PDA

View Full Version : If you were a D&D character, what would your stats be?

RogueGuy
2017-07-19, 12:25 AM
I'm positive that us D&D players have, at one point or another, wondered what our D&D stats would be. So, based on your experiences, skills, and fortes, attempt to figure out what your stats would be irl. After thinking it over, I boiled my stats down to these:
STR: 7 (I can benchpress around 40 lbs)
INT: 15 (I can solve moderately complex puzzles)
WIS: 14 (I am resistant to peer pressure, however, I forget things often.)
DEX: 17 (I am well known among my close friends for my flexibility)
CON: 7 (I am VERY sensitive to pain)
CHA: 12 (I don't have that many close friends, but I'm not totally unlikeable, either.)

Now, let's see what you have to say about this. What would your stats be?
(Before I forget, these are AD&D rules, so 9-12 would be average.)

FabulousFizban
2017-07-19, 02:07 AM
terrible, just terrible. I need to take better care of myself...

NovenFromTheSun
2017-07-19, 03:54 AM
Strength: 12, I can haul some heavy furniture around if need be.
Dexterity: 10, I've had some trip ups but not often.
Constitution: 8, I tire out pretty quickly.
Intelligence: 10, I might have said 12 in the past but I think I might have lost some.
Wisdom: I really don't know how to judge this.
Charisma: 12, I have no idea why but people tend to like me.

All in all pretty average.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-19, 03:54 AM
Strength 13 i benched 120lbs
Dex 17 ican sneak around in heavy goth boots and not make a sound
Wis12 im street wise but not that good at juding peoples characters
Int 12 i can solve a little bit of puzzles and got a 21 on my act scores after bombing mathematics
Cha20
Im very charismatic i have had people say so even got
A goup of people to agree to people euthanasia.even got them to cry btw it was a school project

Gastronomie
2017-07-19, 04:17 AM
8-8-6-18-10-10

I can do study pretty well (at least I've managed to get myself into one of the best universities in my country), but I've always sucked at P.E. Suck as in, like, really, the worst. Especially CON, because I could not finish the jogging course we were instructed during P.E. class in high school, when the premise was to "measure the time it takes to finish". I was the only one in the entire grade (of over 200 people) to not have a valid score, meaning I probably belong in the worst 0.5% when it comes to CON. That probably gives me a CON score worse than 8, so I put it as CON 6. In other words, you cannot roll up my stats in point-buy, because that's how much I suck at moving around my body.
I don't think I'm very wise. To be more exact, most of the time, I do understand what's the wise decision, the right thing to do at the moment (study for later tests, finish off your report long before it's due), but I almost never find myself actually doing it, simply because I'm incredibly lazy. I believe overcoming your laziness is part of being wise. I am not wise. I don't think I'm insanely stupid either, though, because I do manage to finish up my tests and reports at the very end.
I don't think I'm that charismatic either. More like I don't really care about being charismatic. I don't care what I look like or what I wear, and I don't like talking to strangers IRL. As a result, obviously, I will not be that charismatic. I do have a good number of friends though, so I put it at 10.

If I were in a D&D world, I would become a Wizard, but I will NOT become an adventurer. Who the hell would venture into monster-infested dungeons and risk their lives for a living, when you can just stay in your cozy labatory and experiment all day instead?

Mortheim
2017-07-19, 04:20 AM
I'm not really sure ho some of them correspond, but:

STR 14 (i benched 120 kg or 264 lbs if using strange numbers).
DEX 6 (i'm really clumsy - even can't ride a bicycle).
CON 15 (high pain tolerance and good endurance due to paticipation in russian steel buhurts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDBRg-ilNKI))
INT 12 (a little bit higher than average)
WIS 15 (i have some innate sense of people's feelings and understanding of situations).
CHA 10 (i'm neither beautiful, nor charismatic - just an average person)

Spore
2017-07-19, 04:50 AM
Str 11 (I have a pretty good frame to support weight but I am not trained enough to allow a bonus)
Dex 9 (A bit clumsy. With training, I can deal with situations that require Dex, also stiff as a board)
Con 14 (aside from being a little baby when sick I literally almost never get sick)
Int 13 (I often think I am smarter than I really am)
Wis 15 (I have an easy time seeing the other side of arguments, predicting reactions and if I concentrate on it, I can see more things than others)
Cha 10 (my innate Charisma is fighting with my anxiety of talking with people here. Due to my profession I should be much better)

Citan
2017-07-19, 05:23 AM
I'm positive that us D&D players have, at one point or another, wondered what our D&D stats would be. So, based on your experiences, skills, and fortes, attempt to figure out what your stats would be irl. After thinking it over, I boiled my stats down to these:
CHA: 12 (I don't have that many close friends, but I'm not totally unlikeable, either.)

Well, it's always a delicate exercise... :)

Let's say...

STR: 8 probably (9 on a good day, when I'm keeping my exercises ;)).
DEX: 9 (or maybe 10? reasonably good reflexes but bad sight and lesser agility).
CON: 11 (rarely ill, not *that* much sensitive to hurt, at least from daily small things. Sensitivity to bad food is reason enough not to put a 12 here though).
INT: 17 or 18 (great memory, good logic, permanent curiosity and thirst to learn all kind of things).
WIS: 14 (I'm usually good at "reading" people, up to a certain point -except from the one girl I love-).
CHA: 13 or 14 (people tend to listen to me when I'm showing confidence on some topic, and I often manage to be a "soothing presence" when conflict arises, but I'm not the kind of people that actively try to lead unless I have an imperative reason to do so, like I feel nobody else can do it -which is rare ^^-. Also I don't think being more than average physically).

terrible, just terrible. I need to take better care of myself...
I could totally say the same thing. :smallbiggrin:
In truth attribute evaluation could change significantly depending on whether you consider your "best ever", your "latent potential" or your "actual factual". XD

Strength 13 i benched 120lbs
Dex 17 ican sneak around in heavy goth boots and not make a sound
Wis12 im street wise but not that good at juding peoples characters
Int 12 i can solve a little bit of puzzles and got a 21 on my act scores after bombing mathematics
Cha20
Im very charismatic i have had people say so even got
A goup of people to agree to people euthanasia.even got them to cry btw it was a school project
Well if it was a school project that justified the 20 CHA I'd argue it's overrated. School project means a task you prepared, with a proper argumentary and knowledge of who you were talking to. I'd say it would be more akin to "Persuasion training" than natural charisma. :)

Also, I'd think 20 Charisma would be reserved to people who gained a heavy momentum in people's hearts worldwide, so heavy that many people would just accept their words without even trying to actually think about their meaning, such as the Pope, Gandi (or Donald Trump? lol... or not :/).

But it does depend on how one would actually define what Charisma represents exactly. :)

The Ship's dog
2017-07-19, 06:33 AM
I have thought about this before, it is a fun excersize too.

Str: 7 (I am told that I havAMA very strong grip, but I am generally quite weak and I have severe muscle wasting on my right upper arm due to a childhood accident)

Dex: 13 (I pride myself on my ability to balance easily, as well as get around/over/under obstacles when running from a mate that I've just made fun of)

Con: 10 (I don't generally get sick at all, but I get stomach cramps from eating the wrong foods. I also don't have much stamina, but can push myself to exhaustion with ease if I have to)

Int: 13 (I am in the top classes in my year for Bio, Chem, and Phys so suppose that I am intelligent enough for that)

Wis: 13 (I'm tempted to push this up to a 14. I'm generally the one that notices things like changes in sounds or movement. I have also learned from a young age to recognise people's emotions without them actively displaying them. The only reason that I don't rank it higher is that I sometimes have a really hard time controlling anger and do really stupid things because of that)

Cha: 13 (I've learned to talk to a wide range of people from all ages and walks of life. I don't attract people as such, but I make an effort to make the person that I am talking to feel interesting)

All in all, I'd say that I am not the most physically adept of people, but I more than make up for it with my experience at learning how different people tend to act, as well as my ability to communicate easily and freely.

Beelzebubba
2017-07-19, 06:42 AM
Can everything be a 'drop' score?

That would explain me.

Mikemical
2017-07-19, 06:49 AM
I expected more people with high self-perceived Int scores.

gameogre
2017-07-19, 07:07 AM
Strength 25
Dexterity 25
Constitution 25
Intelligence 8
Wisdom 6
Charisma 25

Aett_Thorn
2017-07-19, 07:15 AM
Str: 12 (I can lug things around pretty well, but I can't bench for sh*t)
Dex: 12 (Not all that flexible, but I'm getting there)
Con: 16 (I almost never get sick, but my running endurance isn't great)
Int: 13 (Great at remembering the big picture, but I suck at memorizing details. Still, I've gotten into two pretty good universities, so maybe this should be higher)
Wis: 16 (Good empathy, and great street smarts)
Cha: 10 (Not horrible looking, but I'm not very persuasive)

Basically, I should be a ranged cleric or druid. Both of which I am fine with.

Spore
2017-07-19, 07:17 AM
I expected more people with high self-perceived Int scores.

When working or living close to academics you will often find people who know just more than you do. I am not entirely sure if my "Wisdom" isn't exaggerated and sometimes I feel like I am working at a place where my intelligence is wasted. Then I talk to my astro physicist roommate and I feel humbled again.

Corsair14
2017-07-19, 08:55 AM
Str 14 I am not Arnold but I can benchpress him a few times.
Dex 12 I am not fast but I do a lot of small detail work, painting and stone cutting/polishing. I don't think I am exceptional enough to leave the average category.
Con 12
Int 12
Wis 11
CHR 11

I am fairly average in most respects. I am physically very active and workout for an hour and a half with weights 5-6 days a week. Fairly well educated and a font of useless information. I don't think I am that attractive but I have no issue getting attention usually from the opposite sex much to my wife's chagrin.

I find it amusing how high people are putting their stats. At most your normal person isn't going to have more than two or so numbers out of the 9-12 group with 12 being slightly above average, such as honor roll in school, having a physically demanding job, or 6 or 7 on the hot scale. Working at strength casually and having a demanding job might bring it to a 13 or 14. Being a gym rat and really putting in the time for a number of years would get you a 15 or 16. Olympic class/Mr. Universe/The Mountain would get you in the 18 category.

Wisdom is a hard one to correlate with real life since how do you measure common sense?

Charisma is fairly subjective. Beauty being eye of the beholder and all. What I might think of as a 6 to someone else might be an 8. That doesn't even get into the personality aspect of it since a totally smoking hot 10 might and often has the personality of a rock which drops her down to a 3 or a 4. However someone else might just mesh with that rock and rate her much higher.

Naanomi
2017-07-19, 09:09 AM
Amazing how when these questions are asked, so many people are above average at everything!

Ok, on the assumption that 8-14 is basically 'normal'...

strength: 10 (I work in a setting where it is very physical, though Athletics Proficiency is a big part of it; I do a lot of physical management compared to my peers)
Dexterity: 8 (I also manage to get hurt a lot at work)
Coonstitution: 12 (and yet I still go to work and function even when injured)
Intelligence: 13 (I am almost always the 'brainy' person at work, I know about all the student conditions, I know computers, I know the law... it is rare that people don't come to me for answers to questions. I also survived getting two Master's degrees)
Wisdom: 8 (And yet I'm still a teacher making almost nothing... it is good I'm 'smart' because I'm also a big procastinstor and have other 'unwise' habits)
Charisma: 10 (I do talk at people for a living, both kids and adults; but never been one for lots of friends and I don't enjoy social situations outside of work)

alchahest
2017-07-19, 09:17 AM
8's across the board but I have the UA Diplomacy feat.

Joe the Rat
2017-07-19, 09:31 AM
Sticking to the old bell curve for population distributions...

Str 8 - Basically average, and with a good encumbrance (my drag is pretty ridiculous), but average in the modern world is puny for D&D.
Dex 10 - Nimble enough, and a decent catch. But my reaction time is rather slow. I'd have put myself higher once, but back issues really hamper my maneuverability.
Con 13 - Good organ reserves for my age, could probably kick it up a notch if I got more cardio. Rarely get sick, and shake it off well. My "other" tolerances are pretty good.
Int 16 - Using D&D definitions and usage. I know way too much about way too many things, and if I don't know it, I know where to find it, or can figure it out from context. I'm good with puzzles and riddles. I also use this the most in day-to-day, so I stay sharp. Real-world intelligence I'm about 14
Wisdom 8 - Using D&D Definitions and usage. I can read social subtext about as well as I can Chinese*. While I'm good at needle-in-haystacking (Investigation), I do tend to miss the obvious. And my willpower sucks.
Charisma 12, apparently. I can hold a group together, and am generally likeable, but my ability to properly manipulate is lacking. This is probably hampered by my "no social cues" preventing my use of insight to pick out the traits, ideals, flaws, or bonds I could use to make things happen.

* - I don't know any of the dialects.

utopus
2017-07-19, 09:36 AM
Str 7: I can't do more than 3 pull-ups
Dex 11: I'm coordinated enough to climb V4&V5 boulders
Con 10: I can handle spicy foods well
Int 11: I'm about to graduate from college, so according to society that puts me marginally ahead of the curve. I'm bilingual too
Wis 10: I'm reasonably quick on my feet & practical. I also know for a fact that a tomato is a fruit ;)
Cha 8: I'm totally clueless when it comes to women. I'm so bad at differentiating flirtatiousness with friendliness

Unoriginal
2017-07-19, 09:36 AM

In 5e, INT 15 isn't "I can solve moderately complex puzzles", it's "genius", and DEX 17 isn't "my close friends know I'm flexible", it's "I'd be among the world's top 1000 most dextrous people with some training."

Same with STR and CON, having 7 would put you "way bellow average, can barely do gymnastic".

Why use the AD&D rules in the 5e forum?

ZorroGames
2017-07-19, 10:01 AM
Due to age and physical condition:

ST: 10, down from 12 at my physical peak working in nursing.

CO: 9, never was above a 12 or 11. Asthma/allergies stink!

DE: 9, down from 11 when making Jewelry was easy as a young adult.

IN: 15, defintely dropped (and sadly dropping) from mental peak (decling Mensa membership because college in the 1970s when I went back was "too easy" probably was a harbringer of said decline.)

WI: 14, definitely improved from "youthful exurbance" stage if life. Had to, it was wise up or die, and I did not care to join the dead.

CH: 10, though people tell me when I get angry (seldom anymore, thank God,) I am crazy intimidatingly scary even at, now, 5'4" and I can be really good at positive influencing, when I want to be, but honestly don't care to make the effort except for friends and family.

Gastronomie
2017-07-19, 10:03 AM
In 5e, INT 15 isn't "I can solve moderately complex puzzles", it's "genius", and DEX 17 isn't "my close friends know I'm flexible", it's "I'd be among the world's top 1000 most dextrous people with some training."

Same with STR and CON, having 7 would put you "way bellow average, can barely do gymnastic".
I dunno where you got that "in 5e" part from (is it mentioned in the PHB? Dunno, please tell me if there's a source) but with that, I will definitely not have an INT of 18. Then again, I will probably still have a CON score of 6.

RogueGuy
2017-07-19, 10:04 AM

I was portraying myself in the AD&D world. In the real world, My stats would probably be these:
STR: 8-9
INT: 13
WIS: 14
DEX: 15
CON: 8-9
CHA: 12

I have no idea. I knew there was a thread for AD&D when I posted this.

Spiritchaser
2017-07-19, 10:06 AM
This is probably a good study on how the system breaks down when confronted by reality, but I'll try and make a go of it

Strength: good strength to weight ratio, and I'm a very strong climber, as well as being able to prevail in groundwork way out of my weight class, BUT, I'm not a big guy, and seldom do weights other than daily pushups. I'm going to call this 14 or 15, but appeal to expertise in some specific aspects of athletics (solid climbing but you would laugh watching me throw a javelin.)

Dexterity: Also tricky. Where slow dynamic balance is concerned I'm very good, but as speed increases, I fail. Hard. I'm going to pick 10 instead of arguing that I'm a 12 and a 7, and I'll claim expertise with some skills, as well as one dex based weapon (the paintball marker!)

Constitution: solid. I can break trail for hours through mashed potato snow while skiing uphill on skins with a 7 day pack on, I ran Boston, can backpack in the mountains, canoe or kayak for longer than I have vacation allotment and survive an hour long tickle fight with my kids. Call it 16

Intelligence: Solid. I do math for a living, and while I'm absent minded, I have a head like a steel trap for interesting technical details. Call it 17 or even 18

Wisdom: Poor. Especially poor when forming first impressions or picking girlfriends. I'd call it an 8... Except... I'm generally quite good at some classically wisdom based skills, so I'll say I have expertise in them.

Charisma: enough to lead a small team at work but nothing special. Call it 12, but with some relevant proficiencies

mcsillas
2017-07-19, 10:10 AM
Str: 14 - I bench 230 lbs and run extremely fast
Int: 11 - Slightly more book smart than average but had to study hard to keep up with the more intelligent students
Wis: 16 - Aware of surroundings (hunter), make good life decisions, and I can usually tell when someone is lying
Dex: 13 - Age has decreased my ability to move quickly like I once could
Con: 10 - Never had much endurance, especially in long distance running
Chr: 14 - I negotiate for a living so I must have some persuasive ability

smcmike
2017-07-19, 10:11 AM

There isn't a ton of support for these statements in the rules. Trying to apply stats to the real world requires some assumptions that aren't going to be in the books.

It sounds like your assumption is that anyone within a very broad range of abilities would still have straight 10s.

Why not just use the bell curve created by rolling 3d6, and apply it to the bell curve of human performance? (4d6 drop one is for heroes).

Of course, I agree that DEX 17 should represent more than "my close friends know I'm flexible." More like "I'm being recruited by division 1 colleges as a point guard" or some equivalent.

strangebloke
2017-07-19, 11:04 AM
DND doesn't simulate normal people well. Modern people

That said:

STR: 12. I'm huge (6'4")and have great anerobic endurance by modern standards, earned from many physical jobs. By DND standards I'm slightly above average.

CON: 10. DND commoners, in general, live very unhealthy lifestyles. That said, I have very bad aerobic endurance and flat feet.

DEX: 7. I'm really clutzy.

INT: 14. I'm in charge of a few 100,000 dollars worth of engineering research. I've consistently tested in the top 5% of people as far as intelligence goes.

WIS: 8. Guilty of making the same mistakes over and over again, despite knowing that I'm wrong. Relatively young and inexperienced.

CHA: 12. Hard to measure this. I'm pretty persuasive, I guess? I convinced two friends of mine to change religions? I'm the guy in the friend group that throws parties and has people over?

Naanomi
2017-07-19, 11:05 AM
Part of the reason this is challenging to me is that I feel like I'm proficient in more than 4 skills; and I inflate some of my stats higher than they might be to support those skills when I wouldn't have 'enough' proficiencies. Maybe I just have Jack of All Trades? I guess I'm a Bard with low charisma :smallbiggrin:

(Athletics(grappling only?), Investigation, Religion, History, Nature, Insight, Medicine, Perception, Performance(teaching))

RogueGuy
2017-07-19, 11:11 AM
I was portraying myself in the AD&D world. In the real world, My stats would probably be these:
STR: 8-9
INT: 13
WIS: 14
DEX: 15
CON: 8-9
CHA: 12

Actually, I take back this statement. The reason being that if a completely average human (not great at anything, not bad at anything), in AD&D, would have 9-12 across the board, then my original statement would hold true. Pro gymnasts would have 19-20 Dexterity, so my 17 Dexterity doesn't seem too farfetched. If I were completely unable to do exercise, my Strength (and/or) Constitution would be below 5. My Intelligence is somewhere around 14-15 because when I said moderately complex, I meant things like intermediate level riddles. 18-20 intelligence would be genius. I understand that a lack of explanation might lead to misconceptions, but I gave the best reasonings that I could.

Joe the Rat
2017-07-19, 11:16 AM
Think about the stats as performance-based, rather than innate qualities. Your stat assignments should be your "all-around" performance level, and proficiencies your areas of specialty (as appropriate).

I'd not claim any Int-based proficiencies (though my knowledge of probability, and the broad rules and lore of games might give me Arcana), since I assigned Int to cover the broad knowledge of way too much information (and a Dex to never hit the buzzer first on Jeopardy).

smcmike
2017-07-19, 11:18 AM
Actually, I take back this statement. The reason being that if a completely average human (not great at anything, not bad at anything), in AD&D, would have 9-12 across the board, then my original statement would hold true. Pro gymnasts would have 19-20 Dexterity, so my 17 Dexterity doesn't seem too farfetched. If I were completely unable to do exercise, my Strength (and/or) Constitution would be below 5. My Intelligence is somewhere around 14-15 because when I said moderately complex, I meant things like intermediate level riddles. 18-20 intelligence would be genius. I understand that a lack of explanation might lead to misconceptions, but I gave the best reasonings that I could.

Using the 3d6 bell curve, a 17 places you within the top 3% of the population. Would you say that you have better coordination than almost every person you meet? If someone challenges you to a game of ping pong or horse (assuming no special training), how confident are you that you will win? Were you a star athlete at any level?

Jama7301
2017-07-19, 11:21 AM
Str - 11
Con - 10
Dex - 12
Int - 10
Wis - 11
Cha - 11
Alignment - Lawful Grumpy

Unoriginal
2017-07-19, 11:42 AM
I dunno where you got that "in 5e" part from (is it mentioned in the PHB? Dunno, please tell me if there's a source) but with that, I will definitely not have an INT of 18. Then again, I will probably still have a CON score of 6.

There isn't a ton of support for these statements in the rules. Trying to apply stats to the real world requires some assumptions that aren't going to be in the books.

STR 16 is enough to break a stone statue into pieces without any tool, and is also the strength of apes like orangutans or gorillas (both are said in the MM). In comparison, the typical humanoid mook with melee combat training, who has to fight for survival, has STR 13.

A legendary military leader who can makes followers willing to die for their banner and who could easily become a monarch has CHA 18. And the priest considered to be worthy of being said legendary leader's second-in-command and a competent battlefield commander has WIS 17 and CHA 13.

It sounds like your assumption is that anyone within a very broad range of abilities would still have straight 10s.

Yes. They're called Commoners, aka your average person.

Pro gymnasts would have 19-20 Dexterity, so my 17 Dexterity doesn't seem too farfetched.

No, most pro gymnasts would have around 14. 19-20 is literally the best in the world with a good margin above the rest.

If I were completely unable to do exercise, my Strength (and/or) Constitution would be below 5. My Intelligence is somewhere around 14-15 because when I said moderately complex,

Moderately complex is 12-13.

GlenSmash!
2017-07-19, 11:45 AM
Strength 12 used to be 14 when I was lifting regularly
Dexterity 8 My hand I coordination is terrible, and while I do some yoga, it mostly highlights how inflexible I am
Constitution 12-14 I almost never get sick, and learned through some sports and martial arts, that can take an above average beating
Intelligence ?? I would consider myself a 14, I don't consider myself that smart, but in IQ and standardized tests I always measured in the 99th percentile which I think would be 16-17. It may be that my job in STEM just surrounds me with really smart people.
Wisdom 14-16 I perceive a lot of things around me really easily and am a pretty good judge of characters.
Charisma 8 I'm easily persuaded by my more charismatic friends, but If I have to convince someone of something, I have to use Logic and reason. I just don't have a powerful personality.

Spiritchaser
2017-07-19, 11:47 AM
Using the 3d6 bell curve, a 17 places you within the top 3% of the population. Would you say that you have better coordination than almost every person you meet?

There can be a bit of a trick to looking at it this way.

We tend to spend recreational time with people who have similar skills, we talk with people who have similar interests, and possibly we even work with people who have some similar aptitudes.

This won't be true for everyone, but in many cases, your position relative to the people you encounter regularly won't be the best indication of your position relative to the population at large.

Gastronomie
2017-07-19, 11:50 AM
STR 16 is enough to break a stone statue into pieces without any tool, and is also the strength of apes like orangutans or gorillas (both are said in the MM). In comparison, the typical humanoid mook with melee combat training, who has to fight for survival, has STR 13.

A legendary military leader who can makes followers willing to die for their banner and who could easily become a monarch has CHA 18. And the priest considered to be worthy of being said legendary leader's second-in-command and a competent battlefield commander has WIS 17 and CHA 13.Well, that's that, then. The fact all our characters have 18s and 20s in their best score make it seem like it's pretty easy to reach those heights, but I completely forgot that our characters are super-powerful heroes, not random normal guys from the 21st century.

Demonslayer666
2017-07-19, 12:08 PM
Str 11, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 10

My dex and Int might be higher. I am pretty good at Table Tennis and I have a Computer Science degree. Wisdom, I have no idea, but I am very perceptive (may be skill based). Not sure on Charisma either. I have several close friends, and a couple handfuls of friends and acquaintances but I'm not a talker and I dislike public speaking.

smcmike
2017-07-19, 12:11 PM
Unoriginal, you use a couple of different methods here, none of which really works.

STR 16 is enough to break a stone statue into pieces without any tool

I'm not where this is from, but directly comparing physical feats gets VERY confusing. For example, do you think the average person is able to lift 300 pounds, and carry 150? These numbers seem high to me.

How about jumping? The numbers get pretty weird, here, since 10 strength allows a 6' person to reach 12', meaning that the average person can throw down NBA-worthy dunks. Meanwhile, top long-jumpers go 27+ feet, which would indicate strength scores well beyond bounded accuracy.

In other words, I don't think this method of comparison is very consistent.

and is also the strength of apes like orangutans or gorillas (both are said in the MM).

Except in real life, apes vary considerably in strength, and no human is as strong as a 500 lb silverback. Using animal listings just confuses matters.

STR
In comparison, the typical humanoid mook with melee combat training, who has to fight for survival, has STR 13.

Comparable, perhaps, to your average infantryman, or a typical high school football linebacker.

A legendary military leader who can makes followers willing to die for their banner and who could easily become a monarch has CHA 18. And the priest considered to be worthy of being said legendary leader's second-in-command and a competent battlefield commander has WIS 17 and CHA 13.

Sure, an 18 is certainly a high enough score to be legendary in a related field.

STR
Yes. They're called Commoners, aka your average person.

Or maybe the commoners in the game are simply flat 10s for ease of play? Is your contention simply that everyone in this forum is a commoner, and therefore our stats are straight 10s?

No, most pro gymnasts would have around 14. 19-20 is literally the best in the world with a good margin above the rest.

A PRO has a 14?! How many PRO GYMNASTS do you think there are in the world? When you are talking about professional athletes, you are already talking about the best of the best.

I suppose the amateur gymnasts I saw at my kid's gym the other day are commoners, with 10s for dex, the same as me, despite the fact that I couldn't do a cartwheel, and they were flipping through the air across the mat?

Lombra
2017-07-19, 12:19 PM
if I weren' t a commoner, my hero alter-ego would probably look something like this:(trying to stay among 8 and 15 for a level 1 start)
STR: 12
DEX: 12
I have 6 years of martial arts training in the background and I' m pretty biomechanically efficient, although it was a couple years ago. With some training I thik that I could reach 14/14.
CON: 14
I can withstand good amounts of pain and I rarely feel sick.
WIS: 15
INT: 14
CHA:8
mentally I consider myself as a good combination of wisdom and intelligence, I can find solution to most problems, even hard ones, I'd say that through discipline I eared quiet a good instict. Charisma is low not because I'm ugly (I' m not even a model but yeah, kinda average if an average exists) but because I have a hard time relating with other people, I' m also terrible at telling lies, but I'm probably proficient in diplomacy to make up for this bad score.

Despite being a good array for a cleric I have no faith in the canonical concept of gods, but since in D&D gods are very much more pragmatic than IRL, I can see my alter ego as a cleric, or anything that revolves around wisdom.

JNAProductions
2017-07-19, 12:20 PM
Strength-8
I have noodley nerd arms.

Dexterity-10
I'm pretty much average in terms of flexibility and whatnot. Maybe a 9, though-my reaction time ain't the best.

Constitution-9
Again, noodley nerd body. Plus I get sick easy.

Intelligence-13
I'm a bright person. Nothing too crazy, but I like to think I'm a bit above average.

Wisdom-8
I can be really damn oblivious.

Charisma-12
I'm a decently charming person. People tend to like me, so I think 12 is reasonable.

Overall, I'm definitely pretty dinger-dang average. I've got my highs, I've got my lows, but nothing crazy.

Naanomi
2017-07-19, 12:20 PM
Stats represent (for the most part) raw talent... a 'Professional' is probably someone with good natural ability (14-16?) with proficiency or expertise in the skill... I could easily see a professional gymnast with 14 DEX and Experise in Acrobatics

alchahest
2017-07-19, 12:21 PM
A lot of peak humans in this here thread.

Demonslayer666
2017-07-19, 12:28 PM
A lot of peak humans in this here thread.
My player rolled well.

Spiritchaser
2017-07-19, 12:42 PM
My player rolled well.

And don't forget those ASIs. I don't know where you are in life but at this point you might be level 4 At... Well something...

Unoriginal
2017-07-19, 12:44 PM
Leaving the other concerns aside for now (not that they are not valid).

Sure, an 18 is certainly a high enough score to be legendary in a related field.

And 16 is the step just below that, basically the best in the field unless there is a legendary person to upstage them.

Or maybe the commoners in the game are simply flat 10s for ease of play? Is your contention simply that everyone in this forum is a commoner, and therefore our stats are straight 10s?

Them having 10 is for easy of play, sure, but it's to represent people who are in the 8-12 range. I'm not going to say that everyone in the forum is a commoner, because we could have experts and more, my only contention is that if someone has the real-life equivalent of 16 in a stat, they're not going to be "I'm kinda good at this", it'd be "doctors consider me a reference in the matter" or the like.

[QUOTE=smcmike;22210681]
A PRO has a 14?! How many PRO GYMNASTS do you think there are in the world? When you are talking about professional athletes, you are already talking about the best of the best.

No? There is a lot of pro athletes.

They're good, don't get me wrong, but there is a lot of people who are pro without being the best of the best. For every Olympian gold medalists there are hundreds who never go on the podium, let alone go to the Olympics. For every champion boxers there are dozens and dozens who never rises up.

I suppose the amateur gymnasts I saw at my kid's gym the other day are commoners, with 10s for dex, the same as me, despite the fact that I couldn't do a cartwheel, and they were flipping through the air across the mat?

They would probably be in the 12-13 range

Naanomi
2017-07-19, 12:45 PM
And don't forget those ASIs. I don't know where you are in life but at this point you might be level 4 At... Well something...
Looking over the 'tiers of play' info; on average unless you are dealing with Nationial level problems, you are probably level 1-4

Demonslayer666
2017-07-19, 12:45 PM

At 46 I'm rather experienced at computer games. :)

Corsair14
2017-07-19, 12:49 PM
3-7 in any given stat is below human average.

8-12 would be the normal range for most humans with 8-9 being on the bottom end of normal and a 12 being the smart person in class and honor roll in school and a bachelors degree. A professional in his field would have maybe a 12 if they were good at their job in the related attribute. College athletes would mostly be in the 12 area.

13-14 is exceptional but not rare, did well in a masters program. An artist that actually makes a decent living using his/her skill. Lower level professional athletes and superstar college players. Working doctors that made it through med school with decent grades.

15-16 is extremely high. Doctorates that actually do something above and beyond. Vast majority of professional athletes in their related attribute. Artists that make exceptional art that sells for fairly decent money.

17-18 Only a tiny minority of the population would have a stat at this level. Stephen Hawking, Michael Jordan, Einstein, Hathcock, The Mountain, Arnold, Lou Ferigno. I seriously doubt any person on this thread would have anything in this category. The odds of having 2 stats in this area are next to impossible. Even when they complement each other like Strength and Con, you rarely see both to this level as training for this forces you to pick.

I think the highest I would expect to see on a rare occasion would be a 15. Now that I have thought about it I think I will edit my own scores down a bit. You need to have a good reason to be higher than a 14.

GlenSmash!
2017-07-19, 12:53 PM
3-7 in any given stat is below human average.

8-12 would be the normal range for most humans with 8-9 being on the bottom end of normal and a 12 being the smart person in class and honor roll in school and a bachelors degree. A professional in his field would have maybe a 12 if they were good at their job in the related attribute. College athletes would mostly be in the 12 area.

13-14 is exceptional but not rare, did well in a masters program. An artist that actually makes a decent living using his/her skill. Lower level professional athletes and superstar college players. Working doctors that made it through med school with decent grades.

15-16 is extremely high. Doctorates that actually do something above and beyond. Vast majority of professional athletes in their related attribute. Artists that make exceptional art that sells for fairly decent money.

17-18 Only a tiny minority of the population would have a stat at this level. Stephen Hawking, Michael Jordan, Einstein, Hathcock, The Mountain, Arnold, Lou Ferigno. I seriously doubt any person on this thread would have anything in this category. The odds of having 2 stats in this area are next to impossible. Even when they complement each other like Strength and Con, you rarely see both to this level as training for this forces you to pick.

I think the highest I would expect to see on a rare occasion would be a 15. Now that I have thought about it I think I will edit my own scores down a bit. You need to have a good reason to be higher than a 14.

I'm not so sure about this. Degrees, and doctorates are better represented with proficiencies and expertise that raw ability scores. A person can be a genius without ever becoming a doctor or a professor.

RogueGuy
2017-07-19, 12:58 PM
Remember, though. Aside from Strength and Intelligence, (and possibly Charisma) These stats are a broad representation of many different skills. For instance, Dexterity isn't just gymnastic skills, it's also reflexes, hand-eye coordination, dodging skill, how good you are with ranged weapons, flexibility, and so on. Wisdom represents common sense, willpower, attunement to your surroundings, and so on. Constitution represents energy, pain tolerance, immune system effectiveness, and so on. The reason I place these stats where they are is that I may not be good at one skill (such as gymastics [DEX]) but I excel at another skill in the same category (such as shooting [DEX]).

Spiritchaser
2017-07-19, 01:12 PM
Looking over the 'tiers of play' info; on average unless you are dealing with Nationial level problems, you are probably level 1-4

I'd argue that with population density increases, level 5-10 could be state/province/large city in today's world

smcmike
2017-07-19, 01:20 PM
13-14 Lower level professional athletes and superstar college players.

15-16 Vast majority of professional athletes in their related attribute.

17-18 Arnold,

A superstar college athlete usually has a good chance to become a good professional athlete, not a lower level pro. Also, many college athletes have lifted heavier weights than Arnold.

You need to have a good reason to be higher than a 14.

Why?

Citan
2017-07-19, 02:11 PM

Well, it seems I'm not the only one that had a very different view on "how exceptional" high scores in attributes would be. If 15 was genius, I would probably rate myself 14 max (I do have high IQ supposedly, although I consider this is a very bad way to assess intelligence in fact ^^).

But I do disagree with you on that stance. I didn't see anything in PHB that would hint as such. IMO, the "genius" and other qualifiers for "extraordinary" level of efficiency would start at 18.

Also, the thread was about "if you were a D&d character", which is slightly different than "what would your attributes be"? Most player characters have at least one stat at 15 or higher, so it's expected that some people would follow that trend.

The way I see it, among the answers you have those that answered like "how would you make a character by reflecting your own qualities and weaknesses" and "using d&d 5e standards, how would you rate your attributes in real-world"?
Which is why some people made extremely "low" or average arrays (I susped they are too modest for their own good also, but that's another matter ;)).

Remember, though. Aside from Strength and Intelligence, (and possibly Charisma) These stats are a broad representation of many different skills. For instance, Dexterity isn't just gymnastic skills, it's also reflexes, hand-eye coordination, dodging skill, how good you are with ranged weapons, flexibility, and so on. Wisdom represents common sense, willpower, attunement to your surroundings, and so on. Constitution represents energy, pain tolerance, immune system effectiveness, and so on. The reason I place these stats where they are is that I may not be good at one skill (such as gymastics [DEX]) but I excel at another skill in the same category (such as shooting [DEX]).
There is that too. :)

OverdrivePrime
2017-07-19, 02:45 PM
I'm 6'-3", 40 years old, and was a wrestler and devoted karate practitioner back before I became a very busy dad. Nowadays I'm not in nearly as good of shape, don't sleep much, and have a badly abused knee joints. I can still run a 10k in my work clothes, but I'll be walking like I'm 100 years old the next day.

OverdrivePrime, human male, level 5 web analytics guy and sometime martial artist:

This used to be a lot higher when I had the free time to work out. Five years ago I could bench about 320. Now it's more like 250. I can swing an wood axe, sledgehammer or claymore for hours with equal ease.
I can still dodge and roll surprisingly well for a guy my size, but a bum knee slows me at inopportune moments. I can hit a target well and reliably with a bow or a baseball, but not at great range, and not while dodging.
I don't get sick, and I can exert myself for hours. Still, I don't have the lungs I used to, and I'm not running marathons or triathlons anymore. I can trade punches all day, but would rather not absorb hits from a bat too often.
My job is to be a smarty pants data analyst. I learn quickly and grok patterns easily, and can maintain opposing perspectives about a topic while taking in new information. I have a wide range of interests that I keep up with, from astrophysics to sub-Roman Scottish anthropology to feminist media critiques.
I have excellent eyesight and can read people's emotions and intentions very well, but those are skill proficiencies. I rely on my intellect to hold back and re-think my first instincts, because when unchecked they can get me into trouble.
I'm tall and broad-shouldered with a friendly, easy-to-confide-in nature. People naturally respond well to me, but I don't do a whole lot to take advantage of it. I'm a very good storyteller and a lousy singer. I don't typically take the lead unless no one else steps up, but when i do, people respond very well. No one's following me into Hell, but I could definitely round up 20 people for a spirited pub crawl.

I miss these 'stat yourself' threads from my days as a regular on the 3.5 forum. They'd always devolve into angry arguments between people who thought that real life is supposed to be point buy, people who thought that real life is 4d6 drop the lowest, and people like me who think that in real life genetics and societal background unfairly adds or removes at least a d4 from various attributes.

IShouldntBehere
2017-07-19, 02:52 PM
Str - 9
dex - 9
con - 9
int - 10
wis - 10
cha - 3

Corsair14
2017-07-19, 02:57 PM
A superstar college athlete usually has a good chance to become a good professional athlete, not a lower level pro. Also, many college athletes have lifted heavier weights than Arnold.

Why?

True but a college draft player is still bottom of the heap typically compared to his new professional brethren who have been doing it for awhile. Its uncommon to see a rookie outdo experienced players the first year.

As to the Arnold thing, he is a template of muscular fitness at the highest level. You can throw in the World champion strongman or any other world class athlete, like say Jordan in his field.

Because a 14 is fairly exceptional to the common average. Its already mensa level. Most people wont have more than a 14 in any stat because it requires a lot of work to get to that point and by and large, most people will not be willing to put in the work to get there

I used the doctors and masters examples less as a skill and more as a measurement because of the intelligence it takes to earn those degrees at an accredited school. Also why I tiered it between normal doctors who do the same broad job everyday and the exceptional doctors that innovate and actually create discoveries that push society forward. Again though like the Arnold thing, its more of a stereotype class thing than an exact thing.

OverdrivePrime
2017-07-19, 03:33 PM
Because a 14 is fairly exceptional to the common average. Its already mensa level. Most people wont have more than a 14 in any stat because it requires a lot of work to get to that point and by and large, most people will not be willing to put in the work to get there.

Eeeeh. I think you might be giving too much weight to stats as opposed to proficiency and focus. 5e isn't exactly a perfect modeling system. That's kind of the point, vs a highly nuanced system like GURPs, Shadowrun or even 3.5. We modern, mundane humans will typically possess a much more broad range of poorly optimized skills than our characters in the game usually do.

If I were to really plug myself into a character sheet, I'd have proficiencies in arcana(science), athletics, history, insight, nature, persuasion, religion, and survival. That's a pretty silly and unlikely mishmash of skills for an adventurer, but pretty normal for a person with a masters' degree plus additional licensing, a couple different careers, and a wide range of hobbies. On paper, I'd have to be a vHuman with the Skilled feat, but then you'd think that I'd at least pick skills that have better synergy with my attribute array. Good friggin' luck with that character in a dungeon crawl, no matter what his stats are. :smallsmile:

smcmike
2017-07-19, 03:43 PM
Because a 14 is fairly exceptional to the common average. Its already mensa level.

Why do you say that? Like, what do you base this judgment on, exactly?

I used the doctors and masters examples less as a skill and more as a measurement because of the intelligence it takes to earn those degrees at an accredited school.

You can get an advanced degree in most subjects at an accredited school with average or slightly above-average intelligence. There is a floor below which you'd have a problem, but it is not super high. In many fields, even super stars don't have to be geniuses - they just have to work hard.

The reason I get back to sports, and particularly very simple sports, is that they are directly competitive in a way that other things are not. Gary Kasparov clearly has an elite level intelligence, by at least one measure of intelligence.

SaurOps
2017-07-19, 04:20 PM
Unoriginal, you use a couple of different methods here, none of which really works.

I'm not where this is from, but directly comparing physical feats gets VERY confusing. For example, do you think the average person is able to lift 300 pounds, and carry 150? These numbers seem high to me.

It depends on the average of what and where. It probably isn't the average modern figure, or even one from a real-world, historical context. It's from a magical adventure land, where people apparently don't have muscle fibers snapping or bones breaking when they try to pull off legendary feats of strength.

How about jumping? The numbers get pretty weird, here, since 10 strength allows a 6' person to reach 12', meaning that the average person can throw down NBA-worthy dunks. Meanwhile, top long-jumpers go 27+ feet, which would indicate strength scores well beyond bounded accuracy.

In other words, I don't think this method of comparison is very consistent.

Yeah, D&D's Ability scores are more narrative shorthand than anything that relates to or describes real qualities that exist in living beings, whatever those might be.

Except in real life, apes vary considerably in strength, and no human is as strong as a 500 lb silverback. Using animal listings just confuses matters.

Especially D&D's slap-dash, nonsensical animal stats. Or, honestly, stats in general.

Dr.Samurai
2017-07-19, 05:44 PM
Ok, this is always a bit tricky but...

Strength 20 - I can open beer bottles with my fingers. And not the twist off kind, but the ones designed to be opened with bottle openers. And when I change the tire on my car, I can usually remove the lugs with the tire iron without having to position the tire iron and then step on it. So yeah, probably 20.

Constitution 20 - Each year I don't get the flu shot, and each year I don't get the flu. Also, one time I was out with my friends and I ordered some mussels as an appetizer. When they were brought to the table they smelled bad. Like... really bad. Awful. They were definitely off. Everyone warned me not to eat them or else I'd get sick. I ate them and didn't get sick. So probably a 20 here as well.

Dexterity 20 - I've got pretty good aim and reflexes. I have never hit the rim of the toilet bowl when peeing, and it's gotten to the point where I probably don't even have to lift the seat if I don't want to. I still do, just so that I don't develop a bad habit. And whenever my friends and I eat hibachi and the chef tosses the broccoli, I always catch it in my mouth. Also, at parties I like to do the knife/hand trick from Aliens that Bishop does, and like Bishop I only ever cut myself a little bit, not like a full blown stab wound. So I'd say a 20 dexterity.

Intelligence 20 - I always finish crossword puzzles and wordsearch puzzles pretty quickly. And sometimes, when the newspaper has that super sudoku that's like a bigger version of regular sudoku, I beat it like if it was regular sudoku. Like, it doesn't take me any longer and I don't feel like it's more challenging. So I think that's a 20 intelligence.

Wisdom 20 - I'll just give an example from a recent night out... I was out with three of my friends. Two of them are dating. So we all shared an uber home, and the couple wanted to split the cost three ways, but my other friend insisted that we split it four ways. It was a huge messy fight and they were almost not going to be friends anymore, but I was able to resolve this dispute pretty easily and with everyone agreeing. I mean... I'm not saying I'm Solomon or anything, just that I have a 20 wisdom.

Charisma 20 - Whenever I go out, servers and receptionists always really like me and go out of their way to help me. Also, I've been told by a lot of people that I have a nice singing voice when they overhear me singing in the shower. No, I haven't had any voice lessons lol. So I'd say that's probably a 20 charisma.

So that's about it. That's before ASIs, because I'm not sure what class I would be. Probably a mix of classes to represent all of my various skills and abilities. Maybe gestalt would be a better fit than multiclassing. I'll have to think on this...

RickAsWritten
2017-07-19, 06:10 PM
I don't know about the rest of the scores, but I know my Charisma score would be directly related to the amount of alcohol I've ingested.

STR-10
DEX-12
CON-10
INT-14
WIS-13
CHA-8-->16-->4(while still believing I'm at 16)

GlenSmash!
2017-07-19, 07:04 PM
I don't know about the rest of the scores, but I know my Charisma score would be directly related to the amount of alcohol I've ingested.

I find mine improves related to the amount of alcohol everyone else has consumed!

Spiritchaser
2017-07-19, 09:00 PM

...So that's about it. That's before ASIs, because I'm not sure what class I would be. Probably a mix of classes to represent all of my various skills and abilities. Maybe gestalt would be a better fit than multiclassing. I'll have to think on this...

100 as valid as any and considerably more entertaining reading than most.

And bad mussels! Seriously, those must be DC 30!

Twizzly513
2017-07-19, 09:20 PM
I took the test at easydamus.com a couple times, checking answers with friends to make sure I wasn't overdoing anything. It's 5e, but it seems like it works at least similar?

Strength: 16, I do difficult workouts on a daily basis to keep myself in shape. I got in good shape from doing martial arts at a gym (MMA, Muay Thai kickboxing, and giu gitsu specifically) and I hate feeling like I've gone downhill from anywhere. I'm the strongest of my friends by far.
Dexterity: 15, I can sneak around well, and can consistently catch things when they fall, occasionally to the amazement of my friends. "Did you mean to drop that?" "No."
Constitution: 15, I have a high pain tolerance and endurance, probably from doing the aforementioned martial arts
Intelligence: 19, I was the top of my class, and have a near-photographic memory.
Wisdom: 18, I'm an excellent judge of people's character, and my friends often come to me for life advice
Charisma: 18, My friends always say I'm the real-life bard because I can persuade people to do nearly anything, lie my way out of situations flawlessly, and I'd like to think I'm not a bad-looking dude.

EDIT: I do have the same thing in my signature, but it also has class and alignment and such

SaurOps
2017-07-19, 09:21 PM

Strength 20 - I can open beer bottles with my fingers. And not the twist off kind, but the ones designed to be opened with bottle openers. And when I change the tire on my car, I can usually remove the lugs with the tire iron without having to position the tire iron and then step on it. So yeah, probably 20.

Constitution 20 - Each year I don't get the flu shot, and each year I don't get the flu. Also, one time I was out with my friends and I ordered some mussels as an appetizer. When they were brought to the table they smelled bad. Like... really bad. Awful. They were definitely off. Everyone warned me not to eat them or else I'd get sick. I ate them and didn't get sick. So probably a 20 here as well.

Dexterity 20 - I've got pretty good aim and reflexes. I have never hit the rim of the toilet bowl when peeing, and it's gotten to the point where I probably don't even have to lift the seat if I don't want to. I still do, just so that I don't develop a bad habit. And whenever my friends and I eat hibachi and the chef tosses the broccoli, I always catch it in my mouth. Also, at parties I like to do the knife/hand trick from Aliens that Bishop does, and like Bishop I only ever cut myself a little bit, not like a full blown stab wound. So I'd say a 20 dexterity.

Intelligence 20 - I always finish crossword puzzles and wordsearch puzzles pretty quickly. And sometimes, when the newspaper has that super sudoku that's like a bigger version of regular sudoku, I beat it like if it was regular sudoku. Like, it doesn't take me any longer and I don't feel like it's more challenging. So I think that's a 20 intelligence.

Wisdom 20 - I'll just give an example from a recent night out... I was out with three of my friends. Two of them are dating. So we all shared an uber home, and the couple wanted to split the cost three ways, but my other friend insisted that we split it four ways. It was a huge messy fight and they were almost not going to be friends anymore, but I was able to resolve this dispute pretty easily and with everyone agreeing. I mean... I'm not saying I'm Solomon or anything, just that I have a 20 wisdom.

Charisma 20 - Whenever I go out, servers and receptionists always really like me and go out of their way to help me. Also, I've been told by a lot of people that I have a nice singing voice when they overhear me singing in the shower. No, I haven't had any voice lessons lol. So I'd say that's probably a 20 charisma.

So that's about it. That's before ASIs, because I'm not sure what class I would be. Probably a mix of classes to represent all of my various skills and abilities. Maybe gestalt would be a better fit than multiclassing. I'll have to think on this...

I only have one question - how do you post here from Athas? (^VVVVVV^)

Sans.
2017-07-19, 10:42 PM
Str 6, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 11, Cha 8.

Cybren
2017-07-19, 10:46 PM
Str 20
Dex 20
Con 20
Int 20
Wis 20
Dex 20

Or at least, I wrote my name, height, weight, race, and job title on an index card with that, we'll see if it worked.

miburo
2017-07-20, 09:28 PM
Str: 19, Dex: 19, Con: 19, Int: 19, Wis: 19, Cha: 19. Gotta leave some room for those ASIs :smallbiggrin:

Seriously though (or at least as semi-serious as threads like these get), I'm operating under 5e assumptions that 10 is average, 8 or 12 is slightly below/above average, 16 is powerful but within reach of an exceptional first level character, and 20 is peak of human ability.

miburo, human male level 4 product manager

Str: 10 - Skinny build but lift and exercise regularly, probably rounds out to average
Dex: 12 - Good reflexes and hand-eye coordination, several years of martial arts and ballroom dance
Con: 9 - Good cardiovascular endurance, used to do triathlons and other races, but tend to fall sick and get injured more easily than the average person.
Int: 15 - A couple of graduate degrees, pick up new things and problem-solve quickly, encyclopedic knowledge of esoteric subjects (though that probably applies to everyone on GitP)
Wis: 12 - Good situational awareness, and part of my job involves understanding/empathizing with other people's motivations and desires.
Cha: 12 - Get along well with different groups of people, fronted a couple of bands, and the other part of my job involves a lot of influencing without authority.

LaserFace
2017-07-20, 10:08 PM
Size Large
Type Monstrosity
Alignment Unaligned
AC 13 (Natural Armor)
HP 59 (7d10+21)
Speed 40 ft.
STR 20
DEX 12
CON 17
INT 3
WIS 12
CHA 7
Senses Darkvision 60 Ft.
Passive Perception 13
Skills Perception +3

Traits
Keen Sight and Smell: LaserFace has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight or smell.

Actions
Multiattack: LaserFace makes two attacks: one with its beak and one with its claws.

Beak: Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (1d10 + 5) piercing damage.

Claws: Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (2d8 + 5) slashing damage.

furby076
2017-07-20, 10:40 PM
Man, i hate this stuff, but I'll bite

Str 16 (bench about 250)
Dex 11 or 12. . I ski, run, box
Con: 16 i boxed competitively, ive climbed kilimanjaro, and i can hold my breath underwater for over a minute
Int: 13 or 14. I have a pretty good processor, but my disk space sucks (i.e. i figure things out, but forget stuff)
Wis: 14...i have always made pretty good decisions. I also see this as a willpower score....it takes a lot to phase me
Cha : 14 to 16. I have quite a bit of friends. I was captain of rotc rifle team and trained about 200 college kids how to use m16s, and m60s. Im also a leader in my job, and typically need to convince people why they should be excited to work on something. Plus, in my single days, me and the women got along quite well :)

PeteNutButter
2017-07-20, 11:31 PM
Hmm how do we do this and try and be humble...

Str: 13 (I lift weights, but far from huge)
Dex: 14 (Can dance, do martial arts, shoot well, great balance)
Con: 14 (Never get sick, do my share of cardio, can still pass my PT test)
Int: 15 (Me smurt)
Wis: 7 (low impulse control, no perception, forgetful, inattentive. It's amazing I'm still alive... Probably trained in insight though, so long as I'm motivated enough to pay attention.)
Cha: 16 (Good success being likable when desired, or steal the scene. Positive experience in command of over 250 Soldiers at a time. Tends to take charge (and be followed) in group situations.)

I guess I could make a mediocre paladin, sorcerer, or warlock. Definitely pick paladin for life though.

90sMusic
2017-07-21, 05:43 AM
Strength: 14
I'm above average here because i'm very athletic. I do a lot of running on the weekends and do a lot of rock/mountain climbing as a hobby.

Dexterity: 16
I have outstanding balance and reflexes from years of avoiding stepping on dogs who like to stand under my feet. Was also a dancer and a gymnast.

Constitution: 14?
I guess? Hard to judge this one. Medications tend to have little effect on me and usually takes a lot more than a normal person in order to have an effect, I also have a really high pain tolerance because I grew up rather rough and tumble out in the country

Intelligence: 16
Above average and know a little bit about just about everything. I love puzzles and am very good at them.

Wisdom: 8
I am usually the last person in the world to notice some change in someone's appearance or attitude unless i'm actually looking for it. I'm also apparently a really bad judge of character because I tend to always think people are lying to me, trying to manipulate me, or being jerks even when they aren't.

Charisma: 18
It doesn't come across very well online, but in real life im very charismatic. I'm the person everyone in the room tends to flock toward whenever they walk in and I end up being at the center of all the conversations.

My class is definitely a bard. I love to sing, I love to perform and tell jokes and just put on a show in general. I can play piano, violin, and various forms of guitar.

I'm proficient in:
Athletics, for obvious reasons with my hobbies and love of being outdoors and exercise.
Acrobatics, my dancing and gymnastics training qualify here. I was also a cheerleader which should count.
Stealth, i'm VERY sneaky. Sneaking up on people and scaring them is one of my favorite things in the world to do. >:D
Arcana? I guess? I'm a huge nerd and have played so many video games and read so many books and seen so many TV shows and movies, I know a little bit about just about every kind of magic in a multitude of universes.
Investigation, i'm really good at figuring out how things work, finding clues, that sort of thing
Religion, although i'm staunchly atheist these days, I was raised christian and I know all the stories and characters and such in the bible, I also know many prayers in english and in latin from having them drilled into my head repetitively over the years when I was growing up.
Animal Handling, i'm VERY good with animals. It is one of my best skills, i'd say expertise in this skill. I have trained dogs and horses, have worked with heaps of animals from foxes, skunks, wolves, pigs, cows, raccoons, opossums, snakes, turtles, scorpions, spiders, birds, squirrels, i'm sure there are things i'm missing.
Medicine, between my immediately family including aunts and uncles, there are 2 doctors, 3 nurses, and a veterinarian. I picked up a lot of information over the years. I'm also BLS certified so i'm trained in CPR and how to use defibrillators. Have had to give many injections throughout my life both subcutaneous and intravenous, to people and animals (horses and dogs), etc.
Deception, I like to joke with people a lot by lying to them about something then when i'm sure they believe me I tell them i'm just playing.
Performance, obviously, i'm a musician and a singer so. :)
Persuasion, I can be very persuasive and can just about always convince people to either do something for me or to let me do something that normally I wouldn't be able to.

Skills I suck at:
Sleight of Hand. I have tried really hard to practice magic tricks, even simple ones, and I just can't seem to do it. I wasn't made for that apparently.
History. One of my worst subjects in school. I couldn't tell you the dates of anything that ever happened. I have a very selective memory about certain parts of history that I enjoy that I am pretty well versed in, but as a general rule i'm terrible at this and routinely run into social situations where some people are talking about something that happened in the past and I have no clue what they are talking about or I only know of it in very vague/general terms and don't know any of the specifics.
Nature. I love to be outdoors and i'm pretty knowledgeable about animal behaviors and good places to climb and things like that, but I don't know ANYTHING about trees. My mom could identify like 30 different types of trees just by strolling through the woods in our backyard back home, I just know very very basic tree species I feel like I just don't know much about nature in general, except for animals.
Insight. Like I said earlier, I have a hard time reading people. I tend towards being paranoid and always expecting the worst from people so I never really have a good sense of their mood or what they are thinking or if they are screwing with me.
Perception. I never notice anything unless it is pointed out to me. I cannot tell you how many times i'll be riding in a car full of people and someone will be like "Oh look at that" and everyone else in the car looks and is like "Oh wow" and i'm sitting there saying "Where? Where is it? What is it?" and then they're like "You missed it, we went past it now". This happens constantly. I also never seem to notice changes, even big ones, like entirely new buildings constructed somewhere that I drive by semi-frequently (this happens a lot) or little things like new hairstyles or clothes, etc.