PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder is there a list of essentials items to have for Adventuing

Nosta
2017-07-25, 10:37 AM
I have 18500 GP TO spend so war I have bought the following

My Armor: +1 Breast-plate
My weapon: +1 Keen katana
My Cloak: +1 Cloak of Resistance
My Belt: Belt of Heavy load

I also picked these kits up

Full Essentials Kit
•backpack 2 gp 2 lbs*
•bedroll 1 sp 5 lbs*
•1-pint flask 3 cp 1.5 lbs
•14 days’ trail rations 7 gp 14 lbs*
Total weight: 22.5LB

Basic Wilderness Kit
•hunting knife 2 gp 1 lb
•fishing line and hook 1 sp
•flint and steel 1 gp
•tent 10 gp 20 lbs*
•waterskin 1 gp 4 lbs

25LB

Cold Weather Kit
•cold weather outfit 8 gp 7 lbs*
•winter blanket 5 sp 3 lbs*
•firewood 1 cp 20 lbs
23lB

Deluxe Dungeoneering Kit
•everburning torch 110 gp 1 lb
•crowbar 2 gp 5 lbs
•5 pitons 5 sp 2.5 lbs
•grappling hook 1 gp 4 lbs
•50-foot silk rope 10 gp 5 lbs
•3x chalk 3 cp

I Have a little over 2000GP if my math is right.
is there anything else I could squeeze in To be better prepared?

inuyasha
2017-07-25, 11:47 AM
Polished silver mirrors for those with gaze attacks
Bags of flour for invisible opponents
10-foot poles for everything...
Goat(s) for setting off traps
Holy water for ghosts and ghoulish nasties

Depending on your build/ranks in UMD, some possibilities:

Wand of healing
Wand of ventriloquism and/or ghost sound for distractions
Wand of silent image for a clever getaway
Wand of invisibility for the same reason
Scrolls of any of the above, in case you lack the funds or don't want to commit to 50 charges of them

I think you can guess how my group plays.

Nosta
2017-07-25, 11:55 AM
Polished silver mirrors for those with gaze attacks
Bags of flour for invisible opponents
10-foot poles for everything...
Goat(s) for setting off traps
Holy water for ghosts and ghoulish nasties

Depending on your build/ranks in UMD, some possibilities:

Wand of healing
Wand of ventriloquism and/or ghost sound for distractions
Wand of silent image for a clever getaway
Wand of invisibility for the same reason
Scrolls of any of the above, in case you lack the funds or don't want to commit to 50 charges of them

I think you can guess how my group plays.

Yep, I see your group seems fun.

Sadly I have no UMD But the Bard might
the flour dose sound good though

mistermysterio
2017-07-25, 12:00 PM
typically, belt slot should be used for an ability belt... dexterity, dexterity and strength, dexterity and con... etc.

Handy Haversack (~2000 gold) is pretty handy. If you had more money you could get a handy haversack and drop that belt and get a belt of dex... then put everything into the haversack that you arent physically carrying (it would all basically weigh 20lbs, if I recall).

There are other items that are always fairly useful... hat of disguise, gloves of reconnaissance, ring of sustenance, eyes of the eagle... etc.

There are plenty of items that are great when you get more money. Ring of evasion, Ring of protection, Ring of Freedom of Movement (or unfettered shirt), Headband of + ability score (wisdom, int, cha... one or some combination thereof), Necklace of natural armor, etc.

Ioun stones can add a nice bonus with a mild to moderate cost... even better if you get a wayfinder and get some additional benefit as well!

Ellrin
2017-07-25, 01:49 PM
Some drills. From Paizo's online PRD:

A drill can create a 1-inch-diameter hole in stone, wood, or metal as a standard action. Harder materials wear down or break the drill more quickly. Hearing the sound of drilling requires a DC 15 Perception check.

They cost 5 sp normally, though see if your DM will let you get an adamantine version (as a reasonable excuse to slow the "wearing down" process and let you drill through fancier materials, assuming he cares to implement either of those ideas since there's no RAW for them).

Find a locked door? No rogue to pick the lock or barbarian to bash it in? Take out your drill and put a few one inch holes in the mechanism. Can't find the lock? Drill through the hinges--you should be able to reach them even if they're on the other side of the door.

Drill convenient holes in equipment or other objects to put ropes through. Drill peep/listening holes through walls of rooms holding important meetings (before people arrive)--at higher levels, drill a hole only through the lead lining such a room so that your tampering is that much less obvious, and you can later scry on the meeting from afar. Drill a hole in the underside of a locked chest to retrieve small items without making your intrusion apparent when the owner comes back.

Etc.

TheFamilarRaven
2017-07-25, 02:01 PM
You should probably get a Ioun Torch instead of a Everburning Torch. They're Cheaper, provide the same effect, and are (most importantly) hands-free. You should also carry 1 or 2 sunrods (or normal torches) in case for some odd reason your light source gets dispelled/repressed. Personally I'd lose the Belt of Heavy Load and use your left over gold to get a Mule for carrying things, and a Stat Boosting Item.