PDA

View Full Version : Poisonous Potions

Naez
2017-07-21, 01:17 PM
Is there any rule preventing you from adding mundane ingested poisons to a potion? Was thinking there could be several ways to use that as a DM and a player.

Gildedragon
2017-07-21, 01:18 PM
Nope. No way to not have that be the case.
Poison your potions to your heart's content.

Fouredged Sword
2017-07-21, 01:20 PM
You can also use poisonous berries as the base for the Goodberry spell, thus poisoning anyone who uses them.

For the maximum Lols, put the poisons in a potion of delay poison and wait for the duration to expire.

Jormengand
2017-07-21, 02:01 PM
There's also nothing stopping you from, say, making a potion of shocking grasp, bestow curse or similar.

Fouredged Sword
2017-07-21, 02:03 PM
There's also nothing stopping you from, say, making a potion of shocking grasp, bestow curse or similar.

A potion of suggestion. It comes with a little note titled "read after drinking."

Naez
2017-07-21, 02:55 PM
There's also nothing stopping you from, say, making a potion of shocking grasp, bestow curse or similar.idk about your group but I've never seen anyone drink a potion without at least a detect magic to identify the school. If it comes back as anything other than Conjuration no one's gonna drink that before a positive ID.

Fouredged Sword
2017-07-21, 03:23 PM
idk about your group but I've never seen anyone drink a potion without at least a detect magic to identify the school. If it comes back as anything other than Conjuration no one's gonna drink that before a positive ID.

This is why you hand your party a set of potions with clear labels. God knows how many parties I have seen who will take one look at a potion with "Cure Light Wounds" written on a ribbon and just TRUST THE LABEL.

Malimar
2017-07-21, 08:06 PM
This is why you hand your party a set of potions with clear labels. God knows how many parties I have seen who will take one look at a potion with "Cure Light Wounds" written on a ribbon and just TRUST THE LABEL.
Had one party where the drow cleric/rogue put "healing potion" labels on some flasks of acid. Inevitably, somebody in the party drank one.

flappeercraft
2017-07-21, 09:22 PM
Had one party where the drow cleric/rogue put "healing potion" labels on some flasks of acid. Inevitably, somebody in the party drank one.

I'm so doing something similar to this. Put Holy Water in the Undead's potion buffs.

CIDE
2017-07-22, 06:27 AM
Clever usage of potions for undead, warforged, or anything else that's immune to poison. If you can craft your own you can freely use your own supply but keeps other people from using it. Better if the undead villain with a huge stockpile loaded every single potion with poison.