PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Advice on Tome of battle conversions

Susano-wo
2017-07-20, 11:01 PM
Has anyone tried any conversions? My wife and I (she's the DM, and I'm helping with some of the mechanical stuff) are porting an existing 3.P campaign over and though the Battlemaster can somewhat simulate some of the ToB stuff, its just not quite the same. (I'd rather just stay with teh current system, but hey, it was a group decision:smallsigh:)

So I am looking for some preexisiting conversions, rather than trying to make one from scratch. the most promising I found was this (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3J5qdNzFt-LZHo3RUpabE9GT3M/view), though the Sword Sage stand alone class was weird--forcing entirely on the spell variant, which is even less thought through than the unarmed swordsage variant. :smallconfused:

So has anyone found any conversions they liked, and does this one look basically balanced, or no? Not great with 5E balance as of yet. Thanks in advance for any help.

Llama513
2017-07-20, 11:07 PM
I have converted over the classes and maneuvers and rebalanced the system to work in 5e

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ryejTJ2Ox

Susano-wo
2017-07-21, 06:48 PM
Well, thanks for that. I'll take a look

EDIT:ok, wow, I really like this! Using archetypes to stand in for various prestige classes is a great idea, and from a scan it looks like the maneuvers came off nicely. Sad that Wall of Blades had to be nerfed, but that's just the nature of 5E vs 3E.

Unless I notice something glaring, I am sure I want to use this. (wow, I thought I had searched the boards for conversions, but I must have whiffed that roll :smallamused:). Only problem is that the tables for the classes cut off. I can make out the Crusader's, since it is on the left column, but I can't read the stances known for either Swordsage or Warblade.)

Llama513
2017-07-21, 07:57 PM
are you using google chrome let me fix that formatting not sure what happened

Llama513
2017-07-21, 08:22 PM
Okay the formatting should be fix provided you are using Google chrome

Susano-wo
2017-07-21, 10:46 PM
That worked perfectly, thanks! And thank for all the work. 52 pages in PDF form!:smalleek:

Llama513
2017-07-22, 08:06 PM
That worked perfectly, thanks! And thank for all the work. 52 pages in PDF form!:smalleek:
Glad it is working, and thank you very much