PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Dip on Epic Druid-New spells?

Hiro Quester
2017-07-24, 09:04 AM
If I take cleric 1 as my 21st level on a Druid build, I would get two domains (animal devotion and Earth Domain spells, probably).

And I should probably not get more spells per day.

But would I also get access to 1st level Cleric spells (and could pick and choose of those and druid spells for 1st level), and use of Cleric wands etc. without UMD?

Buufreak
2017-07-24, 10:56 AM
If I take cleric 1 as my 21st level on a Druid build, I would get two domains (animal devotion and Earth Domain spells, probably).

I'm with you so far...

And I should probably not get more spells per day.

Negative. Level 1 of Cleric gives you all the casting of a level 1 Cleric.

But would I also get access to 1st level Cleric spells (and could pick and choose of those and druid spells for 1st level), and use of Cleric wands etc. without UMD?

Each class would have separate spell slots. You aren't casting Cleric spells from Druid slots, or vice versa.

Hiro Quester
2017-07-24, 11:11 AM
Except that somewhere in the ELH it says that after you become Epic you do not get more spells per day, and that the only way to do so is to take the "Improved Spell Capacity" feat.

Can you get more spell slots, but not more spells per day?

Does that mean you get the spell slots but can't cast any of them?

gooddragon1
2017-07-24, 11:29 AM
Except that somewhere in the ELH it says that after you become Epic you do not get more spells per day, and that the only way to do so is to take the "Improved Spell Capacity" feat.

Can you get more spell slots, but not more spells per day?

Does that mean you get the spell slots but can't cast any of them?

You don't get more slots for a class going 20+ and onwards, but your cleric component is level 1. You'll follow the chart for them as the class indicates.

Hiro Quester
2017-07-24, 03:41 PM
Oh Of Course:

The epic character gains all the 1st-level class skills, weapon proficiency, armor proficiency, spells, and other class features of the new class, as well as a Hit Die of the appropriate type. In addition, the character gets the usual skill points from the new class.
SRD Source (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/basics.htm#addingaSecondClass)

Goaty14
2017-07-24, 06:51 PM
The Spell Capacity reference assumes you don't multiclass. Cleric 10/Druid 20 will have more spells per day that Druid 30