PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next How to use Word to create D&D-style documents

zeek0
2017-07-17, 03:27 AM
Where I live the internet speed isn't good enough to create homebrew on the Homebrewery. I'm sure that it's great, but it does look a little complicated. Anyhow, I've started to create D&D-style documents using Word.

Here's some Word Templates that I worked up for others to use. I *think* that I set it so that the fonts are included with the files, but I can't be sure (Google Docs displays it as if the fonts aren't there). *Please* let me know if the fonts are included in the Word documents. Also, I'd appreciate feedback about the clarity of the templates.

PHB-style Word Template (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxfCiPA2FPFAZXJLQmhmQllSX1k/view?usp=sharing)

DMG-style Word Template (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxfCiPA2FPFARWpHQ0pFVGJPYTg/view?usp=sharing)

And, if it seems to be necessary: D&D-style fonts (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxfCiPA2FPFAbC1ac2NGSnRSaE0?usp=sharing)

Next, I'll be putting up a guide for how to edit images in GIMP to be similar to the PHB - keep your eyes peeled!

zeek0
2017-07-18, 04:10 PM
Hey! I'm going to bump this, and I have a single request: download a Word template, and see if the fonts are included in the document. Then let me know!

Thanks!

JeffreyGator
2017-07-20, 06:38 PM
Hey! I'm going to bump this, and I have a single request: download a Word template, and see if the fonts are included in the document. Then let me know!

Thanks!

I tried downloading and it looked great until I enabled editing. It changed all the titles to a font with greek letters and changing that to a normal font ended up with rectangles/squares instead of letters. :(

zeek0
2017-07-20, 11:18 PM
I tried downloading and it looked great until I enabled editing. It changed all the titles to a font with greek letters and changing that to a normal font ended up with rectangles/squares instead of letters. :(

Hrm. Do me a favor- install the fonts. I want to know if that will clear up the problem.

redwizard007
2017-07-21, 08:11 PM
Hrm. Do me a favor- install the fonts. I want to know if that will clear up the problem.

Are we sure you are not a Russian hacker? This seems an awfully easy way to get malware onto someone's computer.

zeek0
2017-07-21, 11:57 PM
Are we sure you are not a Russian hacker? This seems an awfully easy way to get malware onto someone's computer.

Long live Putin!... Long live Trump! ... No, errrrr...

Capitalism does not divorce a worker from their labor! The bourgeoisie are the rightful owners of the means of production!

Comrades Y'all, Russia wouldn't 'hack' anybody. The logic of communism is all they will ever need to bring about their inevitable global hegemony.

(I promise that I'm not hackin' your computer!)

Deleted
2017-07-22, 08:41 AM
Long live Putin!... Long live Trump! ... No, errrrr...

Capitalism does not divorce a worker from their labor! The bourgeoisie are the rightful owners of the means of production!

Comrades Y'all, Russia wouldn't 'hack' anybody. The logic of communism is all they will ever need to bring about their inevitable global hegemony.

(I promise that I'm not hackin' your computer!)

If we actually taxed robots as workers, capitalism could actually divorce a majority of people from labor and we could support people going into less menial jobs and we would still get our tax revenue.

zeek0
2017-07-22, 10:41 AM
If we actually taxed robots as workers, capitalism could actually divorce a majority of people from labor and we could support people going into less menial jobs and we would still get our tax revenue.

But then the robots might get uppity, what with being taxed without representation. And the last thing we want is a gearhead with the vote.

(In seriousness, I'd just like to know if this works after you install the internet prions D&D-style fonts. Let me know!)