PDA

View Full Version : Hit me with your best point.

Dappershire
2017-07-23, 03:09 AM
Ok, quick question: Are Hit Points a Game Statistic or a Class Feature?

Explanation: Building a Bard BBEG, planning on using Magic Jar (Magical Secrets) fairly heavily. Egomaniac, bodysnatching other, more successful Bards, and performing as them to prove his superiority. Then murder sprees and/or suicides. My question pertains to Magic Jar replacing Game Statistics with the creatures, but keeping your class features. Most of that is fine, I just want to know if I have to keep track of individual hit points for every body he takes (some which wont even have levels), or is it just the BBEG's HP in a new body?

To be honest, I can see the argument either way. On one hand, HPs -are- the body, so you're stuck with the HP of the new body. On the other, the body alone doesn't explain the difference between 8 hit points, and 200.

bluthunda
2017-07-23, 03:24 AM
You take thier constitution score so I would say you take thier HP score as well in my opinion

PhoenixPhyre
2017-07-23, 10:14 AM
Ok, quick question: Are Hit Points a Game Statistic or a Class Feature?

Explanation: Building a Bard BBEG, planning on using Magic Jar (Magical Secrets) fairly heavily. Egomaniac, bodysnatching other, more successful Bards, and performing as them to prove his superiority. Then murder sprees and/or suicides. My question pertains to Magic Jar replacing Game Statistics with the creatures, but keeping your class features. Most of that is fine, I just want to know if I have to keep track of individual hit points for every body he takes (some which wont even have levels), or is it just the BBEG's HP in a new body?

To be honest, I can see the argument either way. On one hand, HPs -are- the body, so you're stuck with the HP of the new body. On the other, the body alone doesn't explain the difference between 8 hit points, and 200.

HP are part of the stat block. Thus they're part of the creature's game statistics by default.

When a druid wildshapes, he takes the new forms HP total. Same with polymorph and the same game statistics phrasing is used.