PDA

View Full Version : DM Help How much Produce do buildings create? (Dnd 3.5 / PF)

NapazTrix
2017-07-17, 10:27 AM
For buildings like Sawmills, farms, mines etc, how much in lbs or gold value do they produce per day? In Kingmaker or ultimate campaign it just really gives me values like Unrest or BP to put into equations for kingdoms.

It's more for a smaller base, for a player group to control, with barely any civilians, more as a place to harvest the land, craft and improve their gear.

It would help if I knew what buildings could produce what type of supplies, how much the building can produce on its own and how much each additional worker allows the building to create.

For example, 1 worker in a sawmill makes 10lbs of wood per day.

Florian
2017-07-17, 10:40 AM
Wrong section in Ultimate Campaign. Look up the "Downtime" rules.

NapazTrix
2017-07-17, 11:27 AM
Wrong section in Ultimate Campaign. Look up the "Downtime" rules.

That is what I am referencing, Goods and BP.

The choice for Gold doesn't seem to take into account the buildings or what is given to whom. Unskilled work is 5sp per day, is that to the player or the worker. It then goes on to talk about untrained laborer or assistant earns 1 sp per day. Where is the money going, what is their crafted work's worth.

How many people can use a building, or use it optimally etc.

TheYell
2017-07-17, 02:09 PM
MILL ROOM description applies to sawmill as well as flour mill. Says its 8 gp or Goods per day. You need to decide what powers the mill and build additionally as required.

Doesn't say how many people are in it. I believe one-man mills are possible.

In the Downtime Rules there are lists of basic room types with that information given for each room.

Florian
2017-07-18, 01:04 AM
That is what I am referencing, Goods and BP.

The choice for Gold doesn't seem to take into account the buildings or what is given to whom. Unskilled work is 5sp per day, is that to the player or the worker. It then goes on to talk about untrained laborer or assistant earns 1 sp per day. Where is the money going, what is their crafted work's worth.

How many people can use a building, or use it optimally etc.

I think you should read the complete instructions on how downtime works.

Basically, you assemble a Building from Rooms. Rooms influence the output of your facility, as well as giving you the data how many persons and what type youŽll need.

You then go through the 4 downtime phases: 1) Upkeep, 2) Activity, 3) Income, 4) Events.

"Produktion Rooms" need skilled labor (and give a number how many can work a room at a time), "Auxiliary Rooms" need unskilled labor and the overall facility needs a manager.
During the Upkeep phase, you tally up the costs of the facility and the necessary wages. The rooms give you a number of gp, goods, and so on representing the raw material needed.

The Income phase is then based on skill checks, mainly Craft or Profession, modified by the bonus the rooms and overall building gives on the check, again modified by the skill check for the manager.
The output is again expressed in gp, goods and so on.

At that point, youŽve got three numbers: Cost of your workers, cost of the raw material, worth of your output. Now you can, as an additional step, calculate your actual production based on these values.
YouŽre in the business of creating and selling sledges? Then a business generating 10 Goods (equals 100 gp) would create 100gp/1gp = 100 sledges a month.

Sagetim
2017-07-18, 09:07 AM
And if you need poundage more than value, you can figure that out from the value. Firewood (bulk wood) has a cost of something like 1 copper piece to 20 pounds, so 8 gold nets you 800 copper pieces, multiple 800 by 20, and you wind up with 16000 pounds of wood, or 8 tons. That's not a bad output for a mill, and while there are probably specifics that are going to get in your way here (did you have to pay for the trees that go in to be processed, where did those come from, what format of wood is coming out of the production line, is it worth more because it's planks, etc) you can still use it as a rough estimate for things and if you're okay with that number, move on with your live instead of worrying about the particulars quite that much.

Also, I would assume that a lumber mill requires more than one person to operate safely, since, even with mechanical assistance, you have to move trees through it to get them cut and what have you. I would assume a lumber mill would need at least four people to operate it safely, probably 5 (four on tree duty to provide the log with stability at it's corners, possibly more along the trunk for larger trees, and one more to operate the machinery and ensure it gets the power ceased if someone gets their arm stuck or what have you).

And a grain mill is probably going to need at least three guys for safe operations, one to load the grinder and two more to keep an eye on things/trade off with the grinder so that if things go poorly, one of them can run for more help and the other can try and keep the guy from dying immediately (if, say, something breaks and the grinder gets pinned, for example).