PDA

View Full Version : The Greyfyre Order [IC]

JNAProductions
2017-07-24, 07:57 PM
You are all assembled in your duplicitous lair.

Your lair, as it happens, is a small meeting room in a larger clerical building. It's temporary, but has bright light streaming in through the second-story window, and offers a good deal of privacy.

You have over 30,000 gold nobles at your disposal to finance your activities, and are currently unknown to the city guard as anything other than ordinary civilians.

JbeJ275
2017-07-24, 09:09 PM
Ignatius allows small flames to dance along his fingertips as he says So, we have accrued our wealth and found our strength. Shall we discuss the mission we have gathered here to achieve?

MintyNinja
2017-07-25, 01:26 PM
Oskar sets his full backpack down next to the table and sits across from his comrades. Nodding, he says, "To bring glory and reverence to our Grey King. Before we start bringing in the masses, we should buy or build a place to call our church. We'll need barracks for the faithful, kitchens, places of prayer and study, and something for them to do. We could speak to the Grey King and collect his words into a holy text, translate it as often as we can, and have the believers copy it. It wouldn't provide income, but it would be useful." He looks from one ally to the next as he talks, trying to gauge their thoughts on the matter. While Lanni Loddi spent more time with Master Lurdi, Oskar felt that the recency of his education and the old man's renewed focus in teaching meant that even though he was the youngest, he might know more about setting the basis for belief. And if he was mistaken, the others would correct him.

JbeJ275
2017-07-25, 02:52 PM
Additionaly we should provide amenities for those who wish to make themselves greater to be able to do so. If such strength is gathered in Order's company they feel obligated to use it for the order, and the strongest bonds are born fighting with trust in your comrades. It is unfortunate that I can not pass my teachings on to many only those with the gift, yet there is nothing stopping others from learning strength.

As Ignatius talks, phionex his hawk familiar emerges and perches atop his horns.

MintyNinja
2017-07-25, 11:11 PM
Oskar nods with a smirk, "Bring in the lowly and ignoble, set them to a mutable clay and build them up into something to be proud of. It takes time to do right, but I see the reasoning behind it. I feel we should have the recruits reach a level baseline first, and then start building them up, though. If they all start with the same training then their differences will be more pronounced as they grow. But we might be getting too far ahead of ourselves. We need a location first and foremost, legally obtained and livable. Even if it's surrounded by warehouses or taverns, I feel some place large and able to be improved would suit our needs."

JbeJ275
2017-07-25, 11:17 PM
I am new to the city and my form leads to difficulty making worthwhile contacts so while I know who we need to approach it may take me some time to confirm a meeting, does anyone have any knowledge of how to go about acquiring ring the permit needed for such a place? Do we claim it as a residence? If not what do we tell those fools in the city's authority?

JNAProductions
2017-07-26, 10:53 AM
I am new to the city and my form leads to difficulty making worthwhile contacts, does anyone have any knowledge of how to go about acquiring such a place?

The merchants' district is probably your best bet.

Orion has a guild of realtors and builders-they'd likely be the people to talk to.

You do, however, need a permit from the local government for anything other than personal residences.

MintyNinja
2017-07-26, 12:15 PM
"I haven't a clue," Oskar says as he leans back in his chair holds his hands out wide. "Seems to me that if it were a workshop who's to say it's wrong to live in house? But this is why we have the gold, right? To do something big right out the gate?"

JbeJ275
2017-07-28, 01:30 PM
Yes, something big indeed something that will make the world weep withadoration for our lord, yet WWE must all admit this shall take time, yet I do believe acquiring a premises must come before all else.

JNAProductions
2017-07-28, 01:32 PM
It's not more than half an hour to the merchant's district, to see about finding the realtor's guild and acquiring property. The local seat of government is only ten minutes away, at the center of Orion.

MintyNinja
2017-07-28, 04:35 PM
"Alright, how about you focus on that. I'm not the best at dealing with people," Oskar says. "I'll check out some suppliers at the markets. See what it would cost for living expenses and required furnishings." He stands up from the table and shoulders his bag. "We should all check back here around dusk if there's somewhere new to live. Maybe even leave a note for the others if something comes up. I'll see you then." Oskar leaves the room and heads out into the city streets.

Looking for:
- Cost of bunks, simple robes, and living accoutrements for a meagre lifestyle per individual.
- Cost of bulk orders of medium quality food and ale.
- Cost of bulk order of uncut gems and a jeweller's kit.
- Cost of bulk order of paper, parchment, and ink.

Not intending to buy much, if anything, but scouting it out for our hagglers to tackle later on.

JNAProductions
2017-07-28, 09:43 PM
Oskar leaves for the market, taking a moment to gather his bearings outside and setting off for the mercantile district. Along the way, he speaks with a few people about their living expenses-his brusque nature leaves him without answers many times, but he's able to glean along the way that a simple life well-lived costs maybe two or three silvers per day.

Once in the merchants' district, he begins the process of finding various prices.

Oskar comes in, inquiring as to some prices for good ale. A man responds, looking up from his table with a few samples on it. "Aye, you want ale by the gallon? Four silver pieces, for the best quality ale in-"

"HA! Best my arse!" a competing brewer responds. "For half the price and twice the quality, I'll sell you as many gallons as you need!"

"That pig swill? Please!" the first man says.

"Believe him at your own peril, man! Drink the best-drink mine!"

Oskar enters the store, a wide selection of finely cut gems and jewelry on display. He asks about the raw stones and tools to work them, and is answered by the man behind the counter. "I'm afraid I can't help you there-my guild doesn't take kindly to competition. You could petition to join us, but, well, you don't look the sort we'd really accept. Now, are you going to buy anything?"

Oskar is able to find parchment as cheap as one silver per page, paper as cheap as two silver per page, although ink proves to be quite pricier-five gold for an ounce. He is, though, able to find charcoal writing sticks for one silver for a pack of ten-they won't write nearly as cleanly or precisely as ink would, but they'll function.

He is not, however, able to find paper or parchment in especially large quantities.

JbeJ275
2017-07-29, 11:30 AM
Lanni, do you wish to accompany me to the guilds? Your expertise with finance would be useful there.

MintyNinja
2017-07-31, 03:49 PM
Holding his hands up in a placating matter, Oskar says, "Sirs, please, there's an easier way to solve this. If you've got a small cask around I can take a taste of each and decide the matter with coin. It's a fair test and the best man's ale will win, eh?"

Oskar weighs his options mentally before coming to the obvious conclusion, "I'm not able to buy your fine wares today, but if you could offer me directions to your Guildhall I'd like to take the chance to petition my apprenticeship." Really, though, he'd consider the Guildhall for a robbery if it seemed within his abilities. No point in the tradesman's life with such an important task set before him by his Lord.

Oskar will refrain from buying paper and ink just yet and instead browse around for cheap toolsets. It's imperative that cultists have a trade that takes their time and helps fund the Order at the same time.

JNAProductions
2017-07-31, 09:27 PM
"Alright," the first brewer says, reaching for a mug to fill. The other brewer scoffs, but does the same.

Soon, you have two glasses in front of you. Taking a sip of one, then the other, they have similar flavors, but the details are different. One is a more earthy, strong ale, while the other contains lighter notes of color in its flavor.

Overall though, you'd say they're of similar quality.

"It's down the road, clustered with the other guildhalls. We share space with the Alchemists," the man replies.

Unfortunately, it seems the guilds press tightly on the more advanced trades. While various home tools can be found-hammers and the like-a proper toolset that one can work with is nowhere in sight.

JbeJ275
2017-08-04, 07:14 PM
Whether or not Lanni accompanies him Ignatius will journey towards the small local government office shifting his form to match what most would expect from a wealthy human merchant

Marked off the spell slot for disguise self

JNAProductions
2017-08-04, 10:07 PM
The government building is a large complex, in the center of town. Entering, Ignatius sees several desks flanking a door. One of the people behind the desks-a gnomish woman-looks up from her writing, and asks politely "May I help you, sir?"

JbeJ275
2017-08-14, 05:22 AM
Ah, yes Ignatius mutters adopting a nervous voice different from his usual for this person.

I was looking to inquire about purchasing permission for the obtaining of a building in the warehouse district.

JNAProductions
2017-08-14, 11:16 AM
"Hm, warehouse, warehouse..." the woman says, tapping her chin with an ink pen. "Well, what exactly do you need the permit for? A simple storage permit won't cost more than 15 gold crowns, but, of course, you'll need to find a building available for purchase. If you're looking to do more, though, it might have to be a different permit."

JbeJ275
2017-08-18, 02:14 PM
Well we may use it to house certain labourers as well, and to gather to discuss things with a variety of people, however as I understand it you don't need a permit for something to act as housing.

JNAProductions
2017-08-18, 09:11 PM
"I... Suppose not. Well, let me see about getting you a permit-Sheila!" she calls over behind her. "Get me some more ink! I need to write something."

The woman, Sheila, brings a small pot of ink over, and the gnomish woman begins scritching out words on paper. Soon enough, she's blowing the ink dry, and slides over a permit with her signature. "There. This will cover you for any warehouse, barring some of the largest we have in the city. It'll be 10 crowns, though."

JbeJ275
2017-08-20, 08:26 AM
Ignatius slips the woman the Gold then leaves with the permit heading back towards the lair at which they assembled earlier.