PDA

View Full Version : Surviving Rokugen Politics (L5R 4e) – Year of the Mouse

NooDM
2017-07-20, 05:48 PM
This is the first game where I am in the leading seat (unintentionally as well) of politics for the party, so becoming Daimyo of the Mouse Clan was a rapid change of pace.

The main question as a whole is, what am I to do to survive the world of politics, allocate power properly and impress the Emperor?
Any advice will be appreciated for this venture, setting specific or otherwise.

Short Version

During the Autumn/Winter of 662, after famines and floods, City of Remembrance heimin were being stolen of food by Phoenix Samurai.
Our party of Ronin helped channel the peasant revolt to reduce casualties (by ending the phoenix there and the Emerald Magistrate) with our band now running the show.

Thanks to smooth winter court actions, we were able to get a year of samurai-hood (and clan-hood) from the Emperor to prove our worth, and I (as Daimyo) have to go see him (or have him visit me) after the winter courts to know what he wants from me and what I am doing ATM etc.

Positions

The City/Clan has:

Magistrate (Mountain Man)
Military Advisor (one of the PCs) - At Winter Court
Scout master (PC)
Master of Coin (PC) - At Winter Court
2x Captains (one Ex Yakuza muscle and one old Forest Killer)
3x Courtiers of the Clan (from experienced Merchants of city)

Everyone important in the city has pretty much sworn fealty to the new clan (good explosions on that roll).
All the rest of the positions are empty or technically me until I get those places filled.

Resources

There is enough food in the granary to ration till Spring, two river boats remade to take fish from the shoreline and some measure of fish giving from the fishing towns (Every 7 fish, give 2 to the other).

We maintain connections with the Mining and Construction Material villages and we will have better walls by Spring that can actually stand an assault for a serious military force.

Clans

Mantis, Tortoise and Fox clans like us, Phoenix are actively hostile, Dragon are annoyed (we were part of the Lion invasion). Everyone else is indifferent.

Extra

We have an accurate map of our northern reaches and a phoenix fort preventing further movement.
I'm already getting married to a Yuki-Onna (Bad Fortunes Disadvantage).

I will add extra details on request.