PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington dead

Starwulf
2017-07-20, 06:47 PM
Right now it looks like it was suicide according to the articles I've read.

Really sad, Linkin Park has been one of my favorite bands since I first heard them, which was just a little bit before they got really popular. While I wasn't fond of their middle stuff, their newest stuff was getting good, and now there will be no more :-(.

Razade
2017-07-20, 07:05 PM
Yep, seems so. I suspected drugs or suicide and it seems it might be both. Living in Phoenix, his home town, the radio is aflutter with Linkin Park music. Makes me glad that I own CDs still. Sad to lose someone so young I guess.

Haruspex_Pariah
2017-07-20, 08:33 PM
Yeah, kind of bummed. I had a pretty big Linkin Park phase midway through high school, starting when Hybrid Theory came out. Drifted away from them post-Meteora, but by then I also gave up on the idea of fixating on one specific band and started listening to whatever grabbed my attention. No more sticking a tape into a walkman and playing it all the way through side A, flip it over to side B, then play it all the way to the end of that*.

*I am pretty sure I listened to Hybrid Theory on cassete, in a walkman. But that was quite a while ago. I may be remembering a different thing, since around that time we did have CDs.

The Unborne
2017-07-23, 03:53 AM
Still a little bummed about this a couple days after the fact. I still remember going to their Projekt Revolution Tour when they were performing with Korn and Snoop Dogg. Will never forget it. :smallfrown: