PDA

View Full Version : Horizon walker dip vs Armor of the Unending Hunt

Yogibear41
2017-07-22, 04:43 PM
Hey all, working on a new character and thought I would ask the playgrounds opinion on something.

I plan on taking the Troll-Blooded feat on a martial type character, and was seeing if they playground thought I was better off going for a Horizon walker dip vs Picking up an Armor of the Unending Hunt to negate the fatigue associated with the Troll-Blooded feat.

This particular character will more or less be an anti-paladin that casts using Cha instead of Wis so I will be dumping Wis. If I want to get into Horizon walker I will either have to take a feat to get Know:geography as a class skill or take able learner and not be able to enter until significantly later in levels, or a potential ranger dip.

I am already tempted to pick up endurance/steadfast determination because I will have high saves from Cha to Saves, but also Low Wis, so both the Con to will saves, and the not failing Fort on a Natural 1 will both be beneficial.

With all that being said, there are no magic marts in this particular campaign, and mithral in general can be hard to come by so said armor could be hard/impossible to find or cost significantly more than the price listed in the Complete Warrior.

Thoughts on the situation?

barakaka
2017-07-25, 07:37 PM
That's a lot of hoops to be jumping through, but I think the other players will be coming up with issues of their own.

My thoughts are under normal circumstances, the armor would be much better to pick up. However, you shouldn't hinge character life goals on a possibility, so go with the dip. In this style of campaign, your money should be buying you fun because it's likely to be lower power level due to the lack of resources.