PDA

View Full Version : Where did the Lust Domain originate from?

magicalmagicman
2017-07-23, 02:18 AM
Several websites quote:
"Granted Power: You can perform a series of seductive motions and distracting gyrations augmented by the passion of your deity. This supernatural ability grants you an enhancement to Charisma equal to your cleric level. Activating this power is a free action, the power lasts 1 round, and it is usable once per day."

Spell compendium quotes:
"Granted Power (Su): Once per day as a free action, you gain an enhancement bonus to Charisma equal to your cleric level. The power lasts for 1 round."

Where did the 1st quote come from? I've been searching and searching and nothing.

This site lists a bunch of deities with the lust domain: http://webpages.charter.net/tedsarah/Pathfinder/srd/spellLists/Domains/lust.htm
"(D&D) Gruumsh, Lolth, Olidammara; (Eberron) Olladra; (Faerūnian) Beshaba, Eilistaee, Hanali Celanil, Hathor, Isis, Lliira, Loviatar, Luthic, Sharess, Sharindlar, Sheela Peryroyl, Sune"

But everytime I look the deities up there they don't have the lust domain.

inuyasha
2017-07-23, 02:43 AM
I'd try the Spell Compendium, and maybe Deities and Demigods or Book of Vile Darkness.

It's most likely in the first one, but it sounds like it could be in either of the other two.

EDIT: Oof, I did not read post thoroughly

RedWarlock
2017-07-23, 02:48 AM
I know at one point it was Dragon content, from an article with domains named for the 7 deadly sins.

hamishspence
2017-07-23, 02:51 AM
Yup - Dragon Issue 323, September 2004.

There was a Seven Saintly Domains counterpart - Dragon 355, May 2007.

DrKerosene
2017-07-23, 03:06 AM
The descriptions reminds me of the dance used by Mother Earth in the fifth Incarnation of Immortality book. I think it's called the Tanana.

The books are old enough that may have been (related to) the inspiration for the longer quote.

magicalmagicman
2017-07-23, 03:23 AM
Yup - Dragon Issue 323, September 2004.

There was a Seven Saintly Domains counterpart - Dragon 355, May 2007.

Thank you very much. There was not a chance in hell I would've found that out myself.

Bohandas
2017-07-23, 12:29 PM
Dragon magazine had an article with domains based on the seven deadly sins.

I think there were also lust domains in the 3rd party Book od Erotic Fantasy and Netbook of Unlawful Carnal Knowledge