PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Path of war's landsknecht Build Ecl 20

Nosta
2017-07-23, 06:24 PM
ok so I now have another Pathfinder game going on with a second Group and this one is a ECL 20 Game.

And Since no one wants the melee Job I took it up
and since I love the flavor Around the landsknecht class I am going with that.

How ever I am not sure how to go about it

what Base class?
Should I take a class Template

I know it focus on Scarlet throne and Mithral current
But I am not sure what is the Best Base class to start a
Landsknecht off as

Eox
2017-07-24, 01:10 AM
You can do some fun things with the Warder's Zweihander Sentinel archetype, between that and taking Scarlet Throne style your 1 handed weapon will for all intents and purposes be a 2H. If you're into gimmicks, you can take the Vital Strike chain to combo with Seize the Opportunity and hit dudes fairly hard whenever they move wrong.

Also, the 9th level Mithral Current counter and your Bait the Dragon feature will combine exceptionally well.

Swaoeaeieu
2017-07-24, 03:18 AM
Your base class depends on what flavour you want really.
Landsknecht gets some defensive features and the option to use one handed weapons as good as two handed weapons. So pick wich style you like.

Landknecht goes well wil warlords and warders mostly with the optimal interaction being a bushi warder iirc from writing the guide. So if you still fancy zweihander like in your numerous other threads you could go Bushi zweihander sentinel Warder 10/Landsknecht 10 and be a real hard target to get through with AoO's out the wazoo and pretty devestating strikes.

You should however ask yourself how usefull a defensive character is at level 20, where killing the enemy first is a better tactic most of the time.