PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to get Owl's Insight onto a cleric?

magicalmagicman
2017-07-19, 09:38 AM
This would solve 100% of my woes. Anyway for a Cleric to get it? Domain powers? ACFs? Summon SLAs?

Its such a gigantic Spell Save DC booster that stacks with enhancement bonuses.

Bronk
2017-07-19, 09:53 AM
Well, you could use leadership to get a druid casting cohort, or use scrolls and UMD.

This thread might help:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?401545-Racial-Druid-casting

Beheld
2017-07-19, 09:58 AM
If you are level 17 you can emulate it with Miracle.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-07-19, 10:09 AM
Owl's insight is a fifth-level Transmutation spell, so limited wish can emulate it if Transmutation is not a banned school for you (as a cleric, that should be easy). The Envy and Spell domains both offer limited wish. I'd say that the Spell domain is the superior choice, because of anyspell, but Envy is rather good (it has magic jar, simulacrum, and wish).

haplot
2017-07-19, 01:15 PM
I thought I'd read somewhere on the internet that all the stat spells were for both the cleric and the sor / wiz spell lists, but weren't mentioned in their respective lists when the book got printed.

Only problem is that I can't find where I read this, and I'm kinda assuming you want something offical to say 'ooo i can do this'

Will keep looking for you

ExLibrisMortis
2017-07-19, 02:13 PM
I thought I'd read somewhere on the internet that all the stat spells were for both the cleric and the sor / wiz spell lists, but weren't mentioned in their respective lists when the book got printed.

Only problem is that I can't find where I read this, and I'm kinda assuming you want something offical to say 'ooo i can do this'

Will keep looking for you
I think you mean owl's wisdom (and its equivalents), which are second-level sor/wiz spells, and appear on bard, cleric, druid, paladin, and ranger lists in various combinations. For example, clerics can cast bear's endurance, bull's strength, eagle's splendour, and owl's wisdom, but not cat's grace or fox's cunning.

Owl's insight is a whole different spell, much more potent than owl's wisdom, and not in the PHB.

magicalmagicman
2017-07-19, 06:16 PM
If you are level 17 you can emulate it with Miracle.

I forgot about this. At least this method will ensure I eventually have access to it.

Owl's insight is a fifth-level Transmutation spell, so limited wish can emulate it if Transmutation is not a banned school for you (as a cleric, that should be easy). The Envy and Spell domains both offer limited wish. I'd say that the Spell domain is the superior choice, because of anyspell, but Envy is rather good (it has magic jar, simulacrum, and wish).

The XP cost is killer imo. I'll think about it but I'm usually a 0xp cost guy.

Well, you could use leadership to get a druid casting cohort, or use scrolls and UMD.

This thread might help:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?401545-Racial-Druid-casting

My DM hates leadership with a passion.

DarkSoul
2017-07-19, 08:02 PM
Be a Raptoran. The Skypledged PrC gets a spellpool, a la' Mage of the Arcane Order, but it includes cleric and druid spells in the spellpool.

Edit: However, depending on how close your DM sticks to the printed rules, you may be restricted to only PHB spells in the spellpool, which would put you back where you started.

Gullintanni
2017-07-19, 08:27 PM
Be a Raptoran. The Skypledged PrC gets a spellpool, a la' Mage of the Arcane Order, but it includes cleric and druid spells in the spellpool.

Edit: However, depending on how close your DM sticks to the printed rules, you may be restricted to only PHB spells in the spellpool, which would put you back where you started.

There is apparently an optional, Non-Raptoran adaptation for Skypledged in RotW, confer with your DM.

haplot
2017-07-20, 12:28 AM
I think you mean owl's wisdom (and its equivalents), which are second-level sor/wiz spells, and appear on bard, cleric, druid, paladin, and ranger lists in various combinations. For example, clerics can cast bear's endurance, bull's strength, eagle's splendour, and owl's wisdom, but not cat's grace or fox's cunning.

Owl's insight is a whole different spell, much more potent than owl's wisdom, and not in the PHB.

Ahh my bad. What comes of not reading properly :D I stand corrected

Endarire
2017-07-20, 09:21 PM
Carefully consider what Skypledged restricts or removes, as in the ability to cast any [Air], [Water], and [Earth] spell. Summons apply. Called creatures apply. Other useful stuff probably also applies.

Elkad
2017-07-20, 09:48 PM
Wow, never noticed that one before. (specifically the not-enhancement part)

Does it have equivalents for the other stats?

Thurbane
2017-07-29, 07:19 PM
If Dragon Magazine is allowed, there's the Customize Domain (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?383602-Bending-God-s-Will-The-Customize-Domain-Handbook) feat (Dragon # 325). You should be able to add Owl's Insight to the Animal domain, for instance.

Due to the wording of the feat, may require a 1 level dip in Druid.

Silva Stormrage
2017-07-29, 09:27 PM
UMD and a runestaff with Owl's insight should also work if you can manage it.