PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about making a female Drow... might need some guidance...

CrackedChair
2017-07-17, 12:37 PM
So among the Drow, the women are most valuable due to the fact they are the only ones that can become clerics to Lolth. I thought I'd put an interesting twist on this...

My Drow character might be a Cleric, but she lost prior memories of being as such, and finds herself being a cleric of another faith, a Good aligned deity, maybe an elf deity. This could be due to some event, maybe a raid on some town where she gets lost, and *somehow* loses her prior memories of being an underdark inhabitant or even a priestess of Lolth. This alone could lead to a huge shock to her if she does find out about her past.

But how can I nail something like this down?

Aett_Thorn
2017-07-17, 12:43 PM
((Casts Guidance)) There you go!

Now, for the serious stuff...I would check out Eilistraee. She's a Drow goddess, but one of good-aligned Drow and outcasts, who wants the Drow to return to "the light". She would be a serious contender for something like this. Maybe have your character find some sort of shrine to her that she was supposed to destroy, but then the goddess wiped your character's memories, and decided to take your character under her wing and try to use you against Lolth.

Strawberry Crea
2017-10-10, 04:40 PM
((Casts Guidance)) There you go!

Now, for the serious stuff...I would check out Eilistraee. She's a Drow goddess, but one of good-aligned Drow and outcasts, who wants the Drow to return to "the light". She would be a serious contender for something like this. Maybe have your character find some sort of shrine to her that she was supposed to destroy, but then the goddess wiped your character's memories, and decided to take your character under her wing and try to use you against Lolth.
Not something she would do. Eileistrae is not like that.
But welcoming a new drow follower, she would, indeed.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-10, 04:57 PM
Why didnt anyone tell 5e about Eileistrae what are her dominions id play a drow pladin of Eileistrae

Easy_Lee
2017-10-10, 04:59 PM
Maybe your character is an albino / victim of permanent alter self: skin color drow and neither she nor the surface elves that raised her knew of her heritage. Eilistraee knew but didn't care.

Spiderguy24
2017-10-10, 05:00 PM
If I remember correctly, Drow are notorious for being backstabbers even among their own people. Maybe your character is betrayed by a group of Drow lead by another Priestess while on a mission. She manages to escape the attack, but takes a blow to the head that gives her amnesia. Now one of two things could happen. One, she manages to come across an altar of Eileistrae and the goddess helps her in exchange for making her a follower. Or two, she is rescued by a group of Eileistrae worshipers that nurse her back to health and she willingly joins them after being read the Eileistrae gospel.

Unoriginal
2017-10-10, 05:03 PM
This thread is three month old, why the necro?

Millstone85
2017-10-10, 05:15 PM
Why didnt anyone tell 5e about Eileistrae what are her dominions id play a drow pladin of EileistraeLight and Nature, as per the SCAG page 23.

Spiderguy24
2017-10-10, 05:36 PM
This thread is three month old, why the necro?
Why not? There are worse things to necro.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-10, 05:48 PM
Why not? There are worse things to necro.

Dragons definitely

Irennan
2017-10-11, 04:08 AM
Why didnt anyone tell 5e about Eileistrae what are her dominions id play a drow pladin of Eileistrae

Eilistraee is in 5e, just not in the PHB, because she's specific to the FR drow (she's in the SCAG, as she is one of the goddesses who re-emerged in Faerun during the Sundering). Officially, as others pointed out, her domains are Nature and Light. Ed Greenwood, her creator, suggested to also add Life to that list. The Oath of the Ancients is perfect for her. If you read that Oaths, it has *a lot* in common with the teachings of Eilistraee.