PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Teleportation Questions

Tyrant
2017-07-23, 01:01 AM
If I have someone set up a pair of permanent Teleportation Circles that lead to each other (not right on top of each other, but one in location A that leads to Location B and one in Location B that leads to Location A but not to the exact spot their opposite number sits on so they don't just create an endless loop, if that's what would happen), what happens if the physical location one of the two circles in moves? For instance, what if one of the two was on a ship? Would the one leading to the ship still lead there if the ship moves or does it direct to the point in space that used to be occupied by the ship?

Somewhat related to that, if the location of a permanent teleportation circle were to itself be teleported is there any kind of reaction? Using the first example, if the circle were on a ship and then the whole ship were teleported somehow is what I am meaning.

Thanks for the help.

Silva Stormrage
2017-07-23, 01:17 AM
If I have someone set up a pair of permanent Teleportation Circles that lead to each other (not right on top of each other, but one in location A that leads to Location B and one in Location B that leads to Location A but not to the exact spot their opposite number sits on so they don't just create an endless loop, if that's what would happen), what happens if the physical location one of the two circles in moves? For instance, what if one of the two was on a ship? Would the one leading to the ship still lead there if the ship moves or does it direct to the point in space that used to be occupied by the ship?

Somewhat related to that, if the location of a permanent teleportation circle were to itself be teleported is there any kind of reaction? Using the first example, if the circle were on a ship and then the whole ship were teleported somehow is what I am meaning.

Thanks for the help.

To the best of my knowledge and reading of the spell the destination is a location relative to the planet/plane. So if you set it to a location thats currently on the boat once that boat moves you will teleport where the boat was.

I believe if you managed to teleport an entire location the teleport would still work to the original destination but I am not 100% sure on that.