PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Help me build this good aligned antagonist!

Corinath
2017-07-18, 11:27 PM
Backstory: Similar to Mara Jade's background in the old Star Wars Universe if you are familiar with it. She was a former right-hand assassin of various kings and monarchs before creating her own assassin's guild. After a considerable life, she is charmed by the wiles of our party's comic relief, a lovable and ridiculous half-elf bard. She settles down to live a "normal" life, and never reveals her past. She's killed by a dragon, "forced" into resurrection and servitude ("we will kill your husband who doesn't even know your life"), and dons her armor and mask once again to protect the life she built.

She is a lone wolf, master of deception.

My current build for her is:

14 Shadow Monk, 4 Assassin, 2 Warlock

Invocations: Devil's Sight (see through magical darkness), Mask of Many Faces (Disguise Self at will).
Patron: Fiend

She can cast magical darkness if there isn't enough shadow for her shadow step, see through it, teleport, gain advantage and hit for 1d8 + 2d6 Sneak Attack (I know Monk Weapons engaging Sneak Attack is controversial, but I'm house ruling it in as I don't personally think it's game breaking. She'd be losing 1d10 to get 2d6 *once* per turn.), potentialy crit if on the first round of combat, and get out easily if need be.

What do you think of the build for her back story?
What magic items would you give her?
What race would you give her?
What feats, other than Mobile, would you consider for her?

She is *not* a character that will ever kill the party due to her ties to a party member, so balance isn't an issue. Half of my party min-maxes, the other half doesn't, so I will never throw something that will kill them like that at them.

Thanks!