PDA

View Full Version : Playing an Erinyes

Yvhv Weide
2017-07-25, 12:13 PM
Ok, so, it's all in the title. my dm has given me permission to play as an erinyes, for whatever diabolical reason they may have for doing so. However, we are both at a sort of impasse. we have been discussing how to do this, and honestly, we have come down to an issue.

An Erinyes, has a level adjustment of +7. that would put me at a very distinct disadvantage compared to the rest of the party, and the dm wants to keep things fun and fair among us players. i suggested we use savage species progression, but that is turning out to be more work than we expected, and honestly, its become a hassle. i'd be happy to do anything possible to help my dm by making this easier, in anyway possible. so id figure id come looking here for suggestions.

So, what should i suggest to help this situation along? maybe someone could point out a better way to use savage species progression? or how to make this work? Here is the information on an erinyes. my concept, is that i would like to play an erinyes, classed into either Fighter, Psionic Warrior, Beguiler, Wilder, or Soulborn. (Id like to see how a soulborn would play out). th eracial abilities and everything are neat/cool, but that LA is murder.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Erinyes

Fouredged Sword
2017-07-25, 12:23 PM
Honestly, I would as DM, just let you play one as a ECL 9 character. That level adjustment is pretty harsh for something that has the same CR as a level 8 human wizard. If there is a balance problem with the SLA's I would reduce them to 3/day and reduce the trueseeing to 1/day as the spell. That may be a little weak for a level 9 character though. 9 character levels is a powerful thing. A 9th level wizard is throwing around 5th level spells. You have early and easy access to a few spells, but nothing that should be too game breaking.

RoboEmperor
2017-07-25, 12:23 PM
Erinyes are ECL 16. 9hd + 7 LA.

The only way you are going to play an Erinyes is by savage species progression. You will have 0 class levels with this character until level 17.

The only other way is having a Epic Level Wizard create an epic spell that transforms you into an Erinyes to avoid the ECL and LA penalties, but if you do that you won't get her SLAs, ability scores etc.

Hackulator
2017-07-25, 12:30 PM
What level is the rest of the party?

Dragonexx
2017-07-25, 12:38 PM
Ignore savage species, it's garbage that does nothing but **** on the concept of monster PCs. Ignore the level adjustment system, it's garbage that does nothing but **** on the concept of monster PCs. Ignore the monster character rules in the DMG, they're garbage that does nothing but **** on the concept of monster PCs.

Looking at the erinyes, the only really problematic ability is greater teleport, but there are counters for that. So really, you could just play it as a level 9 character straight out of the statblock. Everything it has is perfectly in line with a level 8-9 PC, if a but underpowered actually.

Caelestion
2017-07-25, 12:39 PM
If you're actually intending to play one for any length of time, ignore WotC's artificially-inflated LAs and follow the advice in this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21153809&postcount=308).

KillianHawkeye
2017-07-25, 12:47 PM
Ignore savage species, it's garbage that does nothing but **** on the concept of monster PCs. Ignore the level adjustment system, it's garbage that does nothing but **** on the concept of monster PCs. Ignore the monster character rules in the DMG, they're garbage that does nothing but **** on the concept of monster PCs.

Tell us how you really feel.

Hackulator
2017-07-25, 01:16 PM

Looking at the erinyes, the only really problematic ability is greater teleport, but there are counters for that. So really, you could just play it as a level 9 character straight out of the statblock. Everything it has is perfectly in line with a level 8-9 PC, if a but underpowered actually.

I feel like you are underestimating the value of 52 points of stats.

RoboEmperor
2017-07-25, 02:00 PM
You can make the pure savage species erinyes work. All it takes is

1. 100% reliance on wealth.
2. An additional 100% reliance on wealth.
3. 100% reliance on teammates
4. If you choose the feats, go ubercharger build, and you can make up the difference.
5. Low-Op game.

You are essentially a summoned monster that the party cleric and wizard needs to buff to high heck.

I honestly can see this working, if you do the 5 things I said. You're not playing an Erinyes to kick ass, you're playing an Erinyes to have fun roleplay wise.

As for the progression, Succubi are similar so use that as a model.

Dragonexx
2017-07-25, 02:05 PM

Not really. I'm currently in a 10th level game where most of the party has even higher stats than that. They're kinda overrated. Seriously, you could start your character with all 18s in their stats and it wouldn't be that significant of a difference.

Hackulator
2017-07-25, 02:09 PM
Not really. I'm currently in a 10th level game where most of the party has even higher stats than that. They're kinda overrated. Seriously, you could start your character with all 18s in their stats and it wouldn't be that significant of a difference.

Yes but whatever your party did to get stats that high, the Erinyes could have done too? It gets 52 points of BONUS stats, on top of whatever rolls or other **** you get because it is a PC, not an NPC.

I also do wonder if your 10th level game where everyone has higher stats than that (unless you mean people have a single stat higher than those) might be a bit skewed in the optimization or WBL.

Gildedragon
2017-07-25, 02:12 PM
I'd say playing it as an ECL 8 character (as the CR is 8)
Caster level for stuff is equal to character level

Zakerst
2017-07-25, 02:12 PM
I believe the LA assignment thread on these boards has covered devils already so an adjusted LA is there to look at.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21153809&postcount=308

the_david
2017-07-25, 02:26 PM
If this was Pathfinder your Erinyes would start with an effective character level of 9 and gain an effective level adjustment of -4 as she gains levels. (I think.) You might want to ask your DM to consider the Pathfinder method.

Dragonexx
2017-07-25, 02:29 PM
That's why i said that the rules for monster characters in the DMG are ****. If your talking about where it says to use 10's as the base don't do that. If you must, use the elite array instead correlating the highest stat to lowest rounding down (your choice if they're equal). You'll end up with smaller boosts. Or you could seriously just play the statblock as is, maybe adding in some gear, and call it a day.

Hackulator
2017-07-25, 02:38 PM
That's why i said that the rules for monster characters in the DMG are ****. If your talking about where it says to use 10's as the base don't do that. If you must, use the elite array instead correlating the highest stat to lowest rounding down (your choice if they're equal). You'll end up with smaller boosts. Or you could seriously just play the statblock as is, maybe adding in some magic items.

Yes, if you change the rules for monsters to make them less powerful as PCs, they become less powerful and less worth their level adjustment. I suppose that is true, though it seems kind of like a silly argument to make.

Fouredged Sword
2017-07-25, 02:55 PM
Yes, if you change the rules for monsters to make them less powerful as PCs, they become less powerful and less worth their level adjustment. I suppose that is true, though it seems kind of like a silly argument to make.

The numbers look big, but in reality they are not that huge. You are looking at +6 to hit, damage, and +5 AC, +7 HP/hd, 6 skill points per level, and +6-7 to all saves. This is good. This is really not bad in any way. That said, it is 9 HD that you get no class features save for the racial ones. You are a flying fighter with a few specific SLA's.

On the other hand that is ALL it is. Static bonuses that don't make the race more powerful than a wizard of comparable HD.

hamishspence
2017-07-25, 03:03 PM
If you're actually intending to play one for any length of time, ignore WotC's artificially-inflated LAs and follow the advice in this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21153809&postcount=308).

Regarding the comment in that post about lack of WOTC male erinyes images - there's one I can think of - the guy in Exemplars of Evil. That's about it though.

Hackulator
2017-07-25, 03:16 PM
The numbers look big, but in reality they are not that huge. You are looking at +6 to hit, damage, and +5 AC, +7 HP/hd, 6 skill points per level, and +6-7 to all saves. This is good. This is really not bad in any way. That said, it is 9 HD that you get no class features save for the racial ones. You are a flying fighter with a few specific SLA's.

On the other hand that is ALL it is. Static bonuses that don't make the race more powerful than a wizard of comparable HD.

Greater Teleport self at will.
CHARM MONSTER AT WILL.
Spell Resistance.
Immunity to fire and poison
A little DR and some resistance to other energy types
Telepathy
constant true seeing
DID I MENTION CHARM MONSTER AT WILL?
Dodge and mobility as bonus feats
by the way its 13 to AC cause it has +8 natural armor
Minor image at will (intelligent use of this ability is VERY powerful)
Unholy Blight at will is not bad, especially when you can fly around and drop it on people.

Also a very unreliable summoning ability and....animate rope? lol

That's all on top of 52 points of stats, and the outsider HD are pretty good (Best saves, skills and BAB possible, not needing to eat or sleep can be useful in many situations)

Anxe
2017-07-25, 03:23 PM
I've designed adhoc rules for a few monster PCs. Using RAW is frustrating in this case as others have pointed out. How can something that has the same power when its fighting PCs of 9th level be considered a 16th level PC when you want to play it?
When I've done it, instead of directly using the monster as written I've pulled what the player desired from the creature and made that into a new player race without any HD attached to it. Figure out a good LA for that race to keep it in line with the rest of the party's power level, slap on some character levels in your class of choice, and you're good to go.

I'd be happy to guess on what that LA is based on the things you want out of the race. Or you can check out the LA fixing thread and use their guidelines. We'd just need to know what the key traits of an Erinyes are to you.

Erinyes are described as fallen angels in the official fluff so if anyone is looking for images of male ones, a Google search should have plenty of results.

hamishspence
2017-07-25, 03:23 PM
A 6th level Warlock can have the Charm lesser invocation and charm monsters at will. What they can't do is charm multiple monsters at a time - only one can be charmed at a time, and charming a new monster ends the effect on the old one.

So it may not be hugely ahead of the other party members.

Hackulator
2017-07-25, 03:29 PM
A 6th level Warlock can have the Charm lesser invocation and charm monsters at will. What they can't do is charm multiple monsters at a time - only one can be charmed at a time, and charming a new monster ends the effect on the old one.

So it may not be hugely ahead of the other party members.

The limitation of only having 1 charmed creature is pretty damn significant.

Dragonexx
2017-07-25, 03:35 PM
People overstate how useful charm effects are. For one it's mind affecting, and immunity to those is trivial. Secondly, it's not like dominate. They regard you as a friend and won't attack you, but also aren't automatically going to do what you tell them to do. Thirdly, they regard YOU and you alone as a friend. The rest of your party are still enemies to them (and if there are multiple enemies, then they don't regard you as a friend either.)

It's convenient in several situations, but it's not a game breaker.

Let's look at the others

Greater Teleport self at will: Possibly the only really problematic ability, but there are counters.
Spell Resistance: Not that big a deal. Most of the games best spells bypass it anyways. Also it likely doesn't scale.
Immunity to fire and poison: not a big deal, there are at least 5 other energy types.
A little DR and some resistance to other energy types: not a big deal, also no resistance to electricity.
Telepathy: Not a big deal at all. Actually probably easier on both players and DMs.
constant true seeing: Not that serious.
Dodge and mobility as bonus feats: Meh.
by the way its 13 to AC cause it has +8 natural armor: Not that high. Also it's not proficient in any armors by default.
Minor image at will (intelligent use of this ability is VERY powerful): True, but there are also counters.
Unholy Blight at will is not bad, especially when you can fly around and drop it on people: Depends on the alignment of whom your fighting. is this for an evil party?

All in all, this is perfectly fitting for a 9th level character.

I never got this argument. If the official rules are acknowledged to bad, then why would you reject homebrew solutions? For example here's a better written racial class for the Erinyes. http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=1823.0

Caelestion
2017-07-25, 03:52 PM
I believe the LA assignment thread on these boards has covered devils already so an adjusted LA is there to look at.

Yes. I linked to that very post in #6.

Greater Teleport self at will: Possibly the only really problematic ability, but there are counters.
... All in all, this is perfectly fitting for a 9th level character.

Well, you say this, but it isn't perfectly fitting for a 9th-level character. A wizard gets teleport for the first time and the unadjusted erinyes has the greater version at will.

I'd tend to go with the erinyes being banished and her name being stricken from the memory of the Maeldur et Kaevurik, which gives the perfect fluff as to why she can't summon other baatezu or teleport around and (what's more) is much more compelling than having every encounter featuring dimensional anchor or the like.

Yvhv Weide
2017-07-26, 12:06 PM
What level is the rest of the party?

We have a 10th level Fighter, a 9th Level Dread Necromancer, a 10th level favored soul, and a 5/4 (9th) Rogue/Warlock.

Fouredged Sword
2017-07-26, 12:16 PM
One important note is that greater teleport is resticted. Self and 50lbs. The wizards teleport is a group mover. You are looking at moving yourself, your weapon, your armor, and not much else. Armor +bag of holding is likely to be an issue due to weight.

RoboEmperor
2017-07-26, 12:17 PM
People overstate how useful charm effects are. For one it's mind affecting, and immunity to those is trivial. Secondly, it's not like dominate. They regard you as a friend and won't attack you, but also aren't automatically going to do what you tell them to do. Thirdly, they regard YOU and you alone as a friend. The rest of your party are still enemies to them (and if there are multiple enemies, then they don't regard you as a friend either.)

Charm is better than Dominate.

If you try to get an evil creature to help you do a good task, Charm lets you do an Opposed Charisma Check while Dominate gives them a new saving throw with a +2 bonus. Failure in Charm doesn't make the creature hostile, but failure with the Dominate frees them, and they get a new saving throw every time you make the evil creature do something good, with a +2 bonus.

Yvhv Weide
2017-07-26, 12:38 PM
ok... so....alot of suggestions being thrown around here. my sleep deprived brain is trying to absorb all this information. Alright...well...As far as campaign fluff goes, my particular Erinyes, was essentially either A-banished from her home plane, and forced to live among the disgusting mortals for a long while....and basically, she is manipulating the rest of the party to get herself back home, so she can dispose of the dirty backstabbing traitor that got her banished...OR, B- Erinyes, decides "im bored, its my century off from the torturing pits, i want to spend my vacation exploring and killing ****, and possibly screw up some things in the material plane." these are just fairly loose....concepts.

As far as mechanics go:

Honestly at this point, i could really care less about the summoning ability, and the constant true seeing, although neat, doesnt really strike me as....want-able. i mean i get it, its great, for lots of things...but...i just dont know.... i know i cannot cherry pick SLAs.

ive decided, on a side note, to forgo my previous class ideas, and do something that may seem counter productive and stupid...im going to cross class between Wilder and Soulborn.

More info one the party involved-
10th level Fighter-Half Fey, Half Orc (weird, right?)
9th level Dread Necromancer-Half Fey, Centaur (umm...even weirder)
10th level Favored Soul- Half (Amethyst) Dragon, (Succubus descended) Tiefling. (like, seriously, the grandmother to this character was a full blown succubus, GF was a Drow...Mother was the byproduct of that...father was Amethyst Dragon. Made my headspin with the genealogy..)
5/4 (9th) Rogue/Warlock- Half (Green) Dragon, Catfolk. (idk even how....Apparently, Father was the Dragon...)

*i only know the things stated above because the players were actively discussing their ancestors and such...i all of a sudden feel less special.

Let the party composition speak for itself, a group of misfit weirdos, just out doing stuff. Alignments are Ng, N, Ne, Cg. If possible id love to be LE, just to screw with my fellow party members, but, i digress i think that may not work...or maybe it will. anyways, yeah. there's more info.

TotallyNotEvil
2017-07-26, 12:41 PM
We have a 10th level Fighter, a 9th Level Dread Necromancer, a 10th level favored soul, and a 5/4 (9th) Rogue/Warlock.

Consider its LA as +1 or +2. Done.

It should fit nicely with the rest of the party.

Yvhv Weide
2017-07-26, 12:49 PM

Well, i hope so. Their race selections may make them weaker or more powerful than me....

Yvhv Weide
2017-07-26, 03:10 PM

Quick question though, how does that exactly help me? Could be the sleep deprivation, but i fail to see how slapping the la to +1 or +2 really helps...how am i to justify it and what exactly will that do to the Stats, SLAs, Dcs and hit die?

Anxe
2017-07-26, 03:18 PM
Quick question though, how does that exactly help me? Could be the sleep deprivation, but i fail to see how slapping the la to +1 or +2 really helps...how am i to justify it and what exactly will that do to the Stats, SLAs, Dcs and hit die?

You treat the Erinyes as if it's LA is +1 instead of +7. HD and all else remain the same. It joins the party with an ECL of 10 which is about what it's power level actually is. That about fits the average ECL of your party. You play it and level up in your class of choice like normal.

Yvhv Weide
2017-07-26, 03:28 PM
You treat the Erinyes as if it's LA is +1 instead of +7. HD and all else remain the same. It joins the party with an ECL of 10 which is about what it's power level actually is. That about fits the average ECL of your party. You play it and level up in your class of choice like normal.

Thank you so very much! That actually makes perfect sense! Plus i could use xp buyoff to reduce that down..maybe...possibly...if my dm lets me.

Yvhv Weide
2017-07-26, 03:32 PM

Whoa whoa whoa...52 points of stats? Ok whats happening here and why doesnt my slep starved brain comprehend

zergling.exe
2017-07-26, 03:59 PM
Whoa whoa whoa...52 points of stats? Ok whats happening here and why doesnt my slep starved brain comprehend

+10 Str, Dex, Con and Cha; +4 Int and +8 Wis for a total of +52 to their stats over however their stats are generated. Impressive numbers sure, but a fair amount of it is catching up to other classes' class features.

Gildedragon
2017-07-26, 04:04 PM
+10 Str, Dex, Con and Cha; +4 Int and +8 Wis for a total of +52 to their stats over however their stats are generated. Impressive numbers sure, but a fair amount of it is catching up to other classes' class features.

Yeah those stats are good... But what class features are they getting from being an Erinye?
Not that many.

zergling.exe
2017-07-26, 04:24 PM
Yeah those stats are good... But what class features are they getting from being an Erinye?
Not that many.

Constant true seeing, multiple at-will SLAs (including greater teleport for an easy time getting a tele-pounce build working every round), EX flight, DR 5/Good (better than a Barb will get before 19th(!) level, if easier to overcome), some immunities and resistances to common energy types, the ability to see in any type of darkness (magical or not), SR 20 (a double edged sword though, and not particularly great since it doesn't scale) and 100ft telepathy (enabling Mindsight for the ability to detect just about anything within 100ft as well as communicate with any creature).

See here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?485938-The-LA-assignment-thread&p=21153809&viewfull=1#post21153809) for a further breakdown on why the Erinyes is basically a 10th level character.

And at the bare minimum, the stats give them Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization (all weapons!), Improved Toughness x5, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes and Great Fortitude x2.5, Iron Will x2, ALL the skill feats multiple times, Dodge x5 against all enemies... Just so many feats that makes them straight better than a Fighter, especially since they can STILL take all these feats again.

Hackulator
2017-07-26, 04:33 PM
Constant true seeing, multiple at-will SLAs (including greater teleport for an easy time getting a tele-pounce build working every round), EX flight, DR 5/Good (better than a Barb will get before 19th(!) level, if easier to overcome), some immunities and resistances to common energy types, the ability to see in any type of darkness (magical or not), SR 20 (a double edged sword though, and not particularly great since it doesn't scale) and 100ft telepathy (enabling Mindsight for the ability to detect just about anything within 100ft as well as communicate with any creature).

See here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?485938-The-LA-assignment-thread&p=21153809&viewfull=1#post21153809) for a further breakdown on why the Erinyes is basically a 10th level character.

And at the bare minimum, the stats give them Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization (all weapons!), Improved Toughness x5, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes and Great Fortitude x2.5, Iron Will x2, ALL the skill feats multiple times, Dodge x5 against all enemies... Just so many feats that makes them straight better than a Fighter, especially since they can STILL take all these feats again.

I still think constant true seeing, charm monster at will, teleport self at will and flight along with everything else they get make them better than a 10th level character.

zergling.exe
2017-07-26, 04:46 PM
I still think constant true seeing, charm monster at will, teleport self at will and flight along with everything else they get make them better than a 10th level character.

True seeing has a range of 120ft and is just an illusion shut down similar to how necropolitan is a enchantment shut down. The biggest difference is that necropolitan shuts down ALL enchantment rather than just stuff in range and is available at level 1 (also shuts down a lot of Fort save requiring abilities). Really true seeing isn't all that great.

Charm monster doesn't make them regard your friends as friends, that takes another minute to attempt to diplomacy them into being more friendly towards them. So while useful, it doesn't do a whole lot that a diplomancer can't do better.

EX flight is available to 9th(?) level Raptorans, so not really too far out of power level.

Greater teleport only has two functions. It's either great tactical movement (which blink dogs get better in the form of at-will dimension door that they can take a full round action after, or even the blink shirt soulmeld) or it lets you (and only you) retreat easily.

Hackulator
2017-07-26, 04:55 PM
True seeing has a range of 120ft and is just an illusion shut down similar to how necropolitan is a enchantment shut down. The biggest difference is that necropolitan shuts down ALL enchantment rather than just stuff in range and is available at level 1 (also shuts down a lot of Fort save requiring abilities). Really true seeing isn't all that great.

Charm monster doesn't make them regard your friends as friends, that takes another minute to attempt to diplomacy them into being more friendly towards them. So while useful, it doesn't do a whole lot that a diplomancer can't do better.

EX flight is available to 9th(?) level Raptorans, so not really too far out of power level.

Greater teleport only has two functions. It's either great tactical movement (which blink dogs get better in the form of at-will dimension door that they can take a full round action after, or even the blink shirt soulmeld) or it lets you (and only you) retreat easily.

I feel like you don't understand how to use Charm Monster. It's not about Charming **** on the fly, it's about creating allies and minions in non-combat scenarios especially for a creature with an inherent +10 to charisma, and then using them how you see fit.

If you think True Seeing isn't that great you have just never encountered someone good at using illusions.

Also, you do realize that combat is not the ONLY thing that happens in game. Let's say your party is deep out in the wilderness and you realize there is something you need, or at the very least would be super useful, which you did not bring. Some specific scroll maybe? Luckily, you have a character in the party with infinite Greater Teleport who can literally go on shopping expeditions MID-ADVENTURE with no resource cost and very minimal time cost. There are a nearly infinite number of other situations where resourceless teleport would be incredibly useful. Suggesting that Greater Teleport is only used for tactical movement or retreat honestly just shows a massive lack of imagination.

Caelestion
2017-07-26, 04:56 PM
For people who don't play charm spells as "my new friend who never refuses silly things to do", it's not really that bad. Teleport (self only) is one of those conceptually great powers which are sadly rather more limited in actual use, but as a "screw you, I'm out of here" power (appropriate for a being of literal evil), it's almost second to none.

Gildedragon
2017-07-26, 04:57 PM
May I note that a Lvl 1 Beguiler (race) warlock has the True Seeing and Magical Darkness Darkvision (Devil Eyes)

The energy resist can be had by a 3 dip into cleric, going for DMM Persist.
Heck with DMM persist they can use the Ebon Eyes spell and ignore the warlock dip

Caelestion
2017-07-26, 05:00 PM
Bringing up that something is less cheesy than something very cheesy is like saying in a superhero RPG, "he's not overpowered - Superman could hand him his arse."

Gildedragon
2017-07-26, 05:17 PM
Bringing up that something is less cheesy than something very cheesy is like saying in a superhero RPG, "he's not overpowered - Superman could hand him his arse."

That was just off the top of my head.
Half Celestial Beguiler, Warlock 1/Binder 1
Immune to acid, electricity, and cold
True Seeing always
See through magical darkness
Fire Resistance 10
ECL: 6

Caelestion
2017-07-26, 05:20 PM
Which least warlock power is giving you true sight at will? Devil's Sight gives you the deeper darkvision.

Hackulator
2017-07-26, 05:22 PM
That was just off the top of my head.
Half Celestial Beguiler, Warlock 1/Binder 1
Immune to acid, electricity, and cold
True Seeing always
See through magical darkness
Fire Resistance 10
ECL: 6

Where is the race that is giving you true seeing?

Regardless, that's so far off from an Erinyes its ridiculous. Its ECL 6 for something with 2 HD, has nowhere near the stats, and a pile of other things. The fact that you can throw some crap together to get some of the same powers is literally meaningless, I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make.

zergling.exe
2017-07-26, 05:23 PM
Which least warlock power is giving you true sight at will? Devil's Sight gives you the deeper darkvision.

Where is the race that is giving you true seeing?

Regardless, that's so far off from an Erinyes its ridiculous. Its ECL 6 for something with 2 HD, has nowhere near the stats, and a pile of other things. The fact that you can throw some crap together to get some of the same powers is literally meaningless, I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make.

Beguiler from Shining South gives true seeing.

edit: Humorously the table of contents lists them as a magic item rather than a monster. :smallcool:

TotallyNotEvil
2017-07-26, 08:11 PM
Again, it was concluded they are about equal to 9th-10th level PCs. I don't really disagree, he won't be breaking the game playing a LA +1~2 Erinye. There is no Wish SLA or at will Etherealness or super SR or innate casting ability.

Yvhv Weide
2017-07-26, 09:29 PM

Aha! I see now. Well, my stats will be rolled, (my dm is a cruel master) probably with a strange amount of d6 and then dropping the lowest 2...and for some reason the dice gods hate me when ot comes to rolling my stats...

Remuko
2017-07-26, 10:21 PM
Aha! I see now. Well, my stats will be rolled, (my dm is a cruel master) probably with a strange amount of d6 and then dropping the lowest 2...and for some reason the dice gods hate me when ot comes to rolling my stats...

Yes you roll and then add the numbers the person quoted to the scores after you assign your rolls.

Yvhv Weide
2017-07-27, 06:38 AM
on a side note...i have started to fill out a character sheet, my dmd approved of the suggested +1 method. so, im now almost done with this sheet. just gotta pick out my feats and manifester powers, and we will be rarin' to go.

I have, (along with the controlling player) decided that the erinyes, and the succubus are going to have a hate. hate, hate, angry lesbian, hate relationship. so, now, the dudes on the team will now get to watch inter-dimensional Cat fights, without pay per view! catch it fridays at 9pm on the dnd channel! lawls

Caelestion
2017-07-27, 07:26 AM
Is it really a "lesbian" thing if the succubus can assume any form it likes and the erinyes is technically only female because all erinyes are?

Fouredged Sword
2017-07-27, 08:08 AM
I have a reoccurring npc merchant who is actually a succubus named Fred who takes the form of a grumpy dwarf.

zergling.exe
2017-07-27, 09:39 AM
Is it really a "lesbian" thing if the succubus can assume any form it likes and the erinyes is technically only female because all erinyes are?

Erinyes can be male and female:
Unlike other devils, erinyes appear attractive to humans, resembling very comely women or men.

Caelestion
2017-07-27, 11:37 AM
Erinyes can be male and female:

I forgot about that line. :smallredface:

Yvhv Weide
2017-07-27, 11:42 AM

.....Dude....do you like exist to kill joy? the character itself, without the shapechanging, is female, and the player of that character, has so far, decided to keep her female, even with the shapechanging. and as already stated, erinyes CAN be male. i just decided to not make mine be male.

Hackulator
2017-07-27, 11:55 AM
on a side note...i have started to fill out a character sheet, my dmd approved of the suggested +1 method. so, im now almost done with this sheet. just gotta pick out my feats and manifester powers, and we will be rarin' to go.

I have, (along with the controlling player) decided that the erinyes, and the succubus are going to have a hate. hate, hate, angry lesbian, hate relationship. so, now, the dudes on the team will now get to watch inter-dimensional Cat fights, without pay per view! catch it fridays at 9pm on the dnd channel! lawls

Did anyone else get the image of two sweaty gamer nerds chugging mountain dew and furiously RPing their characters' angry lesbian encounter?

Is this post over the line?

Please note I know nothing about the players, any similarity to real people in purely coincidental.

Caelestion
2017-07-27, 11:55 AM
.....Dude....do you like exist to kill joy?

No, that would be a dementor or the demoralising effect of the Grey Wastes.