PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Ward source.

Jds1982
2017-07-20, 12:22 PM
Hello, I was hoping someone might be able to locate the source for a Warlock invocation I came across. I've seen it several places, but I'm not sure if its homebrew or official.

"Eldritch Ward: Lesser, 4th; Surrounded by swirling eldritch energies that provide a deflection AC bonus equal to your Eldritch Blast dice as well as granting a resistance bonus to saves against spells equal to your Eldritch Blast dice for one minute. While Eldritch Ward is active, the warlock may not use his Eldritch Blast ability. The caster may dismiss this invocation effect as a standard action."

ATHATH
2017-07-20, 02:40 PM
It's homebrew.

Jds1982
2017-07-20, 03:42 PM
Well that's unfortunate.

AOKost
2017-07-20, 03:47 PM
"Eldritch Ward: Lesser, 4th; Surrounded by swirling eldritch energies that provide a deflection AC bonus equal to your Eldritch Blast dice as well as granting a resistance bonus to saves against spells equal to your Eldritch Blast dice for one minute. While Eldritch Ward is active, the warlock may not use his Eldritch Blast ability. The caster may dismiss this invocation effect as a standard action."

If I were to re-vamp it (since it's homebrew anyway) I would suggest only gaining the AC bonus, not the spell resistance.

ATHATH
2017-07-20, 04:08 PM
If I were to re-vamp it (since it's homebrew anyway) I would suggest only gaining the AC bonus, not the spell resistance.
It gives a resistance bonus to saves, not spell resistance.

AOKost
2017-07-21, 05:32 AM
It gives a resistance bonus to saves, not spell resistance.

My mistake, thanks for the correction.