PDA

View Full Version : It's Over 9,000???

The Glyphstone
2007-08-08, 11:09 AM
I just had a random thought…what sort of creature would warrant a CR of 9,000?

Ignore the patent absurdity of a campaign with ECL 9,000 character for a moment. I’m just curious.

Arang
2007-08-08, 11:12 AM
Astral Poison Ranged Glue-Spewing Half-Elan Epic Wizard Epic Psion Half-Dragon Tarrasque was my first thought, but it isn't nearly tough enough.

Tokiko Mima
An NPC with 9,000 class levels?

Arbitrarity
Pun-Pun. In a lesser incarnation, i.e. he hasn't got any custom abilities, his stats are only in the couple millions, he's immune to every form of assault... about there.

Telonius
Something so terrifyingly mind-numbing that most mortals couldn't possibly comprehend its power. You would need to make a sanity check just to realize what you're dealing with.

Pun-Pun, a Viking-Ninja-Pirate, Chuck Norris, and Squirrel Girl might qualify.

Ikkitosen
Or 9001 NPC class levels.

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-08, 11:15 AM
Everything. All at once.

reorith
2007-08-08, 11:16 AM
a really huge being made from the convergence of several material planes and animated by negative energy

Kizara
2007-08-08, 11:20 AM
An OverDeity.

I believe their power is essentially infinate and mortals can barely interact with them at all.

Maybe the overdeity of overdeities...

Arbitrarity
2007-08-08, 11:21 AM
*Cries thinking about a human commoner 9001*

Ok, so his profession (farmer) check is +10128 or so. He's got 2260 wisdom. He's got 34504 hp. +4500 to hit. +4500 (or so) on fort and ref, +5620 on will.

He's still got 10 AC. And 3000 feats, which are spent on toughness.

He deals a fearsome 1d3 with his unarmed strike!

Can your party kill him?

blue_fenix
2007-08-08, 11:22 AM
Start with a deity (they usually have CR's in the 20's to 30's), apply the half-dragon template once for every variant of dragon in existence (5*metallic, 5*chromatic, + gem, + planar, etc.). Now apply loads of other fun, contradictory templates (half-fiend, half-celestial, axiomatic, dark, etc.) Next, take 20 levels in every base class, thereby qualifying to take every prestige class (polymorphing yourself in order to meet racial requirements). You have now created a level-appropriate challenge for Chuck Norris. Send these at him one at a time until he has gained enough XP to be roughly a level 9000 epic Buttkicker (new base class from Player's Handbook III).

Serve lightly sprinkled with nutmeg.

Tokiko Mima
2007-08-08, 11:23 AM
The Deity of XP Gain OCD?

The existance of such a creature would make me wonder what sort of challenges it faced along the way. What does a CR 7648 trap do if you trigger it? Blow up the solar system/galactic quadrant?

PinkysBrain
2007-08-08, 11:26 AM
A creature which always acts first and which actions can't be interrupted by any means, when you attack in any way it it can retaliate before your action completes. It's one and only attack which has infinite reach and can cross all boundaries and blocks forces a level check against DC 9010, no reroll abilities or any other effect can avoid this check. If you lose the check shred your character sheet, no magic in the world can save your or your simulacrums or your clones or your mind seeded whatevers or anything else which has your personality ... your character is permanently erased from the world.

The rest of the monster doesn't really matter, give it AC 0 and 1 hp.

Tokiko Mima
2007-08-08, 11:30 AM

Ok, so his profession (farmer) check is +10128 or so. He's got 2260 wisdom. He's got 34504 hp. +4500 to hit. +4500 (or so) on fort and ref, +5620 on will.

Can your party kill him?

Well, keep in mind he makes 5,064-5,074 gp a week tending his farm, so he has probably had a chance to buy some really nice gear. Adamantine shovels, hoes, and scythes, I would imagine.

earlblue
2007-08-08, 11:32 AM
That's easy.

The DM. CR from 0 to infinity.

Even the most inexperience one can command gods by the dozen, Re-write history in the most illogical way, Create monster at wave of his/her hand (optional - the hand waving, that is), and without one there is no game.

O'BeQuiet UWannabe.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-08, 11:33 AM
Hm, a point. Now we must consider what to do with his phat lewt.

Oh, I know. Let's spend it on an item of +10000 Profession (farming). At a mere cost of 1 billion gold, that should keep him farming for a while. (200,000 weeks, or 4000 years)

Tokiko Mima
2007-08-08, 11:41 AM
Hm, a point. Now we must consider what to do with his phat lewt.

Oh, I know. Let's spend it on an item of +10000 Profession (farming). At a mere cost of 1 billion gold, that should keep him farming for a while. (200,000 weeks, or 4000 years)

Ok, so he's an exceptionally long lived elven farmer.

4000 years would probably give him a chance to advance higher in levels too. This is starting to turn into a "what if the most boring person imaginable gained immortality?" question. But then, gaining 9000 levels would be the very definition of boring in D&D.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-08, 11:51 AM
Whooo, level grind. Anyways, back on topic, and not laughing at CR system....
Caster level, cash, and stats are almost an issue. Thereby, an effective (read: broken) character would probably be some sort of caster, like a Wizard/Incantatrix/Archmage/Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil/Epic incantatrix, dipping every magic casting class ever. Epic for Incantatrix is to progress the free metamagic, as well as to take the Epic "extra spell slot" feat, granting really high level spell slots. Higher level spell slots = higher DC's, and more spells/day.

So, say Wizard 5/Incantatrix 10/Archmage 5/IOTSOV 7/(473 levels of casting classes here)/Incantatrix 8500. That gives around 5500'th level spells, and that means serious non-leveling bumps are needed to casting stat. Which means epic magic. Really epic magic.

Of course, we have the cash and XP, so we should be OK. We also have epic leadership for ritual cheese. And we have at least one million followers.

Alyorbase
2007-08-08, 11:55 AM

Ignore the patent absurdity of a campaign with ECL 9,000 character for a moment. I’m just curious.

I deserve the beating I'm going to get for this...

Chuck Norris?:smallfrown:

:hides::smalleek:

Hurlbut
2007-08-08, 12:06 PM
I deserve the beating I'm going to get for this...

Chuck Norris?:smallfrown:

:hides::smalleek:
Someone already beat you to it, Bub.:smallamused:

spotmarkedx
2007-08-08, 12:07 PM

Can your party kill him?
Um. Yes? Hit him with a strong powerattacking 2-hander. Powerattack for max. It's not like you're likely to miss. Spam 50+ Damage hits. I think the commoner will roll a one on their fort save vs. massive damage before they kill anything with their d3 damage (that provokes an AoO).

Sadly, the party gains no XP, since the XP chart doesn't account for ECLs that high.

Umarth
2007-08-08, 12:31 PM
The Deity of XP Gain OCD?

The existance of such a creature would make me wonder what sort of challenges it faced along the way. What does a CR 7648 trap do if you trigger it? Blow up the solar system/galactic quadrant?

It kills the god that created your race before it has a chance to do so thus removing your race, and you, from existance.

PaladinFreak
2007-08-08, 12:39 PM
Chuladoal (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20051209a), just give him 5 levels of wizard, and 10 of Elemental Savant (earth). Oh yeah, and make him immune to turning. He literally cannot be touched. As a troll, the only way he takes lethal damage is from acid and fire. Being Undead, he is immune to nonlethal damage. He is immune to fire due to the fact that he is a Pyro troll, and immune to acid via elemental savant. Just add the immunity to turning, and his undead traits, and you have a untouchable character.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-08, 12:53 PM
Chuladoal (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20051209a), just give him 5 levels of wizard, and 10 of Elemental Savant (earth). Oh yeah, and make him immune to turning. He literally cannot be touched. As a troll, the only way he takes lethal damage is from acid and fire. Being Undead, he is immune to nonlethal damage. He is immune to fire due to the fact that he is a Pyro troll, and immune to acid via elemental savant. Just add the immunity to turning, and his undead traits, and you have a untouchable character.

Hmmm.... if i use Forcecage and dimension lock a few times (once, at level 9000), then his Diet Dependant kicks in, and he loses all special abilities. Then I win. Actually, better to have a Forcecage and a Antimagic Field, otherwise he eats creatures from his bag of tricks.

Ozymandias
2007-08-08, 12:55 PM

Imprisonment.

RTGoodman
2007-08-08, 01:15 PM
According to my calculations:

If we assume an average of 4 appropriately challenging encounters per day*, and the average of 13 encounters per level, then our favorite farmer should become a Human Commoner 9001 in approximately 29,250 days. Or, 80 years, 1 month, 19 days, and a few hours.

*I assume that appropriate encounters for a 1st level commoner are akin to "Egads - a mighty weed hath seeded itself amongst my crops! I must avenge yon corn!" But an EL 9000 encounter for a human commoner? I have no idea...

(EDIT: I'm not sure why a Human Commoner1 would speak like that, but I think in every campaign I DM from now on, they will.)

Mike_Lemmer
2007-08-08, 01:23 PM
A killer star with Greater Teleportation & Plane Shift. It warps itself next to your planet and engulfs it. Repeat until everything's dead.

nagora
2007-08-08, 01:27 PM

Margaret Thatcher in a bad mood?

Ghengis Khan in a good mood?

Tokiko Mima
2007-08-08, 02:17 PM
According to my calculations:

If we assume an average of 4 appropriately challenging encounters per day*, and the average of 13 encounters per level, then our favorite farmer should become a Human Commoner 9001 in approximately 29,250 days. Or, 80 years, 1 month, 19 days, and a few hours.

*I assume that appropriate encounters for a 1st level commoner are akin to "Egads - a mighty weed hath seeded itself amongst my crops! I must avenge yon corn!" But an EL 9000 encounter for a human commoner? I have no idea...

(EDIT: I'm not sure why a Human Commoner1 would speak like that, but I think in every campaign I DM from now on, they will.)

:smallamused: You have a point!

They'd have to be level appropriate encounters, though. So it would move from a single weed to "Egads - yon alien time traveling civilization hath overtaken my planet. I shall hath to use mine mighty rake to scare them hence."

crabpuff
2007-08-08, 02:28 PM
A Wizard with 9th level spell's that keeps casting Ice Assasin until it works.

Zincorium
2007-08-08, 02:31 PM

Y'know, I now realize why WotC has put out such broken stuff.

They don't read their own freakin' rules.

MM, page 314. A monster MUST have a constitution score to have regeneration. As an undead critter, this guy has no constitution.

Therefore, he cannot have regeneration. Fast healing, yes, regeneration not by the rules as written.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-08, 02:39 PM
Good catch.

Then again, could they do it if they took enough Bone Knight (Eberron) to get the immunity to non-lethal damage?

Jimmy Discordia
2007-08-08, 02:43 PM
Maybe the overdeity of overdeities...

By which you mean Invisible Christopher Walken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcU2-Fm8wVQ&mode=related&search=

EDIT: I should add, there are some bits in this video that probably aren't work safe. Limited to naughty words, though.

Rama_Lei
2007-08-08, 02:48 PM
Well, keep in mind he makes 5,064-5,074 gp a week tending his farm, so he has probably had a chance to buy some really nice gear. Adamantine shovels, hoes, and scythes, I would imagine.

*snicker* Adamantine hoes...

bosssmiley
2007-08-08, 03:04 PM
Upper_Krust created a creature with a CR in excess of 8,000 for his "Immortals Handbook" Bestiary, the Neutronium Golem.

There's also this (http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showpost.php?p=3642429&postcount=682) abomination, which was based off it. CR? 17,406 :smalleek:

Arbitrarity
2007-08-08, 03:07 PM
Too bad. I guess pun-pun is overkill.

Jimmy Discordia
2007-08-08, 03:11 PM
There's also this (http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showpost.php?p=3642429&postcount=682) abomination, which was based off it. CR? 17,406 :smalleek:

491,520d10+286? As a hapless victim once said of Thog's power attack, I hope he rolls a 1. 491,520 times, in this case.

At least he only has a x2 critical.

Wolfbite
2007-08-08, 03:13 PM
Y'know, I now realize why WotC has put out such broken stuff.

They don't read their own freakin' rules.

MM, page 314. A monster MUST have a constitution score to have regeneration. As an undead critter, this guy has no constitution.

Therefore, he cannot have regeneration. Fast healing, yes, regeneration not by the rules as written.

So... a Troll who is [whatever type]Undead is no longer a troll, and thus only has undead qualities...Even if he is a special undead type, the template changes the creature to Undead which now becomes the base creature...So again, he doesn't benefit from being a Troll. Nice though.

Telonius
2007-08-08, 03:25 PM

They'd have to be level appropriate encounters, though. So it would move from a single weed to "Egads - yon alien time traveling civilization hath overtaken my planet. I shall hath to use mine mighty rake to scare them hence."

Vorpal pitchfork ftw! :smallbiggrin:

The_Werebear
2007-08-08, 04:06 PM
Hrmm.. You really don't even need 9000 class levels to get that...

Wizard 500 should be enough to put the CR there. Yay Epic Spellcasting.

"I cast Summon And Compel Overdiety."

Arbitrarity
2007-08-08, 04:14 PM
But that's not how the CR system works! :smallbiggrin:

Technically, of course, pun-pun is currently a 1'st level (fallen) paladin, or an ardent, or something else, and so CR 1/3 or so.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-08, 04:34 PM
Well, you could probably just take The Mortiverse (http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2873260&postcount=1) and take 9 or 10 zeroes off of all the numbers to get around CR 9,000.

CrazedGoblin
2007-08-08, 04:58 PM
the dreaded furby

Telonius
2007-08-08, 04:59 PM
But that's not how the CR system works! :smallbiggrin:

Technically, of course, pun-pun is currently a 1'st level (fallen) paladin, or an ardent, or something else, and so CR 1/3 or so.

Ah, but he also has the ability "CR: Whatever I feel like." :smallbiggrin:

RTGoodman
2007-08-08, 05:25 PM

Mighty Rake [Artifact]
Price (Item Level): - (9001st)
Body Slot: Held (weapon)
Caster Level: -
Aura: Overwhelming (all schools)
Activation: -
Weight: 5 pounds

The farmer you see looks unlike any other farmer you’ve ever seen. Indeed, he looks like the very avatar of farming (or whatever it is that commoners do). In his wrinkled old hands he bears a rake, which looks like the very avatar of rake-ness (whatever that means).

This +91 Defending Keen Lucky Plantbane Vorpal Adamantine Rake* looks like a wooden-handled, metal-headed tool used for moving leaves into piles or performing other farming-related chores. In reality, it is a Major Artifact that can only be wielded by the greatest of commoners.

In addition to its normal functioning as a weapon, the Mighty Rake gives its wielder a +1000 competence bonus on Profession (Farmer) checks. Anyone wielding it is automatically considered proficient in its use.

In order to wield the Mighty Rake, a character must have 9004 ranks in Profession (Farmer). Anyone attempting to wield the rake without meeting this prerequisite immediately gains 9000 negative levels. Creatures slain in this way are immediately disintegrated, and the area where their ashes fall are affected as by the 'overgrowth' power of the plant growth spell (except the vegetation produced is corn, wheat, barley, or any other crop of the sort, and it can only take the form of a 100 foot radius circle centered on the wielder’s former position).

*Rake: Two-handed simple weapon (1d6, 19-20/x2 piercing and slashing; 1d6/x3 bludgeoning)

Overlord
2007-08-08, 06:29 PM
Um. Yes? Hit him with a strong powerattacking 2-hander. Powerattack for max. It's not like you're likely to miss. Spam 50+ Damage hits. I think the commoner will roll a one on their fort save vs. massive damage before they kill anything with their d3 damage (that provokes an AoO).

Sadly, the party gains no XP, since the XP chart doesn't account for ECLs that high.

Ah, but you're forgetting about ability score increases from levels.

At level 9001, this guy is going to be getting 9000/4= 2250 increases to his ability scores. Those points have to go somewhere. Now, with that many hit dice, putting more than a hundred or so increases into Con is kind of a waste. The best place to put them would be (IMO) to put 700 or so into Dex, giving him a +345 bonus to AC and Initiative, and the rest (1550) into Str, giving him a +770 bonus to attack and damage, even with those fists.

Can you beat him if he has an Initiative bonus of +345, a +780 bonus to hit with his fists, dealing 1d3+770 points of damage per hit? And he gets two hits from base attack bonus. Not to mention the fact that, to hit him, you need to hit an AC of 345.

A Wizard with a lot of time and a lot of no-saving-throw-allowed magic could do it, but he'd still probably need Epic Spells to have a fair chance. This Level 9001 Commoner is no pushover.

Even if you dump those points into a mental stat, well, let's see:

If you give him a +2250 Int, he's going to have skill points. A LOT of skill points. Sure, you could just waste them all on Craft (Insert stupid item) but really, that's almost like cheating. But more to the point, this guy can now make untrained craft checks with a DC of 2240 without any chance of failure. Using the epic craft rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#craftAlchemy), he can, without any checks required, make a DC 2235 Acid flask that deals 112d6 damage to the target, and 112 splash damage. Ouch. Now, granted, each of these costs 1850 gp, but this guy is supposed to have the wealth of a level 9001 NPC. That 1850 gold is chump change.

As for Wis, well, again we must look at the Epic Skill uses. With a 2250 Wis, he'll have a Sense Motive check of +2240. Unless you can come up with a Bluff check of 2240, he can quite literally read your mind. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#detectSurfaceThoughts) That's gotta count for something. Oh, and he can use Survival to pretty much track you down from anywhere in the same plane.

As for Cha, well.... He can A: Use Bluff to implant a nonmagical suggestion; or B: use Diplomacy to talk you into submission and make you willing to die for him. Also, if he gets a single point into handle animal, he can, with a DC 188 check that he would make for free, tame the Tarrasque in a single minute. Scary.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-08, 06:34 PM
Nope, I explicitly put them all in wisdom. So actually, that method works. However, it is clear to me that I know must use tags, because some people, unlike our common friend, have abominable sense motive.

asqwasqw
2007-08-08, 06:42 PM
In order to wield the Mighty Rake, a character must have 9004 ranks in Profession (Farmer). Anyone attempting to wield the rake without meeting this prerequisite immediately gains 9000 negative levels. Creatures slain in this way are immediately disintegrated, and the area where their ashes fall are affected as by the 'overgrowth' power of the plant growth spell (except the vegetation produced is corn, wheat, barley, or any other crop of the sort, and it can only take the form of a 100 foot radius circle centered on the wielder’s former position).

Hey, Mr. Epic God, can you hold my rake for a second and use it to wack the leaves? Disintergration!

Gorbash Kazdar
2007-08-08, 06:45 PM
I'd have to go with Gary Gygax. Also, thread cannot be complete without this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI).

Ivellios
2007-08-08, 07:20 PM
Everyone who saw my other thread already must know I'm kinda obsessed with this kind of thing(Alienist class), but just hear me out...

The Alienist class discription describes Herculean minds that have punched through the barrier at the end of time itself, obsorbed in contemplations of madness, with knowledge that if given to a mere mortal would completely shatter their mind.

What is a "Herculean" mind doing beyond the realms of time and the planes? I like to think someone was knowlageable enough to figure out how to get there. I don't mean cast a spell to take them, but by mere thought some being could bend reality to their liking, get bored with it, and sit outside of reality and ponder stuff for a while.

Now, what if that guy decided to revisit the material plane? I don't think he would be beatable. You could be a high level whatever you want, and the guy just could decide he didn't like you at that power level, and you immediatly aren't anymore. You may or may not remember you ever were a high level character, and depending on what he(she? it?) decides to plant in your head, you may or may not want to kill him anymore.

Since he can change his mind about the amount of HP he has left at any given time, he'd be unbeatable with out his express concent to beat him.

The only way you could even have a chance is to achive what he/she/it has achived himself/herself/itself. Figure out how to pull the strings of reality. beat this 9,000 + CR being at it's own game.

UglyPanda
2007-08-11, 02:13 PM
The ability that keeps trolls invulnerable to anything but fire and acid is regeneration. Chuladoal (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20051209a) doesn't actually have regeneration on his list of abilities. It was probably left out by accident or someone else caught the mistake and removed that ability without telling the writer.

Overlord
2007-08-11, 02:17 PM
Nope, I explicitly put them all in wisdom. So actually, that method works. However, it is clear to me that I know must use tags, because some people, unlike our common friend, have abominable sense motive.

Oh, I was simply noting that at level 9001, even a commoner can probably kick a non-epic PC's butt.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-11, 02:42 PM
:smallbiggrin: Yeah, they would be able to, if it weren't for the gimpiness of that particular commoner. He can read your mind, but it doesn't help when he deals 1d3 unarmed damage.

He's designed as an anti-optimization example. Not as bad as the sandwich, or Nup-Nup, but he's both a mockery of CR. A level 10 or so party could kill him easily. That someone responded saying they could kill him merely showed that they missed this.

PMDM
2007-08-11, 04:18 PM
Everyone who saw my other thread already must know I'm kinda obsessed with this kind of thing(Alienist class), but just hear me out...

The Alienist class discription describes Herculean minds that have punched through the barrier at the end of time itself, obsorbed in contemplations of madness, with knowledge that if given to a mere mortal would completely shatter their mind.

What is a "Herculean" mind doing beyond the realms of time and the planes? I like to think someone was knowlageable enough to figure out how to get there. I don't mean cast a spell to take them, but by mere thought some being could bend reality to their liking, get bored with it, and sit outside of reality and ponder stuff for a while.

Now, what if that guy decided to revisit the material plane? I don't think he would be beatable. You could be a high level whatever you want, and the guy just could decide he didn't like you at that power level, and you immediatly aren't anymore. You may or may not remember you ever were a high level character, and depending on what he(she? it?) decides to plant in your head, you may or may not want to kill him anymore.

Since he can change his mind about the amount of HP he has left at any given time, he'd be unbeatable with out his express concent to beat him.

The only way you could even have a chance is to achive what he/she/it has achived himself/herself/itself. Figure out how to pull the strings of reality. beat this 9,000 + CR being at it's own game.

You've just described our Serenity, the Lady of Pain.

Seriously, she doesn't have stats for a reason. She beats anyone. Period. As long as they're in Sigil. It's an impossible stat, because there's no point to the stats. She wins. End of story.

Indon
2007-08-11, 04:22 PM

Four times a day.

Tarken
2007-08-11, 06:39 PM
obviously the only thing the DM would allow would be: himself with such spells as unlimited wish at caster level googoltriplex :smallbiggrin: (I know big words)

Yeril
2007-08-11, 06:44 PM
Pelor*

*with decanter of endless punpun

:smallamused:

slexlollar89
2007-08-11, 09:25 PM
a creature so powerful that when it causes a TPK, the players die, and the DM becomes a good, honest, trustworthy person:smallamused:

Dhavaer
2007-08-11, 09:36 PM
By which you mean Invisible Christopher Walken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcU2-Fm8wVQ&mode=related&search=

EDIT: I should add, there are some bits in this video that probably aren't work safe. Limited to naughty words, though.

Hasn't Invisible Christopher Walken stated that his CR is 999?

Goober4473
2007-08-11, 09:51 PM
Chuladoal, just give him 5 levels of wizard, and 10 of Elemental Savant (earth). Oh yeah, and make him immune to turning. He literally cannot be touched. As a troll, the only way he takes lethal damage is from acid and fire. Being Undead, he is immune to nonlethal damage. He is immune to fire due to the fact that he is a Pyro troll, and immune to acid via elemental savant. Just add the immunity to turning, and his undead traits, and you have a untouchable character.

You'd need immunity to magic as well, or a whole bunch of weird effects and anti-undead spells could mess him up. Would an amulet of antimagic field ruin any of his other defensive abilities?

Interesting side note: I once had a paragon 20th level human commoner wielding a few artifacts (a scythe, wicker armor, and one or two others) as the boss of a dungeon.

Otto-Sieve
2007-08-11, 10:24 PM
Ao-Cthul-Pun

Pagz
2007-08-12, 08:27 AM
Imagine the gun as a rake instead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XrokL3D10w)

2xMachina
2009-06-23, 06:41 AM
Ouroboros (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/Ouroboros,_Great-Great-Great_Wyrm_Cometary_Dragon)

Need Slipstream to attack him, and even then, he attacks you from the past, present and future. Even if you do kill it, it'll revived in 1d10 hours.

Only CR 272 though.

sofawall
2009-06-23, 06:43 AM
Dr. McNinja.

Tengu_temp
2009-06-23, 06:50 AM
A thread necromancer.

ImmortalAer
2009-06-23, 07:03 AM
You have to face down Monty Python, and the Entire Flying Circus. And even the Black Knight. Actually. Just the Black Knight.

(The above, too.)

Roland St. Jude
2009-06-23, 07:34 AM
Ouroboros (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/Ouroboros,_Great-Great-Great_Wyrm_Cometary_Dragon)

Need Slipstream to attack him, and even then, he attacks you from the past, present and future. Even if you do kill it, it'll revived in 1d10 hours.

Only CR 272 though.

Sheriff of Moddingham: Please don't resurrect old threads. If it's older than six weeks, let it lie.