Spell Compendium
Races of the Wild
ToB
ToM
Magic of Incarnum
Races of the Dragon
Arms and equipment Guide
Libris Mortis

I was thinking of getting Races of Destiny and Miniatres handbook or does anyone have any better recommendations?

Dhavaer
2007-08-08, 07:50 AM
RoD and the MH are generally considered pretty lackluster books. Maybe Draconomicon?

Swooper
2007-08-08, 07:51 AM
You're missing Complete Divine, maybe that'd be useful. Unearthed Arcana is good I hear, but then, most of it is on the SRD so you may not want to bother. You have Complete Psionic but not XPH? Wow. Bad idea. Also, personally, I'd get Races of Stone much rather than Races of Destiny - Illumians strike me as utterly uninteresting, whereas Goliaths look like awesome. I think I'd get good use from it, considering I like both Dwarves and Gnomes, too.

PlatinumJester
2007-08-08, 07:53 AM
No one inour group uses Divine magic and no body really wants to, unfortunately.

Overlard
2007-08-08, 07:54 AM
Depends whether you want stuff as a player or a DM. I like Dungeonscape, and the other environment books (Cityscape, Stormwrack, Frostburn and umm... SandyCrack? I forget what the desert one's called) seem to be popular.

If you like Libris Mortis, the other enemy specific books like Lords Of Madness and the Fiendish Codices would be a good place to start. I'm not a huge fan of Dragonomicon, but I think I'm in the minority there.

You seem to be missing Complete Divine and Complete Champion. While the former is probably the weakest of the Completes IMO (other than Complete Psionic, which doesn't actually exist), people tend to get a lot of use out of them.

I don't like the Races Of... books, but you may do. The stuff in the Miniatures Handbook is mostly reproduced elsewhere I think, with only the Healer and Marshall (probably the least popular of base classes) being unique. I'm not sure though, as I don't own that one.

ALOR
2007-08-08, 07:54 AM
if i were you , I'd go with the magic item compedium and dungeonscape. The MIC is very cool, lots of nifty magic items to be found within it's pages. I found dungeonscape to be incredibly useful as well.
happy gaming

Ranis
2007-08-08, 07:55 AM
MMV is a work of pure genius.

Swooper
2007-08-08, 07:56 AM
Depends whether you want stuff as a player or a DM. I like Dungeonscape, and the other environment books (Cityscape, Stormwrack, Frostburn and umm... SandyCrack? I forget what the desert one's called) seem to be popular.
Sandstorm :smallbiggrin:

PlatinumJester
2007-08-08, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the help. I'm gonna go buy the books now. Probably RoS and MM5.