PDA

View Full Version : 5e build help

Konun
2017-07-25, 11:55 PM
Hi all I am looking to play a healer ( due to party comp and the fact we are in curse of strahd )

But I do not wish to play a Druid , cleric , Bard as I do not like the flavour , implementation of these classes . For RP reasons . And the DM won't let me play an alchemist. So I'm looking for a warlord style option.

Can this be a thing in 5e or do I need to look at ignoring the need for heals entirely?

We have

Warlock (raven)
Paladin (protection)
Fighter (gunslinger)
Fighter (monster hunter)
Rogue (assassin)
Wizard

Point to note the rogue and paladin are the only melee guys.

Any help on this would be great as I've hit the point I'm. It sure what to do.

bluthunda
2017-07-26, 12:57 AM
Paladin/Sorcerer multiclass build if UA is available use the Favored Soul Sorcerer which basically can choose known spells from sorcerer or cleric giving you some healing plus melee abilities from Paladin.

Finger6842
2017-07-26, 01:02 AM
Hi all I am looking to play a healer ( due to party comp and the fact we are in curse of strahd )

But I do not wish to play a Druid , cleric , Bard as I do not like the flavour , implementation of these classes . For RP reasons . And the DM won't let me play an alchemist. So I'm looking for a warlord style option.

Can this be a thing in 5e or do I need to look at ignoring the need for heals entirely?

We have

Warlock (raven)
Paladin (protection)
Fighter (gunslinger)
Fighter (monster hunter)
Rogue (assassin)
Wizard

Point to note the rogue and paladin are the only melee guys.

Any help on this would be great as I've hit the point I'm. It sure what to do.

You already have a Paladin who can heal, A second Paladin will work fine to share the load and double up on Auras. If UA is allowed then you can take Wizard with Arcane tradition Theurgy. The Warlock may be able to provide lots of temp hp with the right build.

If you Hadn't said you didn't want one I'd say this party needs a lore Bard. (Fighters can be Monster Hunters?)

Konun
2017-07-26, 01:05 AM
Hi thanks for the input UA is available but subject to DM approval . Favoured soul is allowed as I was going to play one prior to my current cleric.

Monster hunter It's a 3rd party Matt mercer class.

ApplePen
2017-07-26, 01:18 AM
Seems like you really want a Paladin of Vengeance. Would fit well and give you healing powers without overlapping too much.

Konun
2017-07-26, 03:35 AM
Seems like you really want a Paladin of Vengeance. Would fit well and give you healing powers without overlapping too much.

That would work great from a mechanical standpoint but not sure if I could play a divine char as I end up way to much like a zealot and there are a lot of undead about not all of them are evil . Thanks for the input though it has made the maybe column

I think I may look in to refuffing a valor bard

Azgeroth
2017-07-26, 04:00 AM
good alligned undead is still undead, choose a god who hates undead, and your allignment is preserved.. remember, morality is subjective :D

Konun
2017-07-26, 06:22 AM
good alligned undead is still undead, choose a god who hates undead, and your allignment is preserved.. remember, morality is subjective :D

Currently playing a cleric of kelmvor and the party are being really annoyed with me trying to destroy every undead thing we come across. Hence the change. They are of the enemy of my enemy is my friend stance . I am of the all undead must be purged stance.