PDA

View Full Version : IIWWGOGTTPYUWIAD? IC 1 (Wake Up, Go To School, Be Murderhobos)

roko10
2017-07-18, 10:27 AM
DUNGEON 1, SCENE 1: HUMBLE BEGINNINGS

It's the second week after summer vacation, and most students in your chemistry class (maybe including you, maybe not) are already starting to count down the days before the next vacation. Maybe it's because they think school is unbelievably banal, maybe it's because they miss all the free time; either way, they're pining for another vacation.

Of course, it also doesn't help that your chemistry teacher ended up being the infamous Mr. Berg Bellsen, which would make even the most exciting subjects in the world unbearably dull for even the most enthousaistic of nerds. One student even managed to fall asleep during one of his lessons. In the grand span of five minutes.

Fortunately, Mr. Bellsen is finally letting you do an experiment, which basically means that you're given an experiment to fulfil (though doing it is entirely up to you, because Bellsen is apathetic to his students), and otherwise left to your own devices. Unfortunately, the experiment is something boring involving precipitation reactions and some other dry chemistry stuff that probably doesn't include any explosions. Whee.

Fortunately for you guys specifically, there's something entirely else that makes this lesson a net positive; Dwilla. Whether you just want to hang out with her or want to be more then just friends with her, you find her fun to be around. Heck, you even managed to get work stations nearby her and Eli (way to go, man), just so that you can interact with her some more.

Mr. Bellsen has finally finished his long-winded explanation of the experiment, and is now getting behind his computer to look at god-knows-what. What do you do now?

NOTE: These are suggestions or possible actions. You can do something else entirely. Just know that I can alter the Difficulty or VP gain to lower or higher numbers entirely by base of how likely this action is succeed and/or appeal.
Skill: Just do the experiment as it is. Albeit perfectly so. VP+2
Allure: Screw this lesson, just try to have a good time with Dwilla. VP +2
Conflict: You serious? You're in a lab with a bunch of weird chemicals! Someone can get seriously hurt or blinded, and it's going to be on you! (Kudos if you actually manage to pull it off, though.
Luck (I'm like 90% sure nobody will pick this due to 75% of the players having Luck as their weak roll, but eh): Accidentally mix a concotion that not only somehow fulills the experiment entirely, but also is way, way flashier and cooler to look at. Unopposed d8 (because seriously, how else are you going to contest against this kind of stupidly pure luck?), VP +4.

The Luck rolls not only determine the lucky one who gets to be partners with Dwilla (BTW, Eli, you get a +1 bonus to all rolls!), but also how lenient your partners are going to be. Mytie's partner is the type of person that want to get at least some work done, but also doesn't care for much more (-1 to Skill rolls since impressing someone that's not directly next to you with a non-flashy science project is kind of hard, but no bonus or malus for any other rolls), but John and Thea's are stick-in-the-mud, "no fun allowed" types that take everything super seriously. (-1 to all rolls for you both.)

TL;DR:
Eli: +1 to all rolls for this scene.
Mytie: -1 to Skill rolls for this scene
John & Thea: -1 to all rolls for this scene.

JNAProductions
2017-07-18, 11:37 AM
Hi, Dwilla says when she gets partnered up with Eli. You're Eli, right? It's nice to meet you. Although I'm pretty sure we've met before, just... Not very much, you know? Anyway, let's get started!

Necroticplague
2017-07-18, 09:00 PM
Mytie's been finding chemistry to been pretty easy so far. Blah blah period's, groups, blah, atomic size. She's definitely primed to go when the lab starts. She starts out following the instructions, but she feels a surge of energy as she she decides to go fro broke: she's sure something can make this precipitate, and something more interesting as a side effect. To her parter "Hold on, I've got this, you can relax.". Of course, that's just manic bravado, she barely bothered following any instructions.
-1 Weak Luck,+2 Thawing Out, +2 Poker Face, +2 Overclock

TheRedFox201
2017-07-19, 12:24 AM
John is the kinda guy who asked his 8th grade teacher if any of them will actually use Algebra in life, and was told 'Well the smart ones will.'
He agreed, and feels that way about chemistry as well. Most of it is useless to him, but... It has given him an opportunity to socialize. If only he can convince his partner to help him look skilled and professional. Perhaps he can make a deal.
John goes to ask his jobber lab partner a bit of a personal question.
"Hey, Kid. You get picked on by anyone? I have a deal you and I can make. I'm sure you do, after all you're so collected and task focused, like me, but you lack my certain... Presence."*John accentuates this note by unbending his lab-stool leg which was annoyingly allowing it to rock back and forth.* "Now you and me get this lab done quick easy and clean, but Impressively, and I'll have a little discussion with anyone who's not such a big fan of my new friend. Or, I could give you a lesson in teamwork later, out of class. Your choice Buddy."

This will be my attempt at earning those delicious Kudos points.
Strong Conflict +1, Terrifying Presence +2, This stick in the mud's general attitude -1. Will roll over in OOC so I can preview this post, as each one I've previewed has had issues with such.

Aardvark 001
2017-07-19, 03:16 AM
Thea looks at all the stoppered bottles impassively. Inside, however, she's seething. Precipitation reactions? Bellsen obviously has no clue what he's meant to be teaching us. She sighs.

Still, that's not what was really annoying her. She'd been hoping to get partnered with that new girl. Instead she had to make do with the table next to hers. Well. I suppose I'll have to find some other way to make the lesson more... interesting.

She smiles as she remembers that she has some sugar in her bag, taken from the school canteen. And there was a bottle of sulphuric acid just sitting there too. Well, now she just needed to get her partner to go along with it, which didn't seem too likely. What was the name again?

She turns to her partner. Hello. I'm Theodora. We haven't really spoken before, have we? Ooh that's a nice lab coat. She steps forwards and runs her hands over the collar and down the front of the coat. Then she flashes a rare smile and pulls away. Well, let's get this underway. The first step is to get the Bunsen burner going. You do that and I'll gather the reactants.

Neutral Allure
-1 from my partner
+2 Poker face

It now occurs to me that Graceful would have been perfect here :smallannoyed:

ElFi
2017-07-19, 08:22 AM
"Yeah, we've definitely met before at some point!" Eli replies in earnest, rocking back and forth on his lab stool. "You must be in another of my classes or something! We can...we can study together sometime! Or something!"Almost independently of the ongoing conversation, Eli's hands start moving over the lab table, grabbing vials and turning on equipment. This experiment was pretty Layman's by his standards, he'd already done it at home a few months ago for fun (though not without a thorough verbal lambasting from Mom about "almost burning down the house" or something). "This experiment's pretty boring, but chemistry is pretty fun! At least I think so. I hope you do too."

Skill roll.

Strong Skill (+1), sitting next to Dwilla (+1), Honor Student bonus to academics (+2), for a +4 bonus overall.

roko10
2017-07-19, 09:34 AM
Necrotic: Veto using Poker Face, as it isn't lying per se as you throwing all caution to the wind and overconfidently stating that it's going to be all right. [roll0] VS d8
ElFi: [roll1] VS [roll2]
Aardvark: [roll3] VS d4
RedFox: [roll4] VS d5 (+2 VP)

Mytie: Failure. You did manage to create a concoction, all right. It's just that it doesn't complete the experiment in the slightest. To add insult to injury, there's still no explosion or anything that would make the lesson more interesting.

Eli: Success. You round off the experiment perfectly. That's not hyperbole. You literally pulled everything off perfectly.

Thea: Success. Your lab partner unwittingly goes along with your zany scheme, allowing you to do something that's obviously not the experiment but (probably) would be very, very awesome.

John: Success. Despite some grumbling and reluctance from your lab partner, he does end up doing most of the work -and making you look good whilst doing it.

Eli +2

Thea +2

John +2

JNAProductions
2017-07-19, 11:45 AM
I dunno, I'm not huge on chemistry. I prefer physics-less memorization in that. Admittedly, Dwilla says, the experiments are pretty neat.

Necroticplague
2017-07-21, 04:40 PM
Mytie looks at the boring, and unproductive fizzle on her lab table. "Correction: I thought I knew what I was doing."

JNAProductions
2017-07-21, 06:05 PM
Dwilla smiles as she and Eli work on the experiment. Thanks for helping with this-I can be a bit slow on chemistry sometimes.

ElFi
2017-07-21, 09:51 PM
"It's totally cool. I can understand why you wouldn't like this stuff. My dad says it hurts his brain when I try to talk about it at dinner." Eli's hands flew over the experiment as they unplugged wires and disposed of chemicals. "But... you seem like you like it, sorta! I know, I know it's not really that interesting. Not on a high school level, anyway." He shrugs helplessly as he finishes putting away the experiment materials. "What can you do, ya know?"

TheRedFox201
2017-07-21, 10:45 PM
John gives a look to his 'new buddy'. "Knew you had the right spirit. You won't have to worry about a thing." John then looks at the clock to see how much free time to chat he actually has.

Aardvark 001
2017-07-27, 08:16 AM
The guy blushes as Thea runs her fingers over his chest. It's actually quite funny. 'Er... thanks,' he says as Thea presses closer to him. 'I'm Sam. I... I mean, I like yours too. Your coat, I mean! Not your...' He stops. 'Ahem. Bunsen burner. Got it.' He moves away quickly and starts setting it up.

Thea grins. Maybe this arrangement wasn't as bad as she'd thought. She grabs an empty beaker and empties the sugar from her bag into it, mixing in a bit of sodium bicarb. Then she takes a bottle of concentrated sulphuric acid and pours a bit into a small test tube before returning to her partner.

Sam doesn't even notice the equipment, still apparently fixated on his partner. 'I got the Bunsen burner started,' he says.

Excellent, Thea says. She clamps the acid over the flame and tips in the sugar-bicarb mixture. The mixture starts bubbling slightly, then turns a deep yellow.

'Are you sure it's meant to be doing that?' Thea ignores Sam and just smiles. With a whiff of sulphur, the mixture turns black and starts to rise from the tube like some strange tar monster.

roko10
2017-07-27, 11:08 PM
END SCENE 1

Despite them literally having every opportunity to just mess around instead of actually doing the experiment, most of your classmates seemed to do their experiments. Some did peek from Eli and/or gawked at the growing tar monstrosity that Thea made, but otherwise? Model students.

Well, model-ish. After some students have finished the experiment, they decided to use the spare time to synthetize Coca Cola from only the provided materials. As you may expect, this ended up poorly.

The bell rings, signalling the end of this class, and more importantly, the end of classes for today. Like most students, you went straight out of class and into extracurriculars and/or home....

...that is, until you heard something from the intercom.

"Would Theodora Vandemeer, Elijah Mendez, Mytie Tanium, Dwalia... Dwilla... Dwilla Bright(?), and John... John... Captain John from the football team kindly come to the principal's office?"

Huh. That's weird. Why you? You are pretty sure that you didn't do anything that would net you a visit to the principal (at least, not yet...). You're also pretty sure that that wasn't the principal talking on the intercom.

On the other hand, if that is the principal who's just messing with his students like usual, you're in for a world of trouble if you don't go to his office.

What do you do?

TheRedFox201
2017-07-27, 11:47 PM
"I can see why they'd call me in, but those other names aren't the right type. Might be one of those 'random' drug tests. Just pick people they know have no possibility of being druggies. Actually, given my performance on the field, they might honestly expect me. I'm talking a lot out in the hall. John sees one of his defensive linemen. "Hey! Anderson, you hear the intercom?" "Yeah, we'll handle things without you." "Yeah, tell coach if he didn't bother listening." "Sure thing." "Can't believe they'd call me out now. Guess I've got to put this back." John puts his football equipment back in his locker, before deciding to report to the office, more out of curiosity than respect for the principal's authority.

JNAProductions
2017-07-28, 10:29 AM
Oh. I hope nothing's wrong, Dwilla says to herself. She then asks someone nearby where exactly the principal's office is, and upon getting directions, heads off for it, nervously.

Necroticplague
2017-07-28, 10:36 AM
Mytie's heart sunk as she heard her name, the switch beginning to flip to now, she takes a moment to steady herself as she prepares for whatever may come her way and wordlessly heads towards the principal's office, her mind going throughout the day to see what she might have done wrong.

Aardvark 001
2017-07-30, 08:50 AM
Thea groans internally. What was it this time? The experiment hadn't been that bad. Besides, at least she'd livened up the class a bit. She perks up slightly. Still, at least Dwilla was called up as well. She heads towards the principal's office, eager to see what the summons are about.

ElFi
2017-07-30, 10:09 AM
Eli trotted along in the direction of the principal's office, worry clearly creased along his brow. Aw, geez, what had he done this time? Mom and Dad were going to freak out when they found out he had gotten in trouble for... wait a minute, had he actually done anything wrong? What exactly was going on here?

roko10
2017-07-30, 10:54 PM
DUNGEON 1, SCENE 2: THIRTEEN REASONS WHY (YOU SHOULDN'T LET A STRANGER INTO YOUR OFFICE)

You all went to the Principal's office, as was expected of you. Unexpectedly, though, the door to it is open wide, allowing you to just walk into it.

Into one of the messiest scenes that you have ever seen.

There's documents strewn all over the floor, and the normally immaculate cabinets filled with said documents are half empty. And one of the cabinets just straight-up fell over. There's a distinct smell of burning, and the clock is going haywire.

Behind the cluttered desk is the "principal", though he's currently facing away from you in his fancy office chair. Probably clasping his hands or something stupid like that.

What do you do?

No actions yet. They will be given later on in the scene, unless any of you do something that warrants a roll right now.

TheRedFox201
2017-07-30, 11:53 PM
John looks at the collection of less than physically imposing classmates and decides to take the initiative. He steps into the office, cautiously. "Hey, um... This looks quite sketchy. That combined with the fact that you didn't have my last name memorized is making me understandably uhhh.... Apprehensive? Apprehensive is the word right?"
John then steps beyond the doorway.
"Y'all stay behind me, this is the fishiest **** since last year's senior prank."

Necroticplague
2017-07-31, 12:54 AM
Taking the relatively minor leap of faith that the principle was trying to find whoever did this to his office, Mytie responds with the true. "I have no clue how this went on, and had nothing to do with it."

ElFi
2017-07-31, 08:33 AM
"Um, me neither," Eli follows up, eyes darting around the room nervously, looking for something to grab and maybe to use as a weapon. He wasn't entirely sure what was going on here, but it gave him the creeps on an all-new level. "Erm. Mister Principal? Sir? Are you alright? Is there a reason we were all called down here?"

JNAProductions
2017-07-31, 09:31 AM
I don't think I did anything wrong either? And, um... Should we come back later? Dwilla asks.

Aardvark 001
2017-08-02, 01:16 PM
Thea stood by and watched the principal warily. What was hoping on here? And why on earth had she been asked to come in? Should we just leave? she asks the others.

roko10
2017-08-03, 10:57 AM
"No. Stay here," the "principal" tells you.
"I've got a big announcement to tell you all..."

Then the "principal" whirls around and unloads a prty cracker on you.
"Congrationlations! You five people arw now chosen to jump into the one and only magical closet and become dungeon crawlers for a chance at a treasure so amazing, it would make even the most austere hermit-monk-thing drool after it! So, what do you say, peeps?"

What.

At least you now get a good look at the "principal" (should you keep referring to him as that when it's obvious that the person in front of you isn't even the principal?). Wild, shaggy hair and a green bandana covers the top of his perpetually manically grinning head, his tall-yet-lean body wearing the school uniform, although not in a way that the school would even consider acceptable. And for a school with lax uniform enforcement, that says a lot.

You're sure this is a prank. What do you do?

Conflict d4 What. Ask him what the hell is going on. VP +2

Allure d5 As above, but do so nicely. VP +3

Skill+Luck excluded, unless you somehow manage to finagle it as your action.

I'm assuming that you all wear uniforms in school, with varying degrees of neatness/actually-wearing-it-as-an-uniform-ness. With Thea at the top of that list and John at the very bottom.

JNAProductions
2017-08-03, 11:52 AM
Is this normal? Dwilla whispers to the others.

TheRedFox201
2017-08-03, 02:33 PM
"Might be this guy's normal." John replies at casual volume. "But it certainly isn't ours."

Necroticplague
2017-08-03, 06:18 PM
Mytie merely shrugs as she tries to conceal how ultimately lost she feels "Not too uncommon for staff and students to get together to try and form an extra-curric. This certainly seems like an interesting one. Not like I had anything better planned. Mind filling us in on what exactly we'll be doing?"
+1 Strong Allure, -2 Overlock, +2 Thaw Out

ElFi
2017-08-03, 07:48 PM
"Heh. Peeps." Eli chuckles under his breath. Bouncing forward a few steps, he raises his hand as if he's still in the middle of a classroom lecture- force of habit more than anything else, really, but who knows, maybe it would help dealing with... whoever this was. "So, what kind of treasure are we talking about here? Extra credit? Theme park tickets? Get-out-of-detention-free card?" He jokes.

Conflict roll.

Using Overclock for a +2 bonus.

TheRedFox201
2017-08-08, 12:26 AM
"HEY!" John Projects. "We're not dealing with some unfortunate nerd that wants the principal to consider the merits of a Roman Military History Club. This is somebody with obviously less than pure intentions and under some kind of influence."

John crosses his arms and looks down at the apparent madman in front of him. "We're gonna need some real answers, and if you don't provide some quickly, there might be a problem. Such as: Who are you, what are you smoking, and why us?"

This is obviously a conflict roll. +1 Strong Conflict, Fearsome reputation (Believe this qualifies as involving fear or intimidation)

roko10
2017-08-09, 09:13 AM
John: [roll0]
Mytie: [roll]1d6+1/roll]
Eli: [roll1]

Mytie merely shrugs as she tries to conceal how ultimately lost she feels "Not too uncommon for staff and students to get together to try and form an extra-curric. This certainly seems like an interesting one. Not like I had anything better planned. Mind filling us in on what exactly we'll be doing?"
+1 Strong Allure, -2 Overlock, +2 Thaw Out

"Heh. Peeps." Eli chuckles under his breath. Bouncing forward a few steps, he raises his hand as if he's still in the middle of a classroom lecture- force of habit more than anything else, really, but who knows, maybe it would help dealing with... whoever this was. "So, what kind of treasure are we talking about here? Extra credit? Theme park tickets? Get-out-of-detention-free card?" He jokes.

Conflict roll.

Using Overclock for a +2 bonus.

"HEY!" John Projects. "We're not dealing with some unfortunate nerd that wants the principal to consider the merits of a Roman Military History Club. This is somebody with obviously less than pure intentions and under some kind of influence."

John crosses his arms and looks down at the apparent madman in front of him. "We're gonna need some real answers, and if you don't provide some quickly, there might be a problem. Such as: Who are you, what are you smoking, and why us?"

This is obviously a conflict roll. +1 Strong Conflict, Fearsome reputation (Believe this qualifies as involving fear or intimidation)

John: Success
Mytie: Failure
Eli: Success

The student in front of you promptly stops grinning and adopts a serious expression. "I apologize for this," he answered, as he fixes up his disheveled uniform and removes the bandanna. "I just thought that this would be a good way to.... 'break the ice', so to speak. Apparently, it didn't work."

He proceeds to stand up and clear his throat, before continuing to talk again.

"My name is Kane Wright, I'm not under the influence of any drugs, and let's just say I've got a specific reason for choosing such a disparate group of individuals," he says, whilst looking intently at Dwilla before focusing again on John and Eli, completely ignoring Mytie in the process. "As for the treasure, I'm afraid that it's going to remain a secret for now. Let's just say that it's most likely not what you were thinking of, Mr. Mendez."

"Are there any other questions?"

roko10
2017-08-09, 09:15 AM
Mytie: [roll0]

Necroticplague
2017-08-10, 09:28 PM
Feeling a bit chipper at being specially selected for something-an indirect compliment- Mytie merely nods her own head. "Only two: Where's this closet, and when can we get started!"

JNAProductions
2017-08-10, 10:31 PM
Um... Quite a few, actually. Mostly why you thought that'd be a good idea.

roko10
2017-08-11, 10:10 AM
Um... Quite a few, actually. Mostly why you thought that'd be a good idea.

"And why wouldn't it be a good idea?" Kane asks you with a genuinely puzzled look on his face.

JNAProductions
2017-08-11, 11:03 AM
I meant the, ah, "cool" posturing, Dwilla says. Typically, I wouldn't expect principals to be cool. At least, not in a... Radical way, like you presented.

Basically, sir, I'm just wondering why you didn't act yourself.

ElFi
2017-08-11, 08:30 PM
"Ditto on wondering where exactly this closet is," says Eli, now looking more genuinely interested in the conversation.

TheRedFox201
2017-08-13, 12:04 AM
"Frankly I'd like to ask What this closet is before Where, but I think might be one of those things that's going to remain a secret for now. I'm going to stick around for now."
John Crosses his arms defiantly, but anyone paying attention can tell he's wondering why Mytie was ignored.

Aardvark 001
2017-08-19, 04:05 AM
Thea was quiet till now, shocked at the state of the office and the imposter standing in it, but she soon regains her composure. All of us going into a closet, huh? She smiles. Sounds like a pretty intense game of seven minutes in heaven. So when do we start?

roko10
2017-08-22, 03:31 PM
I meant the, ah, "cool" posturing, Dwilla says. Typically, I wouldn't expect principals to be cool. At least, not in a... Radical way, like you presented.

Basically, sir, I'm just wondering why you didn't act yourself.
"....I'm not the principal. Just somebody with promotion privileges. Also, this mess isn't my fault. Not entirely, at least." Kane said, after a long pause.

Seeing that the rest of the group is agreeing on the trip to the Closet, Kane smiles widely, before stating "Great! So what are we waiting for?

The trip to the closet itself wasn't that eventful. Though it could've passed for far longer than it actually was. It doesn't help that, now that Kane seemingly is more confortable with you, he. Wouldn't. Stop. Talking.

"Hey, did you know that...."
"...but if it was me, I'd choose mayonaise..."
"....and that's how lorentz forces work, I think...."

Fortunately for all involved, you arrive at the Closet before you are driven completely insane by Kane's babble.

The Closet itself... is just a normal, sturdy, old mahogany closet. It does look a little older, though, judging from the fact that it has some decorations on it that makes it look like it's been handmade instead of mass-produced.

What do you do?

JNAProductions
2017-08-22, 04:08 PM
Well... Let's go! Dwilla says, opening the closet door.

Necroticplague
2017-08-22, 04:27 PM
Mytie's SIMILAR eagerness continues as she's quick to follow the girl into the literal closet "Onto the breach!".

ElFi
2017-08-22, 07:42 PM
"Woo!" Eli cheers, following right behind the two girls.

Aardvark 001
2017-08-23, 11:11 AM
Thea sighs. She holds her hand out politely. After you, she says, waiting to see if the kid goes ahead. She still doesn't trust him much.

Either way, Thea still goes in after the others. She's just checking to see what the guy does.

TheRedFox201
2017-08-24, 03:51 PM
John moves into the closet wordlessly.

roko10
2017-08-25, 02:41 AM
Thea sighs. She holds her hand out politely. After you, she says, waiting to see if the kid goes ahead. She still doesn't trust him much.

"Sorry, I really can't." Kane responded. "It doesn't really work for me; I'll just end up crashing. It's safe, though! All you have to worry about is-"

Well... Let's go! Dwilla says, opening the closet door.

Mytie's SIMILAR eagerness continues as she's quick to follow the girl into the literal closet "Onto the breach!".

"Woo!" Eli cheers, following right behind the two girls.

John moves into the closet wordlessly.

"-the potential of spontaneous clothing disintegration." "Well, at least there's no other risk involved, right?" Kane admitted.

Dwilla, Mytie, John, and Eli, roll Luck against d5. Success means your clothes DON'T get disintegrated. Or they do, if that's still what you want.

ElFi
2017-08-25, 08:49 AM
"Wait, what?" Eli says, just barely catching Kane's last words. He said "spontaneous clothing disintegration", right?

Uh oh.

Between weak luck and the penalty from Overcharge, working with a -3 penalty to the roll here.

I'm not going to add any modifiers. Plus, it'll be funny to see what happens if I fail.

JNAProductions
2017-08-25, 12:40 PM
[roll0]

Dwilla's probably gonna end up naked.

Dwilla has time to eek out WHAT? as her clothes vanish. She quickly tries to cover up, hands over herself, as she frantically looks around for some place to take cover.

Necroticplague
2017-08-25, 02:02 PM
[roll0] Let's see how this goes.
Mytie almost reflexively launches an arm across her body in expectation of her own clothing suffering the same fate as some companions, but comes across as quite surprised when her clothes remain entirely intact.

Aardvark 001
2017-08-27, 07:15 AM
Thea suppresses a small grin as her companions finds themselves disrobed. Thank you for the warning, she tells Kane, making no effort to look away.

She examines her neatly ironed, tailor-made clothes. It would be a shame to lose them. Uniforms are two a penny - at least, that's what she presumed. She'd never actually bought any herself - but good tailors are hard to find.

She sighs and starts stripping off her shirt and skirt. She winks at Kane. Better safe than sorry, she says, handing him her neatly folded uniform. She smiles and steps through into the closet in her underwear.

Luck roll: [roll0]
+2 from Peeping Tom, I think. It definitely counts as an embarrassing situation

JNAProductions
2017-08-27, 08:35 AM
Dwilla looks at half her companions still being dressed, and says Oh come on!

ElFi
2017-08-27, 03:39 PM
Assuming Eli auto-failed the roll regardless of what it ends up being, since I rolled a 0.

It doesn't take long before the air suddenly gets a bit colder and Eli realizes Kane wasn't kidding. "Welp. That happened," he half-whispered, hands clasped together to cover his nether regions, making sure that his backside was facing a wall and not anyone else.

At the same time, trying very hard to simultaneously pretend that spontaneous nudity wasn't a big deal, and that there weren't currently two other girls in the room in similar states of undress.

JNAProductions
2017-08-28, 11:47 AM
Dwilla, who has been looking towards the entrance, utters a quiet Meep, when she sees Eli's clothes vanish.

TheRedFox201
2017-08-28, 12:14 PM
John sees the incidents around him and responds by looking straight forward. Which at his height means looking above everyone.
"Oh!" John clears his throat. "That, should've been explained earlier. Um..."
John with great haste removes the messily buttoned outer jacket of his uniform and presents it in Dwilla's general direction.
"This should be almost a minidress on you. Might want to use it."

I rolled in the OOC thread and amazingly met the difficulty. Which I believe means John keeps his clothes.

JNAProductions
2017-08-28, 12:16 PM
Dwilla says Thank you, as she turns around and buttons up the jacket. Her shapely rear is evidently visible for a few moments before she gets the jacket fully in place. Once it's on, while Dwilla will be rather on display if she needs to bend over, she's at least somewhat modest.

roko10
2017-08-30, 01:56 PM
Assuming that anybody is now in the dungeon.

Now that (most of you) have gotten over the shock of your clothing suddenly disappearing from your body, you get a good look at the room that you now find yourselves in. It seems to be an armory, stocking various kinds of weapons, armor, and other gear. If you squint closer, you can see name tags attached to the weapons, armors and gear.

Then a small package (complete with letter) pops into the armory. Considering that it has Kane's (former) bandanna wrapped around it, it's probably from Kane.

What do you do?

Necroticplague
2017-08-31, 10:21 AM
Mytie is relatively quick to look over the pile with her name on it, at it's sheer simplicity. One set weight-filled glove, preumably for punching: check. One shield, presumably for protection: check. One set armor, for some kind of protection......not check. Oh, there certainly was a bulky set of some kind of clothing there, but it certainly wasn't armor. Amor would typically cover more of one's lower body that a garter belt. This thing looked like the big cousin to most extreme sports gear (mainly having enough pouches to fit in a 90s comic) than any proper clothing or armor. She's quiet glad that her clothes managed to survive so she didn't have to wander around with just this thing on.

With the package that appears to be from Kane, Mytie becomes the one to first read the letter on it over, having the least to put on from these piles.

JNAProductions
2017-08-31, 08:47 PM
Dwilla eagerly heads for her gear, donning a set of lightly padded clothes over her borrowed "dress", and (once pants are on and she has the overshirt over her borrowed jacket) doffs the jacket and hands it back. Thank you,
for letting me borrow that. It would've been nice if we had been warned ahead of time, she says with a hint of anger, but it was nice of you to help me cover up, she finishes with a smile.

Once dressed, she puts on the backpack, though after a moment's thought, takes it off and examines the content. Inside is a bedroll, crowbar, flint and steel, grappling hook, mirror, 100' of rope, and two shovels. Gosh,
this is well prepared. How long are we gonna be in here for? she asks no one in particular as she picks up the last few items-two short, pointed blades and a longbow, all of excellent quality.

ElFi
2017-08-31, 09:59 PM
Eli made his way over to the gear as fast as a naked guy protecting his intimates can physically manage, and was immensely relieved to find a small pile of folded clothes with his name on it waiting. Woolen sweater, cloth trousers, and old-fashioned leather boots- retro! No underwear, though, looked like he was going commando for the time being. Over the regular clothes went a set of armor pads and greaves- he'd never worn armor before, it was surprisingly heavy. Then a backpack with all sorts of things- magnifying glass, flint and steel, mirror (?), a pair of knives...

Gear collected, Eli looked over to the wall of weapons and found the last item waiting for him. And despite himself, his blood ran cold. It was a gun, a long-barreled musket, gleaming like new. And moving to take it off the wall, he realized he knew how to use it instinctively. "Guys," he said, usual bravado missing, "What are we getting ourselves into here?"

Aardvark 001
2017-09-01, 07:13 AM
Thea pouted as Dwilla put on the coat, then smiled to herself as Eli tried to look nonchalant while he ran towards his bundle. She moved to her own section of the armory. Hmm. A dagger, a rapier... a whip. That could definitely come in handy. Climbing equipment, first aid kit, torches - it all seemed to be in here. But no clothes. Unless...

Thea's eyes widened as she held up the skimpy leather outfit. She couldn't really call it armour. She wasn't sure what it could possibly protect against. It was a light, skin-tight leather affair, little more than a corset with long sleeves and a thigh-length skirt underneath. Leather boots and greaves completed the outfit, leaving her exposed from knee to mid-thigh and from chest upwards. Thea grinned. It seemed Kane really had done his research.

She squeezed herself into her new clothes and stuffed the rest into the backpack provided. What does the letter say? she asked, pulling the pack over her shoulders and walking over to Mytie.

TheRedFox201
2017-09-01, 11:43 PM
After prying his eyes off of a couple of his fellow classmates when he thinks they are not looking, John retrieves his uniform Jacket.
"Let's see what I've got here.
Big suit of Scales.
Big shield. Is this big for a shield? Hmm.
Boomerang? Guess that'll be useful.
Sword? Well I guess we're deep in it now.
Backpack.
Some Candles and Torches. Why do I need both?
Flint, Steel.
Crowbar.
Shovel.... Brass Cookware? I uh. Hmm.
A bag of Change?"
John looks around and notes to himself that he was NOT given a bedroll or sleeping bag of any kind.
This is where I facepalm quite loudly, but let it go because it might make things more interesting.

roko10
2017-09-02, 04:00 PM
With the package that appears to be from Kane, Mytie becomes the one to first read the letter on it over, having the least to put on from these piles.

She squeezed herself into her new clothes and stuffed the rest into the backpack provided. What does the letter say? she asked, pulling the pack over her shoulders and walking over to Mytie.

Dear Adventuring Party,

Sorry for not saying that there's a chance that your clothes can spontenaeously disintergrate when entering the closet. I should've had included that in my opening pitch instead of before you guys rush into the closet.

Come to think about it, there's a LOT that I didn't explain. So, here's a small list that may help explain some things.

The objective of every dungeon is to exit it. Don't worry about killing every monster you meet or looting every chest. You don't have to.
Time flows differently in the dungeons. A few days in a dungeon is but a few minutes in "real life", so to speak.
You get additional skills (and hey, maybe even magic!) so that you don't get yourself killed whilst dungeon crawling. Me and my employer aren't THAT irresponsible.
This dungeon won't be particularly difficult. It's mainly just for you to get to know the basics.
Complete twelve dungeons, and you win a prize*!
*Prize still confidental. Sorry!

Anyways, that's about it for now. If you have any questions, you can always talk to me.

Happy crawling!
Kane

After you have equipped all of your, well, equipment, the armory's doors suddenly open, revealing a narrow corridor ending in what seems like a large hall.

What do you do?

ElFi
2017-09-06, 07:43 AM
Eli shoulders the rifle for now. He'll think about it later. Moving towards the now-open door, he tries to get a good look inside without letting anything inside get a good look at him

"Um... someone should scout ahead, right?" He asks nobody in particular. "That's what the rogue-y types usually do in dungeon-crawling games, right? Scout?" Eli realizes belatedly that, given the daggers and leather armor, he's probably meant to be the rogue of the group.

Aardvark 001
2017-09-07, 02:10 AM
Thea read the letter out to the others. Magic! She wondered if she'd got any of that. She certainly didn't feel any more comfortable with the weapons she'd been given. Even the armour didn't quite seem to work for her. She filed the thought away for later. Go on then Eli, she said, turning to her companion. That sounds like a good idea. Why don't you scout ahead?

Necroticplague
2017-09-07, 09:48 AM
"Oh, grow up you cowards." The combination of shield, but no armor, and unusual weapon left Mytie somewhat confused as to what her class would be in this analogy. Nonetheless, she had something to block with in case traps appeared, so she determined she'd be first.

JNAProductions
2017-09-07, 12:35 PM
I think I'm sneaky too? I'll go with you, Eli, Dwilla says, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

Right, I have +9 to stealth. It's just d20+9 for that, right?

ElFi
2017-09-10, 10:23 AM
"Hang on a sec. You mentioned magic? Then..." Eli tentatively brings his hands together, squints, then jumps back a full two feet as a glowing amber orb materializes between his palms. "So. Guess that... sheds a light on what I can do?" He chuckles at his own corny joke, nervousness obvious in his posture. "Let's try something." Concentrating, he grins like a kid on Christmas as the little orb of light obeys his thoughts and floats into the open corridor, illuminating what's within.

TheRedFox201
2017-09-16, 01:56 AM
When John thinks nobody is looking he attempts something Similar to Eli, to no avail.
John mutters to himself.
"Oh of course I don't get any special powers. I don't need fairy dust and handsigns, I've got a sharp object and instinct."
John Crosses his arms.
"Would've appreciated the Gun though. Guess we know this is for real."

roko10
2017-09-23, 03:29 PM
Shining the light through the corridor reveals disappointingly little, aside from the fact that there seems to be no traps.

What do you do?

Necroticplague
2017-09-24, 11:03 AM
"O.k, coast seems clear for now. No telling how long till that changes. Everyone, keep a head on a swivel."
Following her own advice, Mytie slowly puts one foot in front of the other as she shifts down the hall, her shield held in front of her

JNAProductions
2017-09-24, 11:11 AM
Dwilla comes behind, carefully making her way just behind Mytie.

TheRedFox201
2017-09-29, 11:06 PM
John will be staying in the back of the group, providing no reasoning for doing so.