PDA

View Full Version : Rolled good stats. Ideas?

Findulidas
2017-07-26, 04:00 AM
So I rolled good stats, 18, 16, 14,14, 11, 10. Last time I did it I created a character that really didnt fully utilize them. This time I was thinking of making a more MAD one. Its level 6. I was thinking perhaps 16+2 stre, 14 dex, 14+2 con, 10 int, 11 wis, 18 cha. Dwarf mountain paladin (6) vengeance, warcaster. Then continue all following levels with sorc draconic. I would prefer more skills although going half elf gives two awkward stats. Also being a dwarf is way more appealing.

Anyone have any ideas or perhaps other build ideas that they would do with those stats at that level?

Feuerphoenix
2017-07-26, 06:19 AM
Maybe a dex Pally ? :)

Azgeroth
2017-07-26, 06:31 AM
guessing you want to be the party cannon being sorcadin, your not going to get much better than what you suggested, if at all, could go half elf for the +2cha, or half orc, or dragonborn, but really with those stats you can play any class you like and be very good..

other suggestions? half-elf lore-bard/fey-warlock, pact of the chain, get a pseudo dragon. lots of spell utility, alot of skills, good RP oppurtunity other than, i am the holy avenger and i shall smite thee!! with holy vengance!!

Mikal
2017-07-26, 07:47 AM
See I'd probably go the other way and do Fighter or Rogue. Go with V-Human (use a +1 stat feat of some sort) or a +2 Str or Dex race to start with 20 in your primary stat, put the 16 in Con, and then use all your ASIs for Feats instead.

Put 14s in Wis for saves/perception, and, if you want to multiclass, into whatever stat is needed to get into that class. Want some Sorcerer goodness- Cha. Cleric casting- Wis. etc. etc.

You could go Barb (either main or multi), just don't fall into the unarmored defense trap since you'd need to spend ASIs to make it viable to the armor you can wear already.

Yagyujubei
2017-07-26, 09:00 AM
half elf shadow monk/warlock. its a super MAB heavy build and even then its not the strongest build in the world but damn if it isnt fun to play

Findulidas
2017-07-26, 11:20 AM
Maybe a dex Pally ? :)
I’m not entirely convinced a dex pally is better. If I want to go sorcadin I still need a 13 in strength do MC. You still need to fulfill the old class requirements to MC for some reason. If not then its more appealing, but I think I’ll go with strength anyway since I haven’t made a heavy armor character yet. With defensive and +1 from being in heavy armor you get quite high AC as well.

the party cannon

I have no idea what that means, but it doesn’t sound good.

other suggestions? half-elf lore-bard/fey-warlock, pact of the chain, get a pseudo dragon. lots of spell utility, alot of skills, good RP oppurtunity other than,
Its a solid suggestion, but unfortunately we already have a bard and I REALLY don’t like to play a warlock.

good RP oppurtunity other than, i am the holy avenger and i shall smite thee!! with holy vengance!!
I was thinking of playing my character more like a self-aware "blood knight" who really just likes to battle, blow stuff up with magic, set things on fire and also be part of an adventuring team. While still trying to be a fighter for justice and Tyr. A cold-blooded guy who tries to do well with his personality or something. I really don’t like the basic character types. In the end, I usually don’t end up playing the characters like I first intended anyway so perhaps this is all useless.

See I'd probably go the other way and do Fighter or Rogue. Go with V-Human (use a +1 stat feat of some sort) or a +2 Str or Dex race to start with 20 in your primary stat, put the 16 in Con, and then use all your ASIs for Feats instead.
The last time I had good rolls this is what I did. Its not as fun as you think since you get so many feats you dont know what to do with them, but not enough to actually make it fun. Perhaps I will go rogue this time, I havent decided yet.

You could go Barb (either main or multi), just don't fall into the unarmored defense trap since you'd need to spend ASIs to make it viable to the armor you can wear already.
Well with the stats I have and going barb it can well be more worth it to just go with unarmored defense and crank the stats to the max. Barb is pretty solid with high stats. I made a barb once and it actually was way more fun than what I originally though. I did double as the party thief though with the tools. That advantage on dex saves was enough to save me from traps more than once.

half elf shadow monk/warlock. its a super MAB heavy build and even then its not the strongest build in the world but damn if it isnt fun to play
It seems like a fun choice. However I dont like warlock. I also feel like I really should take several levels of rogue with shadow monk, just like trickery cleric.

KorvinStarmast
2017-07-26, 11:26 AM
18, 16, 14,14, 11, 10

You can be anything with this and have fun.

Consider the Elf Wizard, after racial bonuses, plausibly built like this.

19 Int (+1 was for race)
16 Con
16 Dex (+2 was for race)
14 Wisdom
11 Str
10 Cha
With an extra cantrip
and proficiency in long bow, long sword, short bow, short sword if you think you need them.
YOu could have gone 18 dex and 14 con to boost the armor class and initiative rolls.
You get Perception as proficiency by default, being an elf.

have fun.

Alternately, a Half Elf Lore Bard
18 Dex
18 Cha (your +2 from half elf)
15 Con (a +1 from HE)
14 Wisdom
12 Strength (a +1 from HE)
10 Int.

Fexible and should be able to survive early game pretty well. At 4 get the resilient (Con) feat and off you go.

smcmike
2017-07-26, 11:57 AM
Super Sorcadin sounds like fun, and a good use for high rolls.

I also like the maxed out unarmored Barbarian, who clearly benefits from lots of high numbers.

Valor Bard is another MAD class, with lots of use for physical stats and charisma. You can make a heck of a wrestler with a high-stat valor Bard.

GlenSmash!
2017-07-26, 12:14 PM
Yeah high numbers always tempts me to try the Unarmed Barbarian. One day I may get the chance to play the 20 str, 20 dex, 20 con barbarian of my dreams.

Alternatively you could try the Paladin/Ranger or Paladin/Monk for maximum MADness.

Honest Tiefling
2017-07-26, 12:21 PM
I think Sorcadin is the way to go. Half-elf is likely better, but if you felt that you not utilizing your stats impaired your enjoyment, I'd use those stats to make a Sorcadin of a unoptimized race.

And if your stats are way better then the rest of your party, you get to feel like you put it to good use and not outshine everyone.

Christian
2017-07-26, 12:24 PM
the party cannon
I have no idea what that means, but it doesn’t sound good.

It just means that when the particular obstacle blocking the party from their objective is "those guys over there have way too many hit points", you're the party member who responds, "Consider that handled."

In CO terms, that refers to a build with significantly higher than average nova DPR; when you really, really need to pile on damage to one or more enemies, you have the tools to make even the toughest target say, "Ow! That hurt!"