PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Amulet of Tymora (Loosli, nid läse)

Razuchee
2017-07-18, 04:06 AM
So, One of my players found an amulet of Tymora and, in his foolishness, decided to wear it.

We mostly forgot it until last session, where it saved his life. I just ruled he had to pass a straight up DC 11 check (50/50). He got it and something good happened, sanctuary saved his barbaric ass. Although I don't dislike this approach, it just feels like the amulet does too little (although atm it does not require attunement). Sure, luck is not a consistent effect, but I think as a CG goddess Tymora surely manipulates luck for her devotees (he still has to become a true follower though) and sometimes teases them just for the heck of it.

I first thought about giving him 1 luck point, like the lucky feat gives three, but that just seemed so super generic. I also don't like the idea of giving him something with charges, as that is not really increasing his 'luck'.

I tinkered with the idea of giving him certain benefits/blunders, like being more liked by people, randomly receiving gifts, sometimes getting attacked by lots of cats, depending how often he revered Tymora.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you, as a DM, solve this with some sort of mechanic?

qube
2017-07-18, 04:29 AM
Tymora? Hmm ...

When you fumble, reroll the attack, but with a d12 instead of a d20.
On a hit, luck is on your side (the arrow bounces of the wall, and still hitting the enemy).

on another 1, you hit an ally.
(if you already play that fumbles hurt allies, a 1 on the d12 crits an ally instead)

(+ simelar rules for social skills and such: you could accidently call someone ugly, but instead of getting mad, the person thanks you for your honesty - turning a failed attempt of diplomacy into a success)