PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spells for Legendary Item

Barstro
2017-07-19, 07:59 AM
Having run out of Feats and Abilities that I like for my character, I'm leaning towards making a Legendary Ring.

Main ability I will place on it is; Spellcasting

Spellcasting: This item allows its bearer to cast a limited number of spells as spell-like abilities. This ability can be taken more than once. Each time it’s taken, the bonded creature gains 5 points to spend on selecting what spells the item can cast. A spell costs a number of points equal to its level (minimum 1). The bearer can then activate the item to use each spell-like ability once per day. By spending double the cost, the bearer can use each spell-like ability three times per day. All spells must come from the same class’s spell list. No spell can have a level higher than the bonded creature’s tier. The caster level for these spells is equal to double the bonded creature’s tier. The save DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell level + the bonded creature’s tier.

Frankly, I plan on taking it eight or nine times.

With Mythic Haste, my character can activate the ring once per round (in addition to other spellcasting).

What are the best spells for this? It appears that any class's spells are on the table. My character is a Sorcerer who will already be able to cast a ridiculous amount of spells, so I'm really looking for things on other lists.

EDIT: My PC does NOT want to cast any spell that requires a d20 to attack an enemy (roleplaying choice).

Not sure there is much need for most healing type spells, but I'll certain look into it. Might be useful if just for some form of contingency. Mythic has a lot of ways to keep PCs alive (if not healthy).

Calthropstu
2017-07-19, 08:11 AM
Some good ones include Heal, Harm, Commune, Miracle, Planar Ally, and maybe a cure spell.

Barstro
2017-07-19, 08:12 AM
Some good ones include Heal, Harm, Commune, Miracle, Planar Ally, and maybe a cure spell.

True. I added some caveats to my initial question based on your suggestions.

Calthropstu
2017-07-19, 08:30 AM
Some other good ones: speak with dead, raise dead/ressurection, restoration (spell like ability... no material cost).

Barstro
2017-07-19, 08:35 AM
(spell like ability... no material cost).

Breaking the already broken. I'll really have to restrain myself.

Calthropstu
2017-07-19, 09:40 AM
You're dealing with mythic. Mythic is... a little insane on the power level.
Mythic augmented time stop. Enough said.

Barstro
2017-07-19, 12:07 PM
Mythic augmented time stop. Enough said.

Already have that planned. Hopefully I never feel that it must be used.

I prefer to shine the limelight upon others, not bask in it myself.

gartius
2017-07-22, 04:11 AM
With Mythic Haste, my character can activate the ring once per round (in addition to other spellcasting).

Just to clarify, you gain a an additional move action only for casting mythic haste-there is nothing that would allow you to cast an additional spell per round in mythic rules as even with the additional standard action by spending mythic point you cannot cast an additional spell

Barstro
2017-07-24, 12:39 PM
Just to clarify, you gain a an additional move action only for casting mythic haste-there is nothing that would allow you to cast an additional spell per round in mythic rules as even with the additional standard action by spending mythic point you cannot cast an additional spell

You are correct. I was thinking about the Tier 2 ability. That you for pointing that out before I accidentally tried to misuse it in a fight.

That makes the legendary item even less useful than I originally thought. Damn, now what am I supposed to use? I'll have to think things through a bit more.

Calthropstu
2017-07-24, 01:45 PM
You are correct. I was thinking about the Tier 2 ability. That you for pointing that out before I accidentally tried to misuse it in a fight.

That makes the legendary item even less useful than I originally thought. Damn, now what am I supposed to use? I'll have to think things through a bit more.

Wait until tier 8 to get the legendary item, then get it again at tier 9. Use all of the item abilities for intelligent item and get spellcasting twice at tier 8 and don't spend the points. Do it again at tier 9 and get wish or miracle 3 times per day as a spell like ability.

gartius
2017-07-25, 01:55 AM
The best thing to use the spells for are generally long term casting like resist energy or spells with expensive components which you ignore since they are spell like abilities like restoration.