targets: Dr1, Dr2, G1, G2, Db, Dd, K, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, U, H1, H2, H4, H5, H6, H7, H8.

I believe H1 and H2 may not be hit (they may be a little more than 60ft way from M6).

Tjallen
2017-07-29, 06:53 PM
As he sees the ice erupt Drak lets his arrow fly, watching it split into two as it heads towards the raptoran. "It's time to show your worth little furball, wouldn't want the Harbingers to think you're weak now would you?" He grins at the Rakshasa, getting ready to fire more arrows towards the group of good-doers.

[roll0] (Assuming he is 310 ft away for 3 range increments and a -4 to hit) for [roll1] damage, unless he isn't flatfooted, then it's only +12
[roll2] for [roll3] damage

El'the Ellie
2017-08-03, 10:54 PM
Tashtaku winks out of normal vision, although Rakan can still see her despite invisibility as she moves towards the battalion.

"Let's see what you Harbingers can do..."

@Rakan: You soar into the air, getting a prime angle on the fodder down below. Those idiots have no idea what is coming for them. Good. You clap your hands together and summon a storm of foggy, dark icicles that temporarily block out the sun. The people below have only a moment to see something amiss, before you launch them down into the grass.

Thunk thunk thunk The ice hits the ground and the people below like so many knives dropped onto a carving board.

The two dragonborn turn to see the storm too late, and have mixed results in avoiding it. One looks at the oncoming storm with a pause, noticing it for the illusion it is. That doesn't do much to save him, however, as the quasi-real shards rip through his toughened scales. His companion doesn't think about the reality of the storm: he just dodges it instinctively. He rolls to the side as it comes down and is... miraculously save and untouched!

Their mounts react almost identically to the masters: one sees past the illusion but is sliced all the same. He and his master are hurt, badly. The other yanks it's body back at a call from it's master, likewise avoiding the storm altogether. These two are totally untouched, and angry.

The bear takes the full brunt of the storm on its massive back, and roars in anger as it breaks chunks of ice off of itself. The druid winces as he too is ravaged by the icy spikes, and frantically looks around in terror for who or what cast that.

The knight raises his shield almost instinctively to protect his face, and dozens of shards pierce into it. But he can't block all of it, and icicles stick into his boots, legs, and shoulders. "Agh, by the gods, we're under attack! Look alive people!"

The mages in the back are far too preoccupied to notice their impending doom, and become sentient pincushions as the ice drives into their back, sides and chest. The slivers rip through their robes and slice open their skin beneath, exposing bone and muscle and intestines, most of them go down, some clawing meekly as they slip over their own entrails pouring out into the grass. One takes an ice spike to the brain and is dead before he hits the ground.

But two of them remain standing, a woman and a man. The woman looks like she's made of tougher stuff than the others and grits her teeth, the man seems to have ignored the freezing cold.

And the horses. Oh the poor horses. That entire side of the hill's valley is suddenly transformed into a pile of jerking limbs and horse bits, as the steeds are separated limb from limb. The unicorn fairs far better, though it still is sliced all down the side, it's golden blood staining the perfect white hide.

And then, the storm ends. You look around with satisfaction at the massacre you just caused. It's good to be back.

@Drak: You immediately follow up Rakan's storm with one of your own, of steel. You fire two arrows into the back of the raptoran, right between the wings. It didn't take him down but it definitely hurt, if his screams of pain are any indication.

@Both: Tashtaku creeps up to the guards as this madness unfolds. Her hands become claws, covered in some sort of mist. As she approaches, her tail twitches and she bounds up to the guards, stabbing into each of them.

"Surprise!"

Immediately the both of them begin coughing and choking up blood as they reach for their weapons.

S1 takes 12 damage and 1 negative level, S2 takes 7 damage and 1 negative level.

Sir Gamly stands and shouts out to Drak, apparently the only one he can see.

"Who are you demon? Come down here and fight me, if you have any honor at all, or stay up their and be a cowering tittering bird!"

Meanwhile the druid and several of the others are looking around in panic. "Be on guard Sir Gamly. There are others. There! By the squires, someone on the ground."

Round 1
Rakan
Drak
Dragonborn
Eatu, Nature's Fury & Usline
Tashtaku
Raptoran
Sir Gamly
Mages
Squires

Chimaera
2017-08-04, 01:27 AM
From his high ground point on top of the hill, Rakan send telepathically to the knightly character.
"The Light has abandoned you and your world. But Darkness is hiring and you'll make a good Death Knight".

He raise his invisible hands and the then a cloud of screeching mouths surround the battlefield, biting and gnawing at everyone with abyssal hunger and frenzy, tearing people apart as they rotate in the air.

The area is gargantuan (115ft radius and 10ft high cylinder).
It hits everyone there, with the exception of S1 and S2 - as well as Tashtaku).

It's a 23th caster level spell, so it last for 23 rounds and can be moved as a free action on my turns.

Will save (disbelief) DC 28
Reflexes for half damage DC 28 (if disbelieved) or DC 31 (if they think its real).

Piercing damage: [roll0]
Those who suceed the Will save takes 49 (or 24 if they make the Reflexes save as well).
Those who fail the Will save takes 58 (or 29 if they make the Reflexes save as well).

Tjallen
2017-08-05, 06:10 PM
Delighted at the banter Drak shouts back:
"I'm not a Demon, and there is no honor in crushing insects like yourself anyways. Besides you will be serving soon enough, so lay down and die quickly."
He then unleashes a barrage of arrows, aiming at the druid and paladin.

Edit: Messed up the rolls and pasted the results from the ooc.
Full attack against Sir Gamly and using time stands still another full attack against the druid:

[roll0] for 19
[roll1] for 23

[roll2] for 21
[roll3] for 25

[roll4] for 18
[roll5] for 22

[roll6] for 25
[roll7] for 20

[roll8] for 20
[roll9] for 17

Against the druid:

[roll10] for 19
[roll11] for 18

[roll12] for 18
[roll13] for 24

[roll14] for 23
[roll15] for 20

[roll16] for 24
[roll17] for 22

[roll18] for 18
[roll19] for 24

El'the Ellie
2017-08-08, 11:55 PM
@Rakan: You taunt the night, giving him a glimpse of what he might expect once you have converted him, and summon a whirlwind of hungry mouths and razor sharp teeth that dig and bite into the people below and scream with an unending chaotic hatred.

Incredibly, both the robed figures avoid the worst of the assault, though they bleed from all over and stagger their way through the field. Sir Gamly in the center again takes the worst of the spell head on, but most of the teeth chew only his armor and he stands through the storm. The druid and dire bear fare similarly: though they stand through the worst of the assault, it's not by much.

The griffons and their riders seem to believe the illusion you throw at them, but damn they are fast! The griffons get considerably chewed, but each of the riders dodge any major pockets of teeth, emerging completely unscathed.

The guards to the south bleed and swipe away in vain at the teeth, moving away from the whirling cone of death but not before being seriously injured.

The horses, unicorn, and raptoran all go down in a spray of blood and gore, that entire section of the field looking like it went through a meat grinder in a few seconds. The woman sees the unicorn go down and looks in your general direction with hate.

"Ali, no! How could you?"

@Drak: With decades of perfected technique, you draw and reload in a series of precise shots, impossibly quickly. Time itself seems to shutter to a halt, if only for a moment, as you rain steel on the two most competent members of the party. Each arrow doesn't even have time to land before the next one is in the air.

Most of your arrows strike deflect off of the knight's gleaming shield and armor, but four of them strike true, puncturing into the soft skin beneath the armor. He screams out in anger, breaking off the shafts as he rises up.

You turn your fire to the druid. Your aim against him is better, or at least more successful. Five of the arrows strike into the druid, the rest either dodged or deflected by some kind of magical protections. Still, he stumbles back, looking like he's about to be out of the fight already.

"You fiends! You will pay for that!" The woman screams out in your direction, seemly recovering after the loss of her companion, and the scores of people in the hills. She digs through her pack frantically as teeth swarm around, and comes out with a scroll. She reads from it frantically, and intones a prayer to complete the spell.

"By the light of Pelor, let us keep fighting and illuminate the dark before us!"

As if on cue, the light shines brightly down upon them, and you can immediately see the damage you've inflicted on those still standing be undone!

Mass Heal

The dragonborn each mount up, and with a leap and a bound, their steeds fly into the air and out of the deadly range of the spell. Their mounts move with haste away in opposite directions, but both fly towards Drak at a breakneck speed.

The druid places his hands on the knight and grits his teeth through the storm, finishing a spell that creates a protective golden sheen.

Death Ward

"Take these fools down, Sir Gamly. Smite that creature out of the sky. I will work on finding the other ones. Tonly, help Usline out."

The remaining mage nods and dives through the whirling teeth towards the dire bear, lifting a hand in the air and causing the animal to rise. The bear roars in happiness as its paws begin to lift a few inches off the ground, and is if running on the air itself, it charges forward.

Sir Gamly fixes Drak with a steely gaze, but replies mentally to Rakan.
You are wrong creature. "I AM the light!"

He drops his sword and shield and starts running forward, fast. Faster than someone in that much armor should be able to. He lets out an inhuman howl as he runs, and as he emerges from the whirlwind of teeth, you can see his transformation: He grows bigger, rapidly. His arms and legs thicken, his armor turns into toughened scales of gleaming silver. A pair of enormous wings sprout from his back: this Sir Gamly is no human!

https://amonteroiii.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/tumblr_ms6n4dazyn1qfbemzo1_1280.jpg

He soars over Rakan's head with incredible speed, temporarily blocking out the sun with his massive wingspan. In fact, it is only thanks to the ice still on him from Rakan's spell that he did not already engage with Drak.

"You think you can crush me?? Creature, that taunt will be your last!"

Meanwhile, Tashtaku digs into one of the two squires, pausing only briefly to watch as Sir Gamly transforms. Her claws momentarily become coated in darkness as she digs into the man's neck muscles. After an instant, the darkness spreads over his entire body and the man becomes hollow and withers, dropping to the ground dead.

The swordswoman near her swings blindly. Tastaku easily sidesteps the first one, but the second catches her by surprise and digs into her skin, as she hisses in anger. The swordsmen from below cover their heads and charge through the field of teeth, going to aid their allies against the invisible threat. The two far in the back look prepared to do the same, but wait for some kind of opening in the storm, trying to pass where it is thinner.

Round 2
Rakan
Drak
Dragonborn
Tashtaku
Raptoran
Sir Gamly
Mage
Healer
Squires

Chimaera
2017-08-09, 02:58 AM
Rakan watch his whole masterpiece be ruined by the woman casting a powerful prayer, anger blinding him for a second as he stamp the ground infuriated. But then, Sir Gamly show his true self and makes Rakan halt for a moment though not from hesitation, but grim madness.

"Oh such a beautiful thing! You'll make a fine steed once I snuff all that light of yours", he send telepathically to the mighty dragon.

With a hand gesture the hurricane of hungry mouths fly towards Tashtaku, stoping just a few feet beside her and enveloping the squires and swordsmen again, as well as bite all those still within 10ft of the ground.

Free action to move it west just enough no to harm Tashtaku.

Reflexes DC 28 (if perceived the illusion) or 31 (if they believe its real).

Piercing damage [roll0] (those that believe it being an illusion takes only 90% of it for 40 damage while those believe it being real takes 20% extra damage from it for a total of 54. Regardless of belief, a sucessful Reflexes save halves the damage).

Looking at the dragon he point his finger and shoot a ray made of blood towards him, chanting a quick divination to help break through any magical resistance he might have.

Swift action to gain +10 to penetrate the dragon's SR (lasts 15 rounds). That spell was also modified at preparation time to have +4 to bypass SR thanks to my tomebound eye of Boccob.

Caster level check [roll1]
Ranged Ray Attack [roll2]
Fort save DC 25 or be stunned for one round. Regardless of saving or not, if hit he lose half his current hp.

The ray have 60ft of range, so Rakan will fly in range if needed (posting by phone and already had a few drinks on me). If he is already in range, he'll move 30ft west after casting.

Tjallen
2017-08-09, 04:13 AM
Exchanging his bow for Fleshrender.
"Should have just ran away you overgrown lizard." Drak charges, putting his hatred and power in every blow made against the dragon.

Swift to change to Leading the charge stance, using Doomcharge with shocktrooper to hit like a truck, a fast one.
[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] + 1 Con
[roll3] for [roll4] + [roll5] + 1 Con
[roll6] for [roll7] + [roll8] + 1 Con
[roll9] for [roll10] + [roll11] + 1 Con
[roll12] for [roll13] + [roll14] + 1 Con

If any of the attacks hit, Drak gains 10 dr/-. AND A SWIRLING MIASMA OF EVIL ENERGY, let's not forget about the most important part.

If any of the attackers charge Drak counts as having readied an attack for double damage.

El'the Ellie
2017-08-10, 09:51 PM
@Rakan: The dragon's only response is to roar out into the sky as you fire a slender black beam at him, causing blood to spray out from his scales at all angles. His massive cat-like eyes blink in pain, but then refocus on Drak as the warrior charges towards him.

Back at the bottom of the hill, the storm of teeth and mouths rages on. Tashtaku ducks as you direct the storm just over her head, shredding through the solider in front of her. Only one of them seems to avoid the worst of it, the rest push their way out of the storm. One of them falls to the ground before the storm eats at her like hungry piranha.

The casters in back look worse for wear, but thanks to their recent healing are surviving through the storm.

@Drak: You call upon ages of martial teachings and charge this dragon head on! When you get close, it bites at you with powerful jaws, digging through your armor and into your skin.

28 piercing damage and 8 cold damage. Since this is before your attack lands, your DR won't kick in yet.

But it's bite can only deter the mighty Drak, not keep you down. You trade blows with the creature, successfully rending into it's skin with your first strike, as you are coated in a swirling miasma of dark energy. It quite injured from your slices along it's snout and neck, as well as Rakan's spell, but there is a reason dragons are mythic creatures, and it dodges and dives around the remaining ones.

The griffon riders circle on either side of you, striking together: the griffon at the bottom rushes at you, though it's not looking to charge you, as you would normally anticipate. The dragonborn on it's back swipes at you as they fly by in a rush. His shortsword swipes at you in the heel and then he flies off before you have a chance to react. The idiot, did he leave his sword behind? Suddenly the sword springs to life in your heel, continuing to attack!

12 damage plus 4 corrosive damage. This weapon will magically grind itself into your flesh until the effect expires in 5 rounds, or until it is removed as a standard action with a DC 20 strength check.

You watch him fly away and pull out his bow: clearly he doesn't intend on getting close to you again. His brother in arms does the same, pulling out a longbow not unlike the one you just put away, and fires a volley of arrows at you. They don't hurt too badly, but you can see yourself outlined slightly in a silvery glow: that will be a pain if you decide to try to conceal yourself.

11 damage, and 9 damage

@Rakan and Drak: And then, with a bellowing roar that almost deafens you, the dragon strikes! It bites down on Drak again, chomping hard into your side.

Make a Will save DC 30 or be shaken for 11 rounds.

44 damage, plus 6 Cold damage

It rears up in the air and scratches you in the face and down the side with devastating accuracy!

44 Damage plus 1 Cold damage.
50 damage plus 3 cold damage

It buffets you around in the air with each wing once, sending you spinning around.

21 damage plus 5 cold damage
22 damage plus 2 cold damage

And finally it beams you across the helmet, almost indignantly, with its tail.

32 damage plus 3 cold damage

Back on the ground, those still caught in the whirling teeth quickly try to head out of it. The arcanist raises his hands and finishes an invocation that covers his allies, the druid and the healer, in a green glow, making them flee more quickly.

Haste

The druid, unable to totally leave the storm for now, grits his teeth and applies some kind of strange ointment to his eyes, and begins quickly looking around the battlefield.

"You!" For a moment it's not clear who he is looking at, but he points at Tashtaku.

"Me."

"Don't hold back squires, kill the Defiler! We will deal with the others."

True Seeing

His bear companion lands for now, and sprints up the hillside, gaining speed as he barrels towards Drak.

The healer woman focuses entirely on just getting herself to safety, closing her eyes and charging forward out of the teeth storm.

Tashtaku grits her teeth and digs into the squires near her. Her claws take on the same whispy effect as before as she sinks them into the two, that immediately begin choking as they swing wildly.

13 damage and 1 negative level and 8 damage and 1 negative level

She steps back out of their range as they swing wildly where she was. The druid yells out in frustration.

"No, forward! She moved back! Ugh... Heorn, we need your arrows to reveal her!"

Round 3
Rakan
Drak
Dragonborn
Tashtaku
'Sir Gamly'
Mage
Healer
Squires

Tjallen
2017-08-11, 04:19 PM
Taking the hits, Drak looks at the dragon and smiles:
"My turn"
He then unleashes a flurry of attacks, before quickly activating a magic item and blurring into action even faster than before, unleashing attack upon attack in an attempt to overwhelm the dragon.

Full attack to regain maneuvers, activate belt of battle, 3 charges, full attack + time stands still full attack:
[roll0] for [roll1] + 1 con
[roll2] for [roll3] + 1 con
[roll4] for [roll5] + 1 con
[roll6] for [roll7] + 1 con
[roll8] for [roll9] + 1 con
Recover maneuver as part of the attacks.

Swift - Belt of battle 3 charges

Full round + Time stands still + Switch to Stance of Alacrity

[roll10] for [roll11] + 1 con
[roll12] for [roll13] + 1 con
[roll14] for [roll15] + 1 con
[roll16] for [roll17] + 1 con
[roll18] for [roll19] + 1 con

[roll20] for [roll21] + 1 con
[roll22] for [roll23] + 1 con
[roll24] for [roll25] + 1 con
[roll26] for [roll27] + 1 con
[roll28] for [roll29] + 1 con

Chimaera
2017-08-13, 07:02 PM
From atop his hill, Rakan raise an invisible eyebrow as not only the dragon survived their combined assault but also gave Drak a very painful punishment.

He ponders for a moment if he should defend Drak, kill the dragon or just enjoy the show.
While he think on his course of action, the tornado of mouths keep moving and biting at everyone, dead or alive.

3rd turn. Moving it 10ft north, so that it hit S3, S5, S6, Dd and M4.
Reflexes DC 28 or 31 for those who believe it being real for half damage.
Piercing damage [roll0]
Those who believe it real take 20% extra for: 51
Those who think it isnt real take 90% extra for: 38

He then conjure an orb made of shadows and acid.
"Die already!", he says mentally and blast him from behind.

RTA [roll1] dmg [roll2]
The spell is 80% real on a sucessful Will save DC 25

El'the Ellie
2017-08-17, 12:00 AM
@Drak: Your boots cause you to swivel to face the oncoming charge of the dragonborn, and you run him through as he hacks at you. He's not dead, but he's wounded. Badly. He clutches his bleeding chest and gasps, in a way that makes you think he won't be doing that again.

Then, you become a whirlwind of steel and blades, as you fight through the thicket of the dragon's claws, wings, scales and teeth faster than any eye could follow. You score a gash along his cheek, and a large slice on his underside that causes him to howl in pain and anger. The dragon roars, literally chilling the air around you and freezing your armor. He brings his great ivory claw down to finish you off and...

A glob of acid pops out of his chest, burning a hole through him. He looks down at the head-sized hole through his body and for a moment it looks like he's going to fight through it. Then his wings give out in front of him, and he crashes down on the land, leaving a huge furrow down the side of the hill, and lies still.

@Rakan: The storm picks up speed and intensity, carving down all of the squires still caught within it.

A glittering arrow whizzes by you quite close, and for a moment you think you've been discovered. But it passes by you, striking the rakshasa on the ground and causing her to be illuminated in a silver outline. She gasps as it strikes her in the back.

But only one arrow flies at her: the other goes in the direction of Drak, although it deflects at an odd angle off of his armor.

The other dragonborn shouts at Drak in rage, fully accepting the dragon's downfall. "No! You'll die for that, monster! Gamlueros' life will not be in vain!"

His arching skills match his talk somewhat: his first arrow flies high over your head, but the second and third find their marks. His sword, meanwhile, still carves away inside your growing leg wound.

11 damage and 4 fire damage, and 13 damage and 2 fire damage.

7 damage plus 2 corrosive damage

Then there is the other combatant: the druid's direbear has finally reached you! But unlike the mounted archers, it isn't smart enough to learn the dangers of charging at you.

Readied counterattack against its charge.

It drops its enormous shoulder and hits you like a boulder, smashing into your plate armor with enough force to knock the wind out of you.

62 damage

The woman looks on helplessly as Drak and Rakan take down the dragon. "I... can't reach him in time. He's gone."

"Worry not, we will restore his life when these are dealt with."

She nods, healing the druid with a touch as he runs past her, glancing around with his empowered sight. His eyes eventually lock on Rakan.

Tashtaku pounces on the remaining squire, her claws once more covered in a dark sheet. He manages to survive the assault of her spreading darkness, bit succumbs a moment later, hacking and wheezing from her earlier spell.

From beyond the storm of teeth, the remaining mage fires a golden pearl of energy that erupts in a gout of flame around Tashtaku. She doesn't even try to dodge, just letting it wash over her harmlessly as her natural resistance to spells protects her. "Oh come on, really? You're not very intelligent, huh?"

Round 4
Rakan
Drak
Dragonborn
Tashtaku
Mage
Healer

Tjallen
2017-08-17, 02:11 AM
As the bear charges, Drak pulls his glaive up to meet it's charge.

Upon receiving the attacks Drak pulls upon his training and brings a maneuver normally out of his reach into his repertoire.
Immediately pulling upon the power he brings his glaive down on the bear.

Readied attack: [roll0] for [roll1] + 1 con x2
Swift action to use eternal training to get Strike of Righteous Vitality.

Standard action to use Strike of Righteous Vitality
[roll2] for [roll3] + 1 con, if it hits Drak heals for 170 hp.

If it hits, Drak will back up 40 ft back and 40 ft up.

Chimaera
2017-08-17, 07:51 AM
Rakan watch is grim satisfaction as the noble dragon fall prey from his shadowy tricks. Now all they have to do is to deal with the lesser beings... But which one first? He is about to begin casting a new spell when he watch Drak fumbling and screwing his attack. Could it be that the centuries have made his blade blunt? He wasn't that clumsy back there after all...

With a quick sign of hands and words of power, he twist fate in his ally's favor.

Granting him a reroll on that natural 1, changing it to a [roll0].

Also, OOC uestion: Alter Fortune have a experience cost, so should I just debt it for after the battle and get less or do I go down a level right away? Maybe negative level penalty or something?

"Tashtaku... You're on the way, so you wont mind if I take a quick bite at you, right? I'm sure you taste... Delicious", he says moving the vortex of teeths and mouths her way, biting at the healer, mage and raksasha.

Will DC 28 for Tashtaku to disbelief. Caster level check vs. Tashtaku's SR: [roll1]
Reflexes DC 28 (if she make the Will save) or DC 31 (if she dont make it) for half damage.

Piercing damage [roll2]
The spell deal 90% damage for those who made the Will save for: 41
The spell deal an extra 20% damage for those who failed the Will save for: 55

Also, clarification: the area is a whole sphere, but I painted only half of it so the mage isnt on the border of the spell: he's on the part of the spell I didnt painted. To avoid further confusion, I painted it all now.

Targets: Mage 4, Healer and Tashtaku (friendly fire because otherwise the healer would get away with it).

Smiling at his deeds so far, Rakan look at the druid. Did he just saw me? Oh interesting. Maybe it's time to show him his true power.

Rakan takes a handful of silver dust mixed with blackish soil and chant in Abyssal as the Shadow Plane begin to permeate the Prime, turning the landscape into a nightmarish version of it.

All Shadow spells are maximized and Shadow Evocation/Conjurations are 10% to 30% more real (10% for standart version, 20% to greater version and 30% to Shades spell).
Fire and Light spells are impeded (spellcraft DC 15+spell level or the spell fizzles).

The area of the spell is a 150ft sphere centered on Rakan.

"Welcome to my nightmarish domain, servant of Nature", he greets the druid telepthically.

El'the Ellie
2017-08-19, 09:29 PM
@Drak: You ready against the charging bear and run him through the shoulder. He lets out an angry howl as he swipes at you, slicing you across the chest and leg and raining blood down on the battlefield. Then you strike at him again, attempting to flood yourself with positive energy. For a split second, it seems like your charged strike will miss, but you feel your weapon pull slightly to the side at the last minute, shoving into the creature's side and healing yourself. Then you soar backwards, creating an opening that the dire bear seizes.

46 Damage

But then... it doesn't charge you. It has new prey. Meanwhile the sword within you continues to grind away.

8 Damage plus 6 corrosive damage

The experience cost will take place after the experience gained for this fight.

@Rakan: You drift the whirlwind over to Tashtaku and the others, consuming those left in the valley.

Please... If you think those teeth can bite through my protections, you have a bit more self confidence than is healthy.
How are you guys doing? Need a hand?

And true to her word, she stands in the storm and the teeth and mouths fly around her. They do not fly around the others though, but rather slice through them. The mage far away is cut through, and falls to the ground. The healer woman still stands, but barely. She looks to the druid, as if ready to run.

"Eatu, what do we do?"

"Hold fast. I am about to end this."

And then with a silent twisting of colors and reality, the bubble around you all inverts its colors, and becomes part of the plane of shadows as well. All color has leeched out of this place: nothing but eerie shades of black and white. There is still grass on the hill, but it is of some alien pale white species. Up above, a starless night sky glares down on you all like a void. This is truly home for Rakan.

The land is unfamiliar and uncomfortable to the dragonborn and their steeds but not directly harmful, and so they fire again at Drak. One of them seems to have tremendous difficulty adjusting to the new domain, and all three of his arrows just barely graze Drak's armor. The other one is more successful, landing a slice along the tiefling's inside elbow and knee. Just as before, they cover you in a silver sheen.

10 damage and 12 damage

Tashtaku steps up and pounces on the healer even as she repairs the wounds she suffered in the vortex. For a moment the two of them are locked in a struggle, before the human woman manages to get away and mends her most grievous wounds in a shimmering gold light: the only color in this black and white landscape. She wheezes and coughs, afflicted by whatever spell Tashtaku has been employing on the other mages.

Meanwhile the druid, Eatu glares daggers at Rakan. The only horror here will be your own. There is nothing that I can see that Usline cannot strike down! And we have finally sniffed you out.

"Usline, look! Through my eyes: the gnome."

He makes an arcane gesture and chants, as Usline and one of the griffon riders move with incredible haste, just like Drak did a moment ago. The huge bear comes charging towards Rakan! He crashes his full immense weight into the gnome despite his invisibility, whacking the Shadow Caller with a big grizzly paw and sending you head over heels in the sky, then again knocking you down a few feet.

Eatu casts Mass Snake's Swiftness.

50 damage, and 48 damage

Drak is hit for 12 damage.

Round 5
Rakan
Drak
Dragonborn
Tashtaku
Healer

Tjallen
2017-08-23, 05:00 AM
"We're going to have quite the feast tonight: Bear, Dragon AND man." Drak once again alights with unholy flames as he charges the bear, as he tears into the bears he channels his force of will to allow Rakan to move with astounding swiftness, almost copying the same maneuver he himself used earlier.

Doom Charge + Full power attack (Ac is now 9) and then White raven tactics on Rakan.

If any of the attacks hit Drak gets dr 10/- until his next turn
[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] + 1 con

[roll3] for [roll4] + [roll5] + 1 con

[roll6] for [roll7] + [roll8] + 1 con

[roll9] for [roll10] + [roll11] + 1 con

[roll12] for [roll13] + [roll14] + 1 con

Chimaera
2017-08-23, 01:47 PM
The bear advance on Rakan almost split the frail gnome in two splashing dark blood all over the grim landscape, as Rakan grit his teeth and manage to smile.

"So you finnaly managed to pierce my veil? Great!", he shout to the druid, "It's been a long time since I had this much fun".

Trusting on Drak to slay the ferocious boar, he turn his back to the druid's companion and gaze at the druid.
"Abandon all hope", he says as the air crackles arounds the Shadow Caller's hands and three black butterflies begin flying around him, "Your body is old and weak, so I'll just keep your soul as a memento, your bear's however...", he says as he hear the bear succumbing to Drak's savage atatck, "Will make a create a great undead pet".

He walks northeast and point his finger to the druid and take on an archer's stance, drawing an invisible bowstring and shooting the butterflies towards him, each one turning into a black lightning bolt.

Caster level 21th. 90% real if disbelieve (Will save DC 26)
RTA [roll0] for maxed 10d6 damage for 60 damage (or 54 if disbelieved) Critical!
RTA [roll1] for maxed 10d6 damage for 60 damage (or 54 if disbelieved)
RTA [roll2] for maxed 10d6 damage for 60 damage (or 54 if disbelieved)

Should any kill him before all go, the others will go to the mage (medium range for 310ft range).

The hungry mouths and teeth move a few feet away, so as to stop gnawing at Tashtaku and keep eating the mage's flesh.

Piercing damage [roll3]

Will DC 28 to disbelief.
Reflexes DC 28 (if he make the Will save) or DC 31 (if she dont make it) for half damage.

If not disblieved, the spell deal 20% extra damage (72).
If disbelieved, the spell deal only 90% damage (54).

"Thanks for the help, Drak", he says as he feel the morale boost rushing into him and evoke a gigantic hand made of shadows to grapple one of the archers.

Using the extra turn to cast Rakan's Shadow Grasping Hand.
Attack: [roll4] grapple check [roll5] Natural 1 attack fail

It's caster level is 23th

El'the Ellie
2017-08-31, 09:22 AM
@Drak: You charge the tremendous Usline, full of hellish power and fury, and spear the unsuspecting creature through the neck. After struggling for a moment, it finally succumbs and tumbles down to the hillside.

For the first time, the druid looks truly afraid as his friend falls. "Usline! No!" He turns towards the woman. "Get out of here, send word to Onos--"

Then he gasps as Rakan's bolt of shadow pierces him. And then another, as his blackened body collapses on the ground. The woman begins to scramble away down the hillside, but when Rakan's last shot hits her, she goes tumbling a few feet down the hillside and remains there, motionless.

@Rakan: You summon a massive hand of shadows and command it to grab one of the dragonborn off their steed, but his mount quickly ducks around it.

The two dragonborn exchange a look, and possibly a few mental words, before turning their mounts and shooting off in opposite directions: one to the North and the other to the West.

Meanwhile, the sword in Drak serves as a grim reminder of their presence.
5 damage and 3 Corrosive damage

At this point the fight is over. You're free to chase one or both of the dragonborn, but if you do we'll handle that out of combat. Keep in mind they're travelling on some very quick flying mounts.

Tjallen
2017-08-31, 04:08 PM
Picking the sword out of his side, Drak looks to Rakan:
"Fighting like this sure gets the blood flowing, eh Rakan? It does make me miss Soph and Illu though, they would have turned this into even more of a slaughter."

Chimaera
2017-08-31, 07:46 PM
Rakan watch as the drqgonborns cower and flee from their combined powers.

"Let them spread the word", he says to.no one in particular and walk towards the dead dragon. What a noble creature. Rakan wonders what twisted mockery he'll turn it to and, without the proper preparation, decides to keep it as a souvenir for now.

He touches the dragon's head and shrink it, pocketing it away.

Being a dead body count as object as far as I'm aware. It will be held in stasis to avoid decaying.

"Well", he resumes his visibility and end the shadow bublle and his many teeths, "This party is over. Those two will probably look for reinforces somewhere. But where? Tashtaku", he call her out, "Any good aligned city around this side of the world? Where they may be headed to?"

Not wanting to overstay in this bloody hills, he begins to look for magical items and spellbooks among the dead, "Let's pick any magical trinkets we can to found our future army", he says carefreely looking around the dead bodies for goodies, "And which one looks the strongest? The raptoran maybe?"

Looking for magical stuff to loot, gold, etc.

Also looking for some strong looking warrior to turn into an undead servant.

Tjallen
2017-09-02, 08:45 AM
"They all look weak, the dragon and the bear was probably the strongest of these... people" Drak snorts before landing and gathering the corpses into a pile, stripping them of any gear that looks vaguely useful.

El'the Ellie
2017-09-07, 02:05 PM
@Rakan: With a powerful invocation, you shrink the once-proud silver dragon down to the size of a house cat and stuff it away for future necromantic acts. Then, you and Drak turn your attention to the bodies strewn before you, and any useful items they might have had on them. What you find is a small fortune for your efforts.

First, the squires, slaughtered by the storm of teeth and cut down by Tashtaku
6x +1 Longswords
6x Composite (+1 Strength) Masterwork Longbows
6x Masterwork Chainmail

2,400 gp

Then the mages and healer, who met similar fates.
2x Headband of Intellect +2
1x Periapt of Wisdom +4
5x Ring of Protection +2
1x Ring of Protection +3
5x Vest of Resistance +2
1x Vest of Resistance +4
4x Spellbooks (containing a variety of spells, none of which is above 6th level)
1x Amulet of Retributive Healing
2x Scroll of Teleport
2x Scroll of Heal
2x Scroll of Freedom of Movement
5x Scroll of Message

6,400 gp
2,000 gp worth of Diamonds and diamond dust

There is the raptoran, shot down before he had much of a chance to act.

1x +1 Composite (+4) Magebane Collision Longbow
10x +1 Arrows of Slaying (Outsider)
1x +2 Mithril Deathward Chainmail
1x Amulet of Natural Armor +3
Greater Bracers of Archery

5,500 gp

The dragon, Gamlueros, didn't carry possessions on him, but many human-sized ones fell off when he changed form:

1x +2 Adamantine Fullplate
1x +1 Icy Collision Longsword
1x +2 Light Fortification towershield
1x Cloak of Resistance +4

10,600 gp

Like Gamlueros, Usline did not carry physical items on himself. However, his master did.

+3 Deathward Darkwood Breastplate
+4 Periapt of Wisdom
1x Ring of Friend Shield
1x Cloak of Resistance +3
1x Clear Spindle Ioun Stone

3,400 gp

Eatu also has a pair of interesting things on him: a thin book written in druidic and glowing with faint magical energy, and a scroll of Word of Recall. The latter is already attuned... somewhere. It would be impossible to tell where it goes without casting it or some kind of powerful divine magic.

Then of course, there is the sword that was left in Drak.

+1 Fleshgrinding corrosive shortsword

Tashtaku seems to be picking through the corpses as well though she goes more slowly, limping from her wounds and pausing over each body as if saying a prayer. She turns the druid's book over curiously in her hands before throwing it on the pile you all make of the things. Each of the slain also has the mundane items you might expect as well: water skins, food rations, spell component pouches for some, ropes, lanterns and oil for the others, and so on.

"Some of these things could be worth a small fortune if we get to a place to sell it. Erm, that is... Do you guys even care about earthly possessions any more?"

The rakshasa thinks over Rakan's words for a moment. "Maybe... The most logical place for them to fly to is Onos, but that's at least a thousand miles away, maybe more. The only real civilization I can think of on this continent that has ties to the rest of the cultured world is Ixat'ni, down in the South East. Honestly I have no idea where they might be going. They could have friends nearby, or know of some other division of the Onosian army that would shelter them, but they looked like rangers: they're notorious for living off the land.

What are you planning on doing with that dragon, Rakan?"

Chimaera
2017-09-07, 05:42 PM
"Meh. Let them escape with their precious lives for now", Rakan watch as they make a pile of loot and a pile of corpses, slowly calculating how muc they got in spoils of war, "Were can we sell all this stuff? Mostly arent bad, but aren't that great at all".

He then look at one of the squires and order him isolated from the pile.
"This one will come with us", he says and open his bag looking for some arcane components, "As for the dragon: I didnt prepared the spell I plan on casting on him so tomorrow I'll take it to a dark place and turn him into a mockery of what he represented in life".

He leave the poor squire facing the sky and a rusted blade over his chest. Sitting on the grass, Rakan begin to intone some dark rites for ten minutes but ordering in Abyssal for him to raise as his servant.

XP cost: 250 XP per HD

He become an undead.
HD: become d12s
Abilities: +4 Str, -6 Int (to a minimum 3), -4 Cha (minimum 3).
Skills: retain his skills and gains a +4 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Spot checks.
Feats: retain all feats but lose any he doesnt qualify anymore.
Attacks: cant use ranged weapons anymore (thrown weapons are possible, but the total attack roll become +0).

Rakan walk to the pile of loot and take some out as he handle the undead, "Here, dress those".

+2 Adamantine Fullplate
+1 Icy Collision Longsword
+2 Light Fortification towershield
Ring of Friend Shield (linking with Rakan)
+4 Cloak of Resistance
+3 Ring of Protection
+4 Periapt of Wisdom
+2 Headband of Intellect

If Drak or Tashtaku want any of the above items, he'll pick something else (priority bing the players and the NPC, then the undead).

"Once we find a place to sell those, we take it back from him".

Tjallen
2017-09-08, 05:36 AM
Drak starts moving the corpses unused into the portable hole: "If they are of a decent quality they can be useful, none of this junk is anything more than pretty baubles to barter with though, although the arrows could be useful if we ever get another crusade mounted against us."

As he finishes he picks up the dwarf: "I expect you to start writing about this at once,if you won't I'll have to find someone that will."