PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Filling in details for an story over-arch

Aleolus
2017-07-22, 08:13 AM
So, I had an idea I am going to use for an overarching story in an upcoming game I will be doing with a face to face group of mine. However, filling in details on this kind of thing is very much my weak point, so I am hoping you all can help me with that. Here is what I have so far

As the game progresses, the group will notice small oddities, such as undead rising on their own in places that usually don't have issues with negative energy buildups, the wild areas in the world seeming darker and more menacing than they should, animals acting unusually, and so forth. After a few months in game time, they have become far more noticeable, actually causing people to take note and look into what is causing it (or at least try to). About a year or so into the game, a plague breaks out in certain parts of the world and starts spreading, but this plague is different. It cannot be cured, even with magic like Remove Disease (this spells suppresses the symptoms, putting it back in its incubation period, but doesn't actually cure it). This plague can only be truly cured with a Wish or Miracle spell.

The reason behind all of this, which the party can eventually uncover, is that an Overdeity, who was originally a god of life and nature, somehow had his very nature changed, making him into a being of death and destruction. This change in his fundamental nature is affecting the entire Material Plane, in ways that are becoming more severe as time passes. This change can be undone, allowing him to return to his original nature and letting the Material Plane begin to restore itself as well, but whoever tries it (presumably the party) will have to first find out what happened to change him in the first place and set it right.

For those of you who have seen the movie Mowana, I kinda took the baseline idea of that movie, with the Goddess who lost her heart being changed from a being of nature and plants and life to one of fire and stone and death. I don't want to just copy/paste that idea though, hence why I am asking for help with the detail work for this.

Thanks to all who are willing to help me out with this!