PDA

View Full Version : App suggestion

DizzyWood
2017-07-25, 06:14 PM
So we are ramping up to a new campaign and several members from my group use and app to manage their character. Now I like that one but it is an apple exclusive...

Any suggestions for a poor Google pleb?

I'd like to be able to load up my cleric spell list and domain and just level with the push a button. I am willing to type things in but I want to do it all in advance not a day or level.

nickl_2000
2017-07-25, 06:20 PM
So we are ramping up to a new campaign and several members from my group use and app to manage their character. Now I like that one but it is an apple exclusive...

Any suggestions for a poor Google pleb?

I'd like to be able to load up my cleric spell list and domain and just level with the push a button. I am willing to type things in but I want to do it all in advance not a day or level.

I use the squire app and like it well enough I upgraded to the paid version to support the developer. If you do try i lt let me know, I can fill in some of the missing info

DizzyWood
2017-07-25, 06:33 PM
I use the squire app and like it well enough I upgraded to the paid version to support the developer. If you do try i lt let me know, I can fill in some of the missing info

I seems to be missing v. Human and all of the cleric domains other then life. I assume I can import things... Is it complicated?

nickl_2000
2017-07-25, 06:45 PM
I seems to be missing v. Human and all of the cleric domains other then life. I assume I can import things... Is it complicated?

No it's extremely easy. I PMed you about it

Koren
2017-07-25, 07:09 PM
I think the app I use is called something like "5e character sheet." the app button is a green d20.

it's free to download, gives you access to lv 1 characters of all races and classes (no UA or Homebrew but I think there are options to add that in and it has everything published to this point) and if you don't want to upgrade you can level your character by hand as each section can be freely modified.

You can pay like $5 to remove ads and automatically level up (it let's you choose asi or feats as well as subclass where appropriate)

the only flaw I have seen with it is the spell tracking, you have to write in each spell name and it gives no details for any spells. I use a separate spellbook app but I had to delete it a while ago so I don't remember what it's called.

Gryndle
2017-07-25, 08:27 PM
New to apps here myself. I really like "The Spellbook" for looking up spells, and you can create a "spells known/prepared list" its search functionality is really simple and it includes all PHB and Elemental Evil spells.

thoroughlyS
2017-07-25, 08:39 PM
I second the use of Squire. I have been using it basically since it came out, and recommend it to everyone I play with. The guy that made it updates it constantly, and it has so many great functions. I also bought the Pro version, which includes a sweet bestiary and magic items.

It only includes material from the SRD for legal reasons, but I have added everything missing from the books (except for spells), as well as the races from Unearthed Arcana. I can give you the .txt files so you can import all of it easily.

Laserlight
2017-07-25, 09:55 PM
I use Spell Book Burned (free) for my spell list.

DizzyWood
2017-07-26, 08:38 AM
I think the app I use is called something like "5e character sheet." the app button is a green d20.

it's free to download, gives you access to lv 1 characters of all races and classes (no UA or Homebrew but I think there are options to add that in and it has everything published to this point) and if you don't want to upgrade you can level your character by hand as each section can be freely modified.

You can pay like $5 to remove ads and automatically level up (it let's you choose asi or feats as well as subclass where appropriate)

the only flaw I have seen with it is the spell tracking, you have to write in each spell name and it gives no details for any spells. I use a separate spellbook app but I had to delete it a while ago so I don't remember what it's called.

My husband used that one for a bit and I found it frustrating for me. He played a rouge and it worked well enough but the need for a spellbook app for a caster frustrates me. Id like it all in one place... If I had gone with my archer character that is the one I would have used.

DivisibleByZero
2017-07-26, 08:48 AM
I use:
Fifth Edition Character Sheet (upgraded to remove ads and get a few other perks) for characters
Spell Book Burned for spells
Crit Dice (upgraded for unlimited favorites) for rolling

I've tried a lot of different apps for each of the above, and those are my favorites, which is why I upgraded two of them.

DizzyWood
2017-07-26, 08:56 AM
No it's extremely easy. I PMed you about it

This guy! This guy right here is a CHAMP!!!!!

thoroughlyS
2017-07-27, 07:40 PM
Someone sent me a PM about the Unearthed Arcana stuff, but I figured I could just share my files for Squire with everybody. Even if you only want the stuff from the SRD, I recommend importing SquireReplaceFeatures because it adds in all the errata.

Squire Files (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_jKV0bMnLVkeC1aNXMxSjczeTg?resourcekey=0-wHnQtNFfOB8A1LpNTaBYeg)

Now, there are a couple of hoops to jump through if you want everything off of here. I recommend starting with a blank copy of Squire, but that isn't entirely necessary. Just know that there may be redundancies, descrepencies, or missing information otherwise. Below is the intended order in which to import the files, what options should be selected, and any additional notes.

SquireReplaceRaces - Select "Replace All", then continue.
Adds missing light hammer proficiency back to dwarf.
SquireReplaceFeatures - Select "Replace All", then continue.
Incorporates the errata and corrects a handful of typos.
SquireLanguages - Select continue.
Must be done before races, otherwise the races lose the languages that weren't listed.
SquireRaces - Select continue.
Includes races from PHB, DMG, EE, SCAG, and Volo's.
SquireClasses - Select "Replace All", then continue.
Includes classes from PHB and SCAG.
Go to the features list, and delete the following features: Domain Spells [Cleric], Bonus Cantrip [Druid], Circle Spells (All) [Druid], and Sacred Oath - All [Paladin]. SquireClassFeatures includes more informational versions of these features.
SquireBackgrounds - Select continue.
Includes backgrounds from PHB.
Delete the second listing for noble and sailor. I don't know why Squire adds them twice.
SquireRaceFeatures - Select continue.
SquireClassFeatures - Select continue.
SquireBackgroundFeatures - Select continue.
SquireFeatFeatures - Select continue.
SquireInsertFeatures - Select "Insert as New" for all options, then continue.
Adds all of the features which share a name with something already in Squire (which do not get added because of a quirk in the import software).

Unearthed Arcana has its own sub-folder. Simply follow the above steps in the same order, but using the files within marked with UA.