PDA

View Full Version : Started new D&D game campaign, DM works for TellTale games

OpiumBear666
2017-07-25, 12:05 PM
My roommate who is also our DM for latest campaign started this game with an interesting narrative; he made the game less fantasy and grand magic based and had it more grounded in realism with less battles. He works for telltale games for his day job and in that vein he created this campaign to based around interaction, diplomacy, politics, social and communicative skills and so on. Similar to telltale games he made this game heavily dependent on how you interact and build relationships with people, weather NPC or other PCs. Its definitely interesting, and one player who is a mimic bard, most underpowered physically with only a handfull of useful spells, has built great clout and camaraderie with a tribe of orcs, a influential elven merchant and leaders of the city watch. With his leadership and powerful speech, he has taken down a troupe of assassins, rival orc tribes, and even a stone giant. Its a blast. I have a picture of the map he made based on the bay area but i'm a new account on this forum so i can't post images yet, but soon!

GungHo
2017-07-25, 12:31 PM
Does this person want this sort of notoriety?

kyoryu
2017-07-26, 03:08 PM
Are his initials BF?

OpiumBear666
2017-08-05, 05:53 PM
Does this person want this sort of notoriety?

Are you claiming he's notorious ?

OpiumBear666
2017-08-05, 05:54 PM
Are his initials BF?

No, his initials are TT

GungHo
2017-08-07, 01:09 PM
Are you claiming he's notorious ?

No, I'm saying this person may not want you telling everyone about this.

Mikemical
2017-08-09, 08:55 AM
Similar to telltale games he made this game heavily dependent on how you interact and build relationships with people, weather NPC or other PCs.

So characters will forget everything you've done for them to call you out on not sticking up for them then they mess up or make stupid decisions? *cough* Kenny in TWD *cough*

"X will remember this" is the biggest lie everyone has bought off Telltale Games' products.

kyoryu
2017-08-09, 11:33 AM
So characters will forget everything you've done for them to call you out on not sticking up for them then they mess up or make stupid decisions? *cough* Kenny in TWD *cough*

"X will remember this" is the biggest lie everyone has bought off Telltale Games' products.

Branching paths are a bitch in making computer games.

Beelzebubba
2017-08-09, 01:24 PM
Hey everyone,

*HUMBLEBRAG*

:smallcool:

Largo833
2017-08-09, 10:16 PM

Nah, the biggest lie is the one at the start of every episode- "This game series adapts to the choices you make. The story is tailored by how you play." :smalltongue:

War_lord
2017-08-10, 12:24 AM
I seriously have no idea how Telltale keeps getting away with that. I stopped having an interest in their games when I realized they had no interest in creating meaningful choice.

OpiumBear666
2017-08-26, 03:34 PM
Hey everyone,

*HUMBLEBRAG*

:smallcool:

haha ok i'm sorry i guess that is kind of. I more so wanted to highlight the concept of being more interaction, diplomacy, and cunning/persuasion/intimidation as opposed to outright battle for game campaign, and the possibilities there in anyone could create.

kyoryu
2017-08-31, 11:06 AM
haha ok i'm sorry i guess that is kind of. I more so wanted to highlight the concept of being more interaction, diplomacy, and cunning/persuasion/intimidation as opposed to outright battle for game campaign, and the possibilities there in anyone could create.

So, run games like that?

People have for years.