PDA

View Full Version : Point of speculation

BroomGuys
2017-07-20, 07:44 PM
I'm sure there's already been discussion about the Dark One in connection with the godsmoot, but I'm gonna propose a specific possibility (with the acknowledgement that it may not be an original suggestion): that Redcloak will find out that the gods are considering the option of destroying the world, and Team Evil will intervene in some way.

Since we know Greg (I love this name, speaking as a Craig who mistakenly gets called Greg al the $&@#%$& time) communicates directly with Hel on a regular basis, is it reasonably possible that the Dark One will catch wind of this and find a way to get in touch with Redcloak? My gut says "probably not," but how would it play out if TE shows up in the Dwarven Lands?

Jasdoif
2017-07-20, 08:19 PM
that Redcloak will find out that the gods are considering the option of destroying the world, and Team Evil will intervene in some way.Redcloak's already said destroying the world (and the souls of all the goblins on it) would be an acceptable result of the Plan, since the Dark One would be around to ensure the next world's goblins would get a better start than this world's did.Even Hel herself "only" expects to dominate one pantheon; the Dark One wouldn't have to place his future minions in direct conflict with hers.

Given that most attempts to stop that secondary goal will also draw effort away from the primary goal of securing the Gate and giving control of it to the Dark One...what sort of intervention did you have in mind?