PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed damage a biological terminator

louisb
2007-08-08, 12:13 AM
Base Unarmed damage a biological terminator type creature would be able to produce .

It is all flesh and blood to be sure but much more massively strong and with much more of a dense bone structure .

it does appear as a non monstrus humandoid creature .so no spikes or claws etc .Just bone crushing punches kicks , knees and elbows etc etc.

Artemician
2007-08-08, 12:51 AM
I presume you're asking for how much damage it would deal? I'm sorry if I misunderstood, your first post wasn't very clear.

Anyway- The damage would of course, be dependent on three variables: its size category, its strength score, and how much you want it to be.

There are tables for Natural Weapon Damage based on Monster Size on the SRD, but I can't seem to find them at the moment. I'll get back to you if I do. In any case, they're quite low, so Improved Natural Attack should be taken for the monster, if you don't want your players to laugh.

Of course, the monster's damage would be dependent on its Strength Score.

Lastly, how much damage do you want it to deal? What is the monster's challenge rating? How much of a threat do you want your players to treat it as? The damage tables and such are only guidelines for you to follow, you can give a Small Creature a much tougher Unarmed Strike than its size would indicate, if you so desire. You're the DM, don't let your imagination be constrained by the rules!

louisb
2007-08-08, 04:17 AM
I presume you're asking for how much damage it would deal? I'm sorry if I misunderstood, your first post wasn't very clear.

Anyway- The damage would of course, be dependent on three variables: its size category, its strength score, and how much you want it to be.

There are tables for Natural Weapon Damage based on Monster Size on the SRD, but I can't seem to find them at the moment. I'll get back to you if I do. In any case, they're quite low, so Improved Natural Attack should be taken for the monster, if you don't want your players to laugh.

Of course, the monster's damage would be dependent on its Strength Score.

Lastly, how much damage do you want it to deal? What is the monster's challenge rating? How much of a threat do you want your players to treat it as? The damage tables and such are only guidelines for you to follow, you can give a Small Creature a much tougher Unarmed Strike than its size would indicate, if you so desire. You're the DM, don't let your imagination be constrained by the rules!

In terms of size catagory it is medium however it has the impressive phyisque feat so it can fight as one size catagory larger.

it will have probably a plus 4 to str

i am not the dm . i am working with the dm to have a semi monstrous character that could hang with pc dragons and a hellfire mage that deal 100 hp in mellee round , some times in one action.

what would you guesstimate a improved unarmed strike be see-ing the various terminator movies as a frame of refeence ?

Artemician
2007-08-08, 04:36 AM
Hmm.. I see what you-

*blink*

Wait a minute! DRAGON PCs? Hellfire Warlock?

Oh dearie me.. looks like we're going to have to really pull out the stops for this one.

Well, anyway, if you want to have insane Unarmed Strike damage, t'would require the use of many supplement books. But not everyone has them.. ah well, we'll work with what we've got.

Well, at this point, about all the optimization we can do is to take the Improved Natural Attack feat (found here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#improvedNaturalAttack) and bump your strength up. Perhaps try to get the party mage to cast Enlarge Person on you.

If your DM lets you use Psionics (which can be found in the SRD), you can try to play a Psychic Warrior instead of a monk. The core part of this build comes from a really nifty power: Claws of the Beast (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/clawsoftheBeast.htm)
Since you're large, you can get some really Impressive Claw Damage, and if you manage to get Enlarge Person or Expansion cast on you, it will go up even further. Those claws can really dish out damage.

However, if you are a new player, I would advise staying away from this kind of build. Psionics is slightly more complicated than Magic, and it can be confusing for quite a number of people.