PDA

View Full Version : Villainous Competition Discussion

Novolin
2017-07-22, 04:23 AM
So the bullying got the last one lock, but thinking maybe can use this thread to discuss before Inevitabelity puts up next one.

Inevitabelity, I hope you can unban me from the comp, I am trying help it by make this threar

2017-07-22, 04:58 AM
So the bullying got the last one lock, but thinking maybe can use this thread to discuss before Inevitabelity puts up next one.

Inevitabelity, I hope you can unban me from the comp, I am trying help it by make this threar

If you're looking to have a conversation with the new chairperson about getting un-banned from the competition, it may be more fruitful to send them a private message rather than post a thread about it; it's possible they could miss the thread, after all, particularly if it ends up not getting too many responses (for whatever reason), but it's much harder for them to accidentally miss that they received a PM.

Vaz
2017-07-22, 06:31 AM

As a competitor, judge, and someone willing to share responsibility with the current chair person, I'd vote not to allow Novolin (or Yklikt, however you spell it, based on the quoted post within the last VC thread and page) to participate. They have (both? - I'm still not convinced they're not the same individual) proved disruptive to the process of what should be a fun time for all.

The constant deletion of posts after getting a response are an annoyance that, albeit, can be overcome with quoting, but nobody should have to do that.

While Inevitability (and Thurbane, who is taking a short break from chairing to allow himself the chance to compete for a change) have the final decision, I can categorically say that neither of the individuals (or any accounts which show similar manner of acting) will be allowed to participate in any manner of the competition (although I cannot ban that individual from the site), but that ban will be enforced and extended, with any accounts showing similar manner of acting reported to the moderators for suspicion of being a duplicate account.

The individuals involved with this competition ban have not only caused the thread to be locked, but gone to the extent of threatening individuals with murder. Let's just clarify what I'm talking about here;

http://i.imgur.com/wKt0H9E.png

For what it's worth, Inevitability and Thurbane both have my full support with whatever action he chooses, but this is my opinion on the matter, and both of you were in full control of choice of actions.

Buufreak
2017-07-22, 08:26 AM
That's a word that is getting thrown around alot. And I do mean alot, especially in this new society that perpetuates hugs and feels. If you honestly have an issue and think someone is becoming an issue, regardless of the popular majority, report it, just like (insert mod here) said.

But this does give me a chance to open forum ask: Yo Inev, when will round 22 be starting proper? No super rush or anything, just curious.

Vaz
2017-07-22, 09:57 AM
hey I not saying Yklikt should have done that, but you also bully him

Inevitabiltiy is on holiday, right? so we wont hear him for a while

I did not know unti now can report for calling troll, would do before if so.

Quoting both for posterity, given your propensity to delete posts.

How can I bully Yklikt when I've not posted? Also, it doesn't excuse. I've trolled and being trolled.

Never have I threatened to kill anyone because of that. That is inexcusable.

Novolin
2017-07-22, 11:25 AM
Not talking about you specifc, i just mean peopel in VC.

anyway, i never say is good he want to kill you either. both sides have wrong

Tiri
2017-07-22, 12:05 PM
Never have I threatened to kill anyone because of that. That is inexcusable.

Well, there was that time you told me to commit suicide.

Vaz
2017-07-22, 04:40 PM
Well, there was that time you told me to commit suicide.

Probably. Still didn't threaten to kill you.

Tiri
2017-07-22, 09:03 PM

It's in the same category of comment, though. In the Internet, people don't take these things as seriously as in real life, at least in general. I don't think that murder threat was serious.

Even if it was, you're not one to talk.

daremetoidareyo
2017-07-22, 10:24 PM
What is the point of this thread?

If Novolin wants to be unbanned, just PM the new chair and stop looking for ways to subvert contest norms unnecessarily to hide under a guise of ignorance.

We shouldn't have to have social bumper lanes up all the time, so don't do obviously incendiary things like ask for contest extensions for low effort submissions, or copy other peoples judging or builds to submit, or delete your posts for no reason. You've curated your presence to be unpleasant and no amount of ignorance or deflection can adequately discharge that or those feelings.

If you want to try to turn over a new leaf, PM the new chair. But if you're going to continue being transgressive, why not take aim at the one true sorcerer king?

Hackulator
2017-07-22, 10:26 PM

I would say those things are pretty equally douchey.

Tiri
2017-07-22, 10:42 PM
why not take aim at the one true sorcerer king?

Please, no. It doesn't matter what the reason is, the Sorcerer King should never be encouraged.

Inevitability
2017-07-23, 03:56 AM
Novolin, I personally think Thurbane made the right call in banning you. You've been an extremely disruptive influence. There's also the part where you're defending someone (or yourself, as the case may be), who has unambiguously and directly threatened to kill other people over a bunch of pretend game characters. I take such things very serious.

Don't expect to get unbanned any time soon.

But this does give me a chance to open forum ask: Yo Inev, when will round 22 be starting proper? No super rush or anything, just curious.

It should start today, and the theme will probably be ninjas.

khadgar567
2017-07-23, 04:06 AM
Is pathfinder is okay cuz i think i have a build with no dips ready by midnight?

Inevitability
2017-07-23, 04:17 AM
Is pathfinder is okay cuz i think i have a build with no dips ready by midnight?

No khadgar, pathfinder is not is okay.

Vaz
2017-07-23, 06:04 AM
It's in the same category of comment, though. In the Internet, people don't take these things as seriously as in real life, at least in general. I don't think that murder threat was serious.

Even if it was, you're not one to talk.

Didn't I tell you take a long walk off a short pier? If you think that's me going "/kys" or telling you to take your own life, (it means "**** off"), and if you think that's in the same vein of what was written, you probably need to give your head a wobble.

"Douchey" or not, the difference between saying that you'll kill someone, serious or not, and me saying "step up and judge, or **** off" is one not only of context, but of content too.

Tiri
2017-07-23, 07:03 AM
Didn't I tell you take a long walk off a short pier? If you think that's me going "/kys" or telling you to take your own life, (it means "**** off"), and if you think that's in the same vein of what was written, you probably need to give your head a wobble.

"Douchey" or not, the difference between saying that you'll kill someone, serious or not, and me saying "step up and judge, or **** off" is one not only of context, but of content too.

It was a long jump off a tall cliff, actually. Markedly different from a short pier. So, definitely an invitation to commit suicide, which is something quite apart from the '**** off' which is more standard Internet outrage fare.

Not as bad as an outright murder threat, I'll give you that, but not far off.

Hence, my point that if there is anyone with the right to judge Yklikt for his statement, it is not you.