PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Besides Planar Binding how else can I get a Midguard Dwarf to work for me?

prototype00
2017-07-24, 01:41 AM
So Midguard Dwarves are the best natural crafters, short of gods, that you can get.

They are a convenient target for Planar binding, but with that curse they can toss around that's a dangerous method

What's the easiest way to get one working for you? Leadership, maybe? Or is there a convenient way to alter self into one? (AFB at the moment)

Bullet06320
2017-07-24, 06:13 AM
leadership would work, alter self would work
also planar ally spell line

AnimeTheCat
2017-07-24, 07:00 AM
So Midguard Dwarves are the best natural crafters, short of gods, that you can get.

They are a convenient target for Planar binding, but with that curse they can toss around that's a dangerous method

What's the easiest way to get one working for you? Leadership, maybe? Or is there a convenient way to alter self into one? (AFB at the moment)

Well... You could try talking to them. Using diplomacy on their home plane. You could pay for a trip to Midguard and befriend one.

WhamBamSam
2017-07-24, 08:33 AM
They're 8HD, so Alter Self will only work with Reserves of Strength. Polymorph and Metamorphosis will work, but will still require that you be an Outsider.

Zaq
2017-07-24, 08:56 AM
If you stay true to the source material, they tend to like gold.

Also favors, but I should stop there.

Psyren
2017-07-24, 09:13 AM
Also favors, but I should stop there.

Giggity.

Come to think of it, Planar Binding may still be useful...