PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How Do You Store Your Player Companions?

Palanan
2017-07-19, 06:02 PM
Here lately I’ve built up a collection of paperback APs and Player Companions, and they’re starting to become an unwieldy pile.

So, how do folks store their paperback Pathfinder material? Are there sleeves or binders that happen to fit just right?

Thealtruistorc
2017-07-20, 09:48 AM
I went digital a while back. It saves space and money and lets you access all your books on a tablet.

For my paperbacks, I have a bookshelf reserved for my books or keep them in a stack on my desk.

Florian
2017-07-20, 09:54 AM
Basically, I don´t.

I´ve got a book and PDF subscription, preferring the actual books for research and prep work.
I simply cram the books in a bookshelf (or leave them near my bed after reading) and have the PDFs on my iPad.

legomaster00156
2017-07-20, 09:56 AM
I use a flash drive. :smallbiggrin:

Forrestfire
2017-07-20, 10:40 AM
I have a decent amount of hard and softcover ttrpg books, and I tend to just store them on a bookshelf. :smallconfused:

chimaeraUndying
2017-07-20, 11:54 AM
If you don't wanna go digital, look for acid-free cardboard boxes or some other form of opaque container; don't use plastic since it'll let light through that can damage the books over time.

Vizzerdrix
2017-07-20, 12:27 PM
For the longest time I had some large boating boxes (picture an orange heavy duty plastic ammo box) that was the perfect size for 7 or 8 books at a time with room on top of the books for dice. I could slap a lock on them and they where water tight. They where fantastic! But I converted my books to digital and now keep a copy of them on my tablet. Sold off and gave away my hard cover books a long time ago. I miss those boxes.

Geddy2112
2017-07-20, 03:45 PM
I second going digital, including editable PDF character sheets and storing them on a drive/cloud/flash/whatever.

Palanan
2017-07-20, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix
For the longest time I had some large boating boxes (picture an orange heavy duty plastic ammo box) that was the perfect size for 7 or 8 books at a time with room on top of the books for dice.

This sounds very interesting. Do you remember what brand the boxes were?

As for the digital option, I prefer physical books, and I can’t see paying again for PDFs of what I’ve already bought in paperback.

BWR
2017-07-21, 03:40 AM
Not so much Player Companions but RPG books in general: shelves and various piles strewn around on tables and chairs in the living room.
With digital copies of everything.

Maximum Carnage
2017-07-21, 11:17 AM
I also agree with people that are saying digital is the way to go. Myth-weavers is a great place for sheets, and you can simply tuck that into your medium of play (online that is) by copying and pasting the link address into the token you're using or the like. I use Roll20 so it pretty much works flawlessly on there.

Companions are always kind of a b**** to deal with. I definitely overlook them, wanting to get the players squared away before adding finishing touches. One way I've found to keep good track of them is to simply paste them into the notes section of their respected character sheets. So if you pull up Billy the Barbarian, his info and companions are right there on the same page.

Hope this helps,
MC

BWR
2017-07-21, 02:57 PM
Forgot to mention that I use this (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00324132/)sort of thing for magazines and large numbers of floppy supplements.

Elkad
2017-07-21, 06:46 PM
I'm down to a single PHB for my whole group. Everything else is digital, except the maptable, minis, and dice.