PDA

View Full Version : Mafia V - Signup Thread

Joosbawx
2007-08-08, 03:29 PM
Hello all. Well, I've returned to GitP and SMBG and I think its high time for another Mafia game a la Joosbawx. If you're interested, post below and I'll be happy to add you to the list.

Game Begins: When there is an opening...SOON!

I've decided to keep the Maltese Falcon game and give it another go 'round with just a few very minor tweaks. If you'd like to review the rules from the last game you can find them here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39711). Now...for a taste of what is to come:

The train slogged to a shuddering halt with all the grace of a sailor thirty-six hours into a three day shore leave and it belched steam and disembarking travelers with steady regularity as I stared out the passenger car window with my forehead leaning against the cool glass watching drops of condensation congregate like the scattered bits of rumor and circumstance I'd been chasing for...how long has it been now anyway?

Pushing my hand through my hair I stood, turning my back to the window to pull my hat on before exiting the small public compartment I'd soon be sharing with a brand new group of strangers. Glancing either way in the narrow hall before shutting the door behind me I headed for the rear of the car to catch a breath of fresh air and a cigarette...too bad the dining car was closed at this time of night or I'd have added a finger or two of something a little stronger than the weak coffee I'd grimaced down about two hours before. With a scratchy snap the match flared to life as I tuned out the hustle and shouts of the new and old passengers scurrying around the platform like the droplets of condensation on the window pane...coalescing into larger groups before running off elsewhere, or breaking off into separate entities as their paths from top to bottom pulled them in different directions. I allowed myself a smile courtesy of a particularly enthusiastic and lingering goodbye between a fresh uniform and what appeared to be his fiance from the modest ring on her finger that gripped his shoulder.

Exhaling a plume of smoke I turned to give them some semblance of privacy amongst the teeming throng of last minute goodbyes...and that's when I saw him. A face I'd never seen in person, but was the subject of a well worn photograph that even now I unconsciously patted, just to be sure it was still there, as I habitually did. Then it was gone, lost among the others either coming or going...but it was there, I was sure of it...wasn't I? Or was this just going to turn out like Chicago, or Grenoble, or Morocco? With a narrowed gaze I sifted through the collage of faces, scrutinizing and discarding them until I'd found...there! There it was again, I was sure of it...leaving the platform, stopping to buy a paper. Swearing, my concentration was broken by the searing pain of the forgotten cigarette in my fingers and I looked away...damn. Gone...but still here. Here in the same place. Had we been on the same train? Flicking the offending stub away, I rushed back inside, bouncing off the backside of an ample woman trying to maneuver her way down the hall of the passenger car. Impatiently I made my mumbled apology and grabbed my coat and small bag, giving a heft to the coat to ensure that my only means of physical protection was still nested safely in the deep left-side pocket and bolted from the train. No need to get to Philadelphia now...not since I'd seen him here. The need was almost palpable, I'd finally caught up with it...now to only pinpoint its current owner and make him my offer.

Current Cast List: 31

Alarra
Almighty Salmon
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
Castaras
CurlyKitGirl
Crystall Myr
Eldritch Knight
evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Helgraf
HyramGraf
janusnori
Kahldan
Korias
Krursk
Malmagor Andrigal
pingcode20
Pwenet
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
Raldor
S.Hadow
Space is Curved
Supagoof
Timberwolf
Tormsskull
Traveling Angel
Vonriel
whitehelm
Zar Peter

Alarra
2007-08-08, 03:36 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

And to think I was seriously considering leaving the boards and these games for awhile. Glad I didn't. Sign me up darlin! :smallbiggrin:

evnafets
2007-08-08, 03:37 PM
Count me in for this one too.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-08, 03:42 PM
I can handle one more.

Pwenet
2007-08-08, 03:45 PM
Count me in.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-08, 03:47 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Joosbawx
2007-08-08, 03:49 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I'm counting that as a signup. =)

Tormsskull
2007-08-08, 03:50 PM
I hate to be a grotchy old toad, but as long as Mafia doesn't have 37 different roles with a manual of rules that I have to read in order to understand how to play, please sign me up.

Khaldan
2007-08-08, 03:50 PM
IN! make me evil for once..

Zar Peter
2007-08-08, 03:51 PM
The man at the telescope stops looking into the sky.

Oh no, I think I have to call my agent to get me into this game again. The last one was hillarious!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-08, 04:05 PM
In the dark shadows of the city, overcast and on a moonless night, a private investigator pulls up the collars of his trenchcoat.

Glancing around, he focuses on the doorway and jiggles a lockpick into the lock.

*Snick*

Glancing again to see if anyone notices the nearly silent noise, he slowly opens the door and steps inside.

"I'm finally in" he says to says to himself.

janusnori
2007-08-08, 05:27 PM
Mafia has always been my favorite.

I'm in.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-08-08, 05:33 PM
Yeah! The Joos is back!

Bigger YEAH! He brought the Mafia with him! Wait, that doesn't sound quite right.

Sign me up anyway.

Shadow
2007-08-08, 05:54 PM
Do I really have to tell you about the return of Silas Hadow?
He's back, and he's on a mission from.... well.... from someone....

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-08, 06:24 PM
Count me in, hopefully I'll be dead in a few others by the time this starts that I'll actually have time to take it seriously.

Khaldan
2007-08-08, 06:31 PM
Joos, if you need a co-narrator, id be willing to do that..

Madmal
2007-08-08, 07:27 PM
Joos! nice seeing you again.

btw, i pressume it's "a la Joosbawx".:smalltongue:

I'm in too.

Eldritch Knight
2007-08-08, 08:12 PM
Why would I pass one of these up? After all, this proves to be one of the most entertaining games available.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-08, 08:46 PM
*sigh*

I wish you'd come back like a week or two ago. I think I've hit my limit with two actives and two waiting to start...

Mafia was the game that convinced me to start playing, but it never started...now it will, and I just don't know that I'd have the time with my new job...

Ah well...maybe the next round I'll get in on it...:smallfrown:

Skippy
2007-08-08, 10:31 PM
I'm in... I'm starting to like this thing!!

Vonriel
2007-08-09, 12:46 AM
Count me in.

Helgraf
2007-08-09, 12:52 AM
Hello all. Well, I've returned to GitP and SMBG and I think its high time for another Mafia game al a Joosbawx. If you're interested, post below and I'll be happy to add you to the list. Registration will go from now until...oh, lets say through Wednesday the 15th of August.

Tell your friends! More details to follow as I finalize the theme and roles.

Current Cast List

Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
CurlyKitGirl
evnafets
Kahldan
Pwenet
Tormsskull
Zar Peter

Oh Gawds you know I won't miss this!!

pingcode20
2007-08-09, 03:55 AM
Ooh, definitely in!

Castaras
2007-08-09, 07:06 AM
In.

Woot! Mafia is back!

Joosbawx
2007-08-09, 09:57 AM
please note announcements and dates in first post. Thank You.

Timberwolf
2007-08-09, 10:06 AM
The tiny femme fatale unconciously ironed a crease out of her bright red dress and took a meditive pull on the black cigarette in its long holder. Surely someone would buy her a drink to ease her fear and guilt ?

At least for a time.

Yes, that's an in !!

HyramGraff
2007-08-09, 02:31 PM
I suppose that I'll join this as well.

Almighty Salmon
2007-08-11, 10:29 AM
Huzzah! You can count me in.

Raiser Blade
2007-08-11, 08:26 PM
*prance of joy

im in

Krursk
2007-08-11, 09:51 PM
Oooh, another mafia. I'm in

Traveling_Angel
2007-08-13, 05:16 PM
I'm in as well, but a few questions.

How fast does Day/Night toggle?
Who is killed by the two underground orgs? How is that determined?
Does the linch mob election include everyone?
Is it possible for underground orgs to recruit when their leader dies?
Is it public knowlege when a group is eliminated?
Is to possible to belong to both groups?

Otherwise, I would like to request the role of average joe citizen.

Crystall_Myr
2007-08-14, 03:02 AM
In. (Filler space)

Joosbawx
2007-08-14, 07:13 AM
How fast does Day/Night toggle?
Who is killed by the two underground orgs? How is that determined?
Does the linch mob election include everyone?
Is it possible for underground orgs to recruit when their leader dies?
Is it public knowlege when a group is eliminated?
Is to possible to belong to both groups?

Day is approximately 48 hours for voting. Night is approximately 24 hours.
The underground organizations take the place of the 'werewolves', so they kill off anyone not belonging to their own organization.
Yes, everyone votes for lynches. In fact, if you don't vote often enough, you will become auto-lynched.
No, once the leader is gone an organization can no longer recruit.
When a member of an underground organization is killed it is made public knowledge; however, if they held a specific role within the organization that is NOT made public knowledge.
No, it is not possible to belong to both groups. In fact, anyone leaking caught leaking information about their group to someone outside their group is killed by their group for disloyalty.

Official Rules of Mafia (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39711)
(as narrated by Joosbawx)

Also, we need more players to fill out he ranks. So if you're thinking about joining, please don't just think about it...Join!

Joosbawx
2007-08-15, 10:48 PM
Last Day
to sign up for
Mafia V!

Kyrian
2007-08-16, 06:14 PM
I'm not going to be in this time around, but Joos, if you want to bring Mafia IV back after this one, I'll be back at school and in my dorm starting tomorrow.

Korias
2007-08-16, 07:33 PM
I would like to join with the Mafia. Sign me up please!

Joosbawx
2007-08-17, 07:26 AM
I'm not going to be in this time around, but Joos, if you want to bring Mafia IV back after this one, I'll be back at school and in my dorm starting tomorrow.

Sounds fine to me, Kyrian. Looking forward to it. And hey, you should join...

Space-Is-Curved
2007-08-17, 10:41 AM
Hey, is it too late to join? I tried to join yesterday but I guess I didn't give the post time to load before I got off.

Joosbawx
2007-08-17, 02:19 PM
Hey, is it too late to join? I tried to join yesterday but I guess I didn't give the post time to load before I got off.

Not too late at all. In fact, since I'm heading out of town this weekend, I'm going to extend signup to Monday.

Kyrian
2007-08-18, 08:17 AM
Well, I'm back in the dorm...so I'm IN. Give me a chance to get some Mafia action in before IV. :P

Traveling_Angel
2007-08-18, 06:57 PM
Actually, I was asking how the murder Victims are selected, and how many each org kills (one I presume, but just checking).

Space-Is-Curved
2007-08-18, 08:10 PM
Sweet, I'm in.

Zar Peter
2007-08-19, 02:58 AM
Actually, I was asking how the murder Victims are selected, and how many each org kills (one I presume, but just checking).

Normally the bad guys are discussing who they want to kill and when they finally come to an decission they send in the kill with a nice and shiny death scene to the narrator.
1 per organisation per day, of course.

whitehelm
2007-08-19, 04:47 PM
It looks like I'm going to be killed in Infiltration, so I can join this one.

In!

Raiser Blade
2007-08-19, 05:30 PM
@^
lol i guess i have a little something to do with that

Joosbawx
2007-08-20, 09:19 AM
Last Day
to sign up for
Mafia V!

No, really. Today is the last day.
There are currently 30 players.
Would like a few more to make the game last.

Supagoof
2007-08-20, 03:37 PM
I'll sign up Joosbawx, but only if you make it to the Midwest Meetup. (Fargo is only what, 4-5 hours from the Twin Cities right? C'mon down and have some fun! :smallwink: )

Okay, I'll sign up regardless. :smallbiggrin: *Goes to work on film noir style of speech.*

Joosbawx
2007-08-20, 08:30 PM
I'll sign up Joosbawx, but only if you make it to the Midwest Meetup. (Fargo is only what, 4-5 hours from the Twin Cities right? C'mon down and have some fun! :smallwink: )

Okay, I'll sign up regardless. :smallbiggrin: *Goes to work on film noir style of speech.*

Hey, I'd love to...when is it again? Also, for anyone interested, I'll be at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival on September 22nd and would love to meet anyone else there that weekend.

Jontom Xire
2007-08-21, 01:56 AM
In, in, in, in. I'm not too late right? I'd be gutted to miss it.

I only just saw this and so glad I did. I've never played Mafia before, but have heard it's excellent and have lurked a bit before.

I'm going to try to RP a bit more, rather than just play and be all logic.

Joosbawx
2007-08-21, 09:17 AM
And with Jontom Xire, registration is closed. Thanks all for joining. Roles will be assigned and finalized soon, and I'll link to the game thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54512).

oooh oooh can I join?

Sorry...roles have been decided.

bloodluster
2007-08-21, 03:35 PM
oooh oooh can I join?