PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder AOE strategy with a Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple?

MonkeySage
2017-07-21, 03:51 PM
I often find myself taking a great deal of consideration so as not to cause harm to my allies. This has the consequence that I'm not able to cut loose with some of my most effective attacks. In particular, I very rarely have the opportunity to use my Breath Weapon, which is by far my most powerful attack. Usually I try to keep it as a last resort, I can only use it twice after all. It's a cone that deals 10d6 cold damage, really useful in a pinch... But since it is a last resort, usually this means that my allies are in blast range. Often right in front of the target I'm trying to attack. Our primary fighter is a sentient construct, and he has some cold resist but not nearly enough.

Any advice for how I can improve my effectiveness when things get hairy?

TheFamilarRaven
2017-07-21, 05:08 PM
Well if there's enough room you should be able to fly over your target and direct the breath weapon into the ground, reducing it's spread.

In cramped environments it's next to impossible to use without injuring allies. My best advice is to not use it as a last resort, but as an opener, so you catch all of your enemies before your teammates engage in melee